The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > The Sports Page
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2017, 07:36 PM
THE PLACE Member

I'm just glad we're here to play one more. NOT trying to be all UGAish. But its fun to be in the hunt. Be a great way to send out the Georgia Dome for sure. It was fun watching Arthur Blank towards the end of the game the other day. Old joker has definitely put his heart and soul into the city.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:09 PM
richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
One thing is for sure......Proabably won't be any missed FGs in this game. LoL Both kickers about as automatic as you can get. Atl wins 34-31 Not sure my heart can take watching this game. My stomach was a mess even watching the Seattle game! LoL
Game is in the 40's. Atl & GB D each have 4+ PI called on them...
We need #44 to show up instead of Saturday's effort. Let's hope Jordy can't go because we'll have a hard enough time with Cobb, Cook, Adams, etc. Cook down the seam worries me a ton. GB secondary is absolutely practice squad depth due to injuries so the Birds should be able to throw at will...but hopefully they get a lead & then ride Freeman & Coleman & some occasional passes to Sanu/Gabriel/Hooper...have a feeling Julio will be a decoy much of this game due to toe injury, especially if we have the lead because he will absolutely HAVE to play in SB if the Falcons get there to have any chance of winning
Old 01-16-2017, 08:46 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quit the worrying. Coon in a rout.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:47 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craniums View Post
Game is in the 40's. Atl & GB D each have 4+ PI called on them...
We need #44 to show up instead of Saturday's effort. Let's hope Jordy can't go because we'll have a hard enough time with Cobb, Cook, Adams, etc. Cook down the seam worries me a ton. GB secondary is absolutely practice squad depth due to injuries so the Birds should be able to throw at will...but hopefully they get a lead & then ride Freeman & Coleman & some occasional passes to Sanu/Gabriel/Hooper...have a feeling Julio will be a decoy much of this game due to toe injury, especially if we have the lead because he will absolutely HAVE to play in SB if the Falcons get there to have any chance of winning
Both teams are very fortunate to have healthy QBs at this point in the season. It's amazing that Julio is really the only offensive player with any injuries. I bet there is close to 800 yds passing in this game and a couple hundred yds rushing as well I Sure hope our special teams play well. Can't afford to let GB return a kickoff or punt for a TD. I think Gabriel is going to have a couple big plays across the middle. Wonder if they win the coin toss if they will elect to kickoff like they did last week? I'd like to see them receive and take it down and score first myself
Old 01-16-2017, 10:10 PM
THE PLACE Member

I am pumped about the game, if you didn't see Blank dancing in the locker room you should watch the YouTube it's nuts.
I really look for them to blitz a lot and try to get after Ryan. That's the only way I see them stopping the Falcons.
I feel pretty good about our defense getting after Rogers early and often.
I think we will spy him to keep him from running the ball. He got some key first downs against Dallas.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:53 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngabowhunter View Post
I am pumped about the game, if you didn't see Blank dancing in the locker room you should watch the YouTube it's nuts.
I really look for them to blitz a lot and try to get after Ryan. That's the only way I see them stopping the Falcons.
I feel pretty good about our defense getting after Rogers early and often.
I think we will spy him to keep him from running the ball. He got some key first downs against Dallas.
Randy. Hope they do blitz so we can dump it off quick to the backs or TE for some big gains. Seattle tried and Ryan burnt them badly for it
Old 01-17-2017, 05:41 PM
THE PLACE Member

Falcons -4. No way I'd put money on this game at -4. Good line by Vegas. Tough one
Old 01-17-2017, 08:34 PM
Antler Addict

Quote:
Falcons -4. No way I'd put money on this game at -4. Good line by Vegas. Tough one
I'd wager it on the Falcons. I see 41-34 Falcons

GB will be playing catch up early. If we win the toss we will take the ball 2nd half. Not afraid of GB scoring first. We'll just score second. Julio will be a factor...he will numb it up and gut it out like he always does. But either way, we have the receivers and RBs to cover for him. I expect to see him get 2-3 balls in the first drive and make GB honor him. Thats when they get gashed elsewhere.

