The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Hunting > Food/Bait Plots/Supplemental Feeding
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2008, 06:30 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glascock View Post
Well what have YOu got?So far,all you've done is copy and paste Aldo Leopold,whoever the he11 that is...............
Copy and paste my ass. I had to type all that crap. I just thought this would get some good discussion going since many on here so feed. Me I could care less either way. If I personally am going to feed it's to get pictures. Personally I'm not into manipulating the situation. It takes some of the mystery out of hunting just like cameras. But we all know that hunting has changed and I make the adjustments just fine. But I don't necessarily agree with all of them.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:40 PM
CWD-Cornin Whitetail Deer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansashunter View Post
Copy and paste my ass. I had to type all that crap. I just thought this would get some good discussion going since many on here so feed. Me I could care less either way. If I personally am going to feed it's to get pictures. Personally I'm not into manipulating the situation. It takes some of the mystery out of hunting just like cameras. But we all know that hunting has changed and I make the adjustments just fine. But I don't necessarily agree with all of them.
I get where you're coming from.............BTW,Did you see those pics I got off my trailcam?
Old 01-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansashunter View Post
I've been thinking of something to type for this thread, but you just put it into words perfectly Kansas!!

BuckyT
Old 01-27-2008, 09:59 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glascock View Post
I get where you're coming from.............BTW,Did you see those pics I got off my trailcam?
Yeah. That one was shooter for sure. Some good prospects for next year also. I have my camera out on the same trail I had it on all last summer. I might drop a bags of yellow acorns to see whats still around now that the season has cooled off some. I had about 15 boarderline shooters bucks and I only know of one that hit the ground.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:28 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handgunner View Post
IMO, If it came from JBowers, it's going to come with a strongly biased slant.
YEP! what he said!!!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Shady Acres Farm & kennel

I dont think supplemental feeding reaches enough of the population to have adverse effects.

KH if it really dont matter then why do you spend all the time and money to plant all that food and trees.

Is it to help the wild life or for bait?

Just asking?
Old 02-06-2008, 10:36 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackwacker View Post
I dont think supplemental feeding reaches enough of the population to have adverse effects.

KH if it really dont matter then why do you spend all the time and money to plant all that food and trees.

Is it to help the wild life or for bait?

Just asking?
OK Wes believe it or not. becaue I enjoy it. Period. I like to watch stuff grow. It started early back in my younger days. We would grow stuff and it was exciting to see how tall and fast you could make the stuff grow. Here I am 47 years old and I still have poeple tell me. Man that was the best stuff ever. So I'm married have children I can no longer do THAT. So I got into planting gardens and trees around our house(trailer) when I first started. After I filled my yard with trees I started planting for deer out around the eges of the yard. Now I have a deer garden in the front yard(clover, alfafa and chicory) My vegetable garden most of time is planted for the deer also.

I do it with our club first, because this day and time that is what most people consider a part of hunting. (Plant it they will come: deer and hunters) And I enjoy it. Do I think they need it or should we actually be doing. NO!. Do I care if anyone else does? NO! Do I think it is as critical as what John sent me. NO!. But I do think it should be discussed to let people form their own opinions. Most of what hunters do today takes away from the mystic of hunting. But let me add it also adds to the enjoyment of the outdoors. So its a give and take. Strange but true IMO. Did that help you understand where I'm coming from?
Old 02-09-2008, 05:26 AM
THE PLACE Member

Question Hunter..........

Man, you can a lot of time on your hands...............

Why should we just say "no" to feeding wildlife??????????

I still don't see your point from what you've posted..................

Is it a money thing or a thing where you just don't want to do it??????????