The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > Project and Fix It
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #136  
Old 05-20-2019, 05:12 AM
ssramage's Avatar
ssramage ssramage is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SSI
Posts: 15,511
Default

Looks good...for a Chevy!
__________________
Should've got a crew cab...and a jon boat.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 05-21-2019, 08:40 AM
Just 1 More's Avatar
Just 1 More Just 1 More is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Frozen tundra
Posts: 23,043
Default

__________________
I'm just like you... only prettier

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 05-21-2019, 09:21 AM
JamesG's Avatar
JamesG JamesG is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 35,510
Default

__________________
Wallow in the winter of it,Discover what you truly covet,Underneath and far above it,You slither in all kinds of Shit
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 05-21-2019, 10:02 AM
Gimp's Avatar
Gimp Gimp is offline
Pintail is my best good chum
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Da projects
Posts: 41,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssramage View Post
Looks good...for a Chevy!
bet you wont line up against that Chevy
__________________
If youre going to fight, fight like you are the third monkey boarding Noah's Ark and brother, its starting to rain
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 05-21-2019, 10:09 AM
ssramage's Avatar
ssramage ssramage is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SSI
Posts: 15,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
bet you wont line up against that Chevy
Shiiiiitttttt.... I’ll line up against anything.

One day, when I have poopoo’s money, mine might get a new motor. For now, we’ll stick with the 289.
__________________
Should've got a crew cab...and a jon boat.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 05-21-2019, 10:17 AM
Just 1 More's Avatar
Just 1 More Just 1 More is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Frozen tundra
Posts: 23,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
bet you wont line up against that Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssramage View Post
Shiiiiitttttt.... I’ll line up against anything.

One day, when I have poopoo’s money, mine might get a new motor. For now, we’ll stick with the 289.
He might stand a chance... i'd probably smoke the tires all the way

and PooPoo aint got the same income he had 6 weeks ago.. the huge pay cut I had to take to keep my job has hurt... bad
__________________
I'm just like you... only prettier

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 05-21-2019, 12:10 PM
ssramage's Avatar
ssramage ssramage is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SSI
Posts: 15,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
He might stand a chance... i'd probably smoke the tires all the way

and PooPoo aint got the same income he had 6 weeks ago.. the huge pay cut I had to take to keep my job has hurt... bad
Well at least if I smoke the tires, it'll only be one of them!

Sorry to hear about the pay cut. That sucks.
__________________
Should've got a crew cab...and a jon boat.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 05-21-2019, 02:29 PM
Just 1 More's Avatar
Just 1 More Just 1 More is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Frozen tundra
Posts: 23,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssramage View Post
Well at least if I smoke the tires, it'll only be one of them!

Sorry to hear about the pay cut. That sucks.
Thanks.. Mines a one wheel wonder right now also.. I have a 12 bolt posi sitting here for when I do the torque arm/coilover rear suspension

I'm dealing with the pay cut and concentrating on getting the car back together,, then I can get serious about looking and relocating for a new job.
__________________
I'm just like you... only prettier

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 05-21-2019, 02:30 PM
Timber Cruiser's Avatar
Timber Cruiser Timber Cruiser is offline
GO TIGERS!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
He might stand a chance... i'd probably smoke the tires all the way

and PooPoo aint got the same income he had 6 weeks ago.. the huge pay cut I had to take to keep my job has hurt... bad
When I was in high school, a buddy of mine drove a 71 Challenger. 340 with 1 4 bbl. We were shootin pool one night and some dude came in askin who's it was. He had a 90's model 5.7 Firebird and they agreed to race for $100. the Firebird won. By the time the Firebird crossed the finish line, my buddy's Challenger had gone about 3 1/2 yards. Slap ruined the back tires. Firebird dude wouldn't take his money. Bad ass car btw Frank.
__________________
What's a honky gotta do around here to get a little recognition?
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 05-21-2019, 02:43 PM
Just 1 More's Avatar
Just 1 More Just 1 More is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Frozen tundra
Posts: 23,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Cruiser View Post
When I was in high school, a buddy of mine drove a 71 Challenger. 340 with 1 4 bbl. We were shootin pool one night and some dude came in askin who's it was. He had a 90's model 5.7 Firebird and they agreed to race for $100. the Firebird won. By the time the Firebird crossed the finish line, my buddy's Challenger had gone about 3 1/2 yards. Slap ruined the back tires. Firebird dude wouldn't take his money. Bad ass car btw Frank.
__________________
I'm just like you... only prettier

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 05-21-2019, 03:03 PM
ssramage's Avatar
ssramage ssramage is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SSI
Posts: 15,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
Thanks.. Mines a one wheel wonder right now also.. I have a 12 bolt posi sitting here for when I do the torque arm/coilover rear suspension

I'm dealing with the pay cut and concentrating on getting the car back together,, then I can get serious about looking and relocating for a new job.
A lot of guys on the Mustang forum have had success using this guy's shop. I'm thinking of going this route with 3.80s and just keeping the 8" rear.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-INCH-FORD...6b7a%7Ciid%3A1
__________________
Should've got a crew cab...and a jon boat.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 05-21-2019, 03:07 PM
Just 1 More's Avatar
Just 1 More Just 1 More is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Frozen tundra
Posts: 23,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssramage View Post
A lot of guys on the Mustang forum have had success using this guy's shop. I'm thinking of going this route with 3.80s and just keeping the 8" rear.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-INCH-FORD...6b7a%7Ciid%3A1
I don't see why you would do anything different than that,, looks good
__________________
I'm just like you... only prettier

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 05-21-2019, 08:33 PM
Just 1 More's Avatar
Just 1 More Just 1 More is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Frozen tundra
Posts: 23,043
Default

This is what I ended up doing with the trunk mounted battery, master kill switch, remote solenoid. The 1ga starter cable is only energized when turning the key, main power is energized when the master power is on, otherwise, completely dead system. It's an AGM battery so no acid, no fumes, no venting

20190520_201547 by F G, on Flickr
__________________
I'm just like you... only prettier

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 05-21-2019, 08:37 PM
Just 1 More's Avatar
Just 1 More Just 1 More is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Frozen tundra
Posts: 23,043
Default

If there are any body guys on here.. you have my utmost respect..
I can already tell that i'll get the fenders, cowl, header panel and grill assembly mounted and close but.... i'll be taking it to a professional to get everything lined up.
It was a serious wrestling match between me and that one fender.. attempting the other side tomorrow



20190521_181522 by F G, on Flickr
__________________
I'm just like you... only prettier

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 05-22-2019, 04:02 PM
Just 1 More's Avatar
Just 1 More Just 1 More is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Frozen tundra
Posts: 23,043
Default

20190522_160731 by F G, on Flickr
__________________
I'm just like you... only prettier

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.