If they blitz alot they will get burned. If Beasley or anyone can get the ball out of Rodger's hand before 4 seconds consistently we will be fine. My worry is the PI calls our secondary is going to get in this game. And especially late in the game in key situations that extend drives. THAT is what worries me. Panic in our DBs. But really only Adams has the speed to pressure them and make them panic. As I said in an earlier post, a long PI is as good as hitting the deep ball. I also bet we see Beasley attempt to get home early...if he keeps getting stoned like good RTs tend to do with him, I expect to see him drop back more and shadow Rodgers with a delayed pressure. I like Brooks Reed in this game, we will hear his name called out a few times. And Keanu Neal could set the tone early with a few throws over the middle if he plays to the echo of the whistle.

For GB on D, Peppers will be a factor. Cook will be perhaps the 2nd most important Packer behind Rodgers...but if we can get push and they have to keep a TE close that could be neutralized. GB is going to score. We know this. A-A-Ron is going to move the pocket and the changed throwing lanes will challenge our young defense. Enter the Beasley factor.

The Falcons are going to score as well. I just really like the urgency our boys have shown the last few weeks of the season late in games and expect us to be able to gas that defense late in the 3rd quarter and do as we wish. It's cliche but our best Defense will be our offense. ESPECIALLY late. Its the foolishness and nonsense plays that will breath life back into this game.

This is Matt Ryan and the Falcon's Rookie defense coming out party fellas...buckle up and enjoy the show. It's going to be a battle. The MVP vote will be announced in a week or so...Matt will get it and be playing in the SB.

Last edited by GThunter : 01-17-2017 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:43 PM
Antler Addict

Quote:
Maybe Rogers will be off just a liltle. Maybe throw high on some routs and deflect a ball or two. I feel like Seattle D was better than GBs. Even with their safety not playing. I wish we had Trufant and Claiborne playing
GB is 20th in points scored against...Seattle is 3rd.

18.2 vs 24.2 Points per game. We basically dropped 42 on Seattle.

GB gives up 364 yds per game. Seattle 318. We dropped 422 on Seattle.

This game comes down to how many points GB scores against our young D. That simple IMO.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:20 PM
THE PLACE Member

Falcons defer if they win toss. It's what you do. Pretty much tell em screw you. Go ahead and go first. We're gonna score often. Take a lead and then score first Drive in 2nd half and put you away. Beleichik always defers
Old 01-17-2017, 10:36 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
Falcons defer if they win toss. It's what you do. Pretty much tell em screw you. Go ahead and go first. We're gonna score often. Take a lead and then score first Drive in 2nd half and put you away. Beleichik always defers
I'm use to the old Falcons We want the ball because if we don't get a lead early we might fall too far behind

I was just thinking about our personnel.Matt Ryan is the favorite for MVP but just think we have Julio Jones(who may be best WR in the game) Mack who has to be one of the best centers in the NFL. Throw in Coleman and Freeman who are definitely the 2 best rb tandem in the NFL and a couple pretty good TEs and a good offensive line. And they play for the Falcons! Am I dreaming?

And I left out Sanu, and Gabriel. LoL One helluva an offense we have. This is the year

Last edited by Quickdraw : 01-17-2017 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:14 AM
Antler Addict

Quote:
I'm use to the old Falcons We want the ball because if we don't get a lead early we might fall too far behind

I was just thinking about our personnel.Matt Ryan is the favorite for MVP but just think we have Julio Jones(who may be best WR in the game) Mack who has to be one of the best centers in the NFL. Throw in Coleman and Freeman who are definitely the 2 best rb tandem in the NFL and a couple pretty good TEs and a good offensive line. And they play for the Falcons! Am I dreaming?

And I left out Sanu, and Gabriel. LoL One helluva an offense we have. This is the year
Shhhh...Just sit back and enjoy the show. The NFL is so tight at the top between the best teams. These final 3 games could all come down to a single play or kick to determine everyone's fate. There is no denying all 4 teams are good. If this was basketball or baseball, where best 4 out of 7 takes it...none of these last 3 series' would be determined in 4 straight games. THIS is what makes the NFL and its playoffs the best in sports IMO.

Our offensive line is the only one in the NFL that has played together all season.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:12 AM
Antler Addict

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...new-head-coach
Old 01-18-2017, 08:31 AM
THE PLACE Member

He needs to stay in Atl and wait for the right opportunity. He likely will not succeed in San Francisco. But sounds like he is heading to CA in a few weeks. Oh well. Such as life in the NFL
Old 01-18-2017, 10:29 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
Quit the worrying. Coons in a rout.
This^^^^^^^^^

He knows what he's talking about