The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > The Trading Post
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-06-2008, 11:36 PM
snuffer
 
Posts: n/a
Default turkey buster

i'm selling one fine turkey shotgun, if any are interested. it's an 870 xpress magnum, a 3'' gun. gun docc did the barrell work on it, and it will shoot! has had the action and trigger worked. has an R3 recoil pad, a remmy xtended turkey choke, a factory modified tube, and a kick's gobblin thunder that loves #4's. the gun has fiber optic sights, but i am throwing in an AIMPOINT dot sight w/ a knights' armament combat grade mount. it only needs a weaver base tapped to the receiver, and i may have that done this week. i have fell in love w/ my bps 3.5'' gun, and won't be using this one much, so i will let it go to finance some of the upcoming turkey wars. pm for details. this is a serious shotgun for a turkey hunter, and will shoot unreal patterns w/ most anything you feed it, including buckshot. of course, one could buy a new 870 xpress for a little less than this one...but, it wouldn't hold a candle to it...curtis does a fine job! also, the site and mount are pretty expensive, itself.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-07-2008, 02:01 AM
walker's Avatar
walker walker is offline
Strokin
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: winder
Posts: 27,273
Default

cast a price out and ya might catch more fish
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-07-2008, 06:41 AM
Bull0ne Bull0ne is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,161
Default

Snuffer, you have a PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-07-2008, 08:15 AM
snuffer
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker View Post
cast a price out and ya might catch more fish
in classic homer simpson fashion....DHOOUGH!... ooops! sorry folks, price is 350 dollars.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-10-2008, 08:34 PM
snuffer
 
Posts: n/a
Default

bump...if you figure 250 for the gun and 100 for the aimpoint...it's a deal...a package deal only...gun by itself, 300.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Bull0ne Bull0ne is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffer View Post
bump...if you figure 250 for the gun and 100 for the aimpoint...it's a deal...a package deal only...gun by itself, 300.

You got a PM
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-14-2008, 09:17 PM
snuffer
 
Posts: n/a
Default

sold! bull, i had about decided to keep the thing, but you seem like a fine fellow, and i will keep my word to you. i thoroughly enjoyed talking to you, and hope we can chase some gobblers this spring...i'll be in touch. hope you have good luck w/ it, and i'm sure you will like it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Bull0ne Bull0ne is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffer View Post
sold! bull, i had about decided to keep the thing, but you seem like a fine fellow, and i will keep my word to you. i thoroughly enjoyed talking to you, and hope we can chase some gobblers this spring...i'll be in touch. hope you have good luck w/ it, and i'm sure you will like it.
It was a pleasure talking to you as well!

I'll be looking to hear from you after you get the rest of the shipping costs together and we'll finish up the deal.

BTW............thanks for the pics you sent me. That brought back memories of some old times around the camp.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Handgunner's Avatar
Handgunner Handgunner is offline
Big D.
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Just this side of there.
Posts: 3,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull0ne View Post
It was a pleasure talking to you as well!

I'll be looking to hear from you after you get the rest of the shipping costs together and we'll finish up the deal.

BTW............thanks for the pics you sent me. That brought back memories of some old times around the camp.
Swing that puppy by the house here and we'll pattern it...... I need you too sight mine it too...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Bull0ne Bull0ne is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handgunner View Post
Swing that puppy by the house here and we'll pattern it...... I need you too sight mine it too...

Sure.............I live for pain.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Handgunner's Avatar
Handgunner Handgunner is offline
Big D.
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Just this side of there.
Posts: 3,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull0ne View Post
Sure.............I live for pain.


Well I got it waiting on you. Recoil pad or not, that thing of mine punishes........ at BOTH ends!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Bull0ne Bull0ne is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,161
Default Follow up...........

The turkey buster arrived on schedule and I'm very pleased with a smooth transaction.

Snuffer, thanks for everything and we'll talk soon!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Handgunner's Avatar
Handgunner Handgunner is offline
Big D.
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Just this side of there.
Posts: 3,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull0ne View Post
The turkey buster arrived on schedule and I'm very pleased with a smooth transaction.

Snuffer, thanks for everything and we'll talk soon!
Bring it!

Mine is ready to go with the Nitro's... I'll furnish the beer!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.