The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Hunting > Small Game and Feathers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 05-17-2012, 09:38 AM
Gimp's Avatar
Gimp Gimp is offline
Pintail is my best good chum
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Da projects
Posts: 40,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailfeather View Post
Lot of good dove fields up there in the mtns?
it varies.........its usually a pretty decent shoot on the local WMA if you can put up with the idiots that shoot everything that flies over here and we were on a barn burner last year "up in the mountains" unlike any other shoot I have ever been on in my life.

I dont have kids to pick up my birds and really got my dog for that purpose along with being my service companion.

I will not take her to a dove field before she is good and ready though.
__________________
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-17-2012, 09:42 AM
tailfeather's Avatar
tailfeather tailfeather is offline
The dude abides
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cairo
Posts: 10,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryano View Post
it varies.........its usually a pretty decent shoot on the local WMA if you can put up with the idiots that shoot everything that flies over here and we were on a barn burner last year "up in the mountains" unlike any other shoot I have ever been on in my life.

I dont have kids to pick up my birds and really got my dog for that purpose along with being my service companion.

I will not take her to a dove field before she is good and ready though.
Just wondering.....I shot birds one time on a little place just north of Franklin, NC....lot of birds in a little scubby field that didn't look like much at all. Also have killed bunches of birds on WMAs at little water holes in a dry swamp during drought years. Guess what I'm saying is you can prolly find birds to shoot even if there isn't an organized field shoot.

Hell, just shoot em with a pellet gun offf the ground under your bird feeder. She'll get lots of work that way.
__________________
-----------------------------------------------
Love many, Trust few, and always paddle your own canoe. ~Billy Two Rivers
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Gimp's Avatar
Gimp Gimp is offline
Pintail is my best good chum
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Da projects
Posts: 40,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailfeather View Post
Hell, just shoot em with a pellet gun offf the ground under your bird feeder. She'll get lots of work that way.
Funny you said that there were 5 dove on my neighbors birdfeeder when I came out the door this morning.

Usually a group of 20 or so that hangs out in my back yard on the power line
__________________
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Quickdraw's Avatar
Quickdraw Quickdraw is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Milledgeville
Posts: 35,250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailfeather View Post
Lot of good dove fields up there in the mtns?


Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Reynolds,GA
Posts: 3,487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryano View Post
Funny you said that there were 5 dove on my neighbors birdfeeder when I came out the door this morning.

Usually a group of 20 or so that hangs out in my back yard on the power line
I have about 10 ringneck doves hanging around my yard and field, I've been fighting the temptation to blast!
__________________
Don't do dumb s**t!
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Gimp's Avatar
Gimp Gimp is offline
Pintail is my best good chum
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Da projects
Posts: 40,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post




__________________
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-30-2016, 08:18 PM
bouncy bouncy is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssramage View Post
Is anyone here a member of a dove club? I was thinking about trying to find one to join instead of piecing together shoots every weekend, but not sure of any around here or how much a membership like that runs.
Yes, $200. Screven Co. BYOB. Season Long.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 02-02-2016, 01:38 PM
BuckyT's Avatar
BuckyT BuckyT is offline
Super Moderator Supervisor
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newborn
Posts: 20,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
I have about 10 ringneck doves hanging around my yard and field, I've been fighting the temptation to blast!
They aren't protected are they?
__________________
"Human footprints, I find, are always a disappointment in the wilderness, even when they are my own."
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 02-06-2016, 11:58 PM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Reynolds,GA
Posts: 3,487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyT View Post
They aren't protected are they?
Not at all, and how did Bruz's shoot go scramage?
__________________
Don't do dumb s**t!
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02-07-2016, 06:43 AM
Gator's Avatar
Gator Gator is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 20,528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Not at all, and how did Bruz's shoot go scramage?
__________________
❤️'s the only 🏡 big enough for all the pain in the 🌍
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 04-20-2016, 11:26 AM
Gimp's Avatar
Gimp Gimp is offline
Pintail is my best good chum
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Da projects
Posts: 40,792
Default

Can Daisy still pick up a bird?
__________________
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.