The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > Shooting The Bull
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2018, 01:11 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
I think its a joke is what I think. People that should be denied arent getting denied and innocent law abiding citizens are denied or delayed that shouldnt be. Its not consistent at all and its not nationwide. I got DENIED here in Ga every time I tried to buy a new gun from a dealer all because some dumbass "with a like name" got busted for misdemeanor pot possession in Cobb county 15 years ago. Ive NEVER been arrested. I had to actually send in my fingerprints and get a UPIN from the DOJ to keep this from happening. Meanwhile, I could go to TN and walk out with a AR15 in minutes. I actually did just that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncy View Post
I'm not bent........

I know my buddy could not buy a couple of shotguns and has a clean record.......no reason was given why he could not buy them.....just denied.

I ended up buying them for him.......
So then you guys agree we need a better background system

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Old 03-01-2018, 01:20 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
You guys seriously think our background check system is a good one? Serious question,, don't get all bent ..
I've bought a couple guns recently and I know what box's to check and which not to.. and it takes all of 2 minutes to get "approved"
I also know which boxes to check and which not to...but that's because I am a legal gun owner.

Just to clarify your point though...

"Background checks are no good because I could easily lie on one." (a federal offense)

"Let's make more laws to prevent people that cannot legally own guns from getting them." (also currently a federal crime)

The answer is not more laws. I'll be honest, I really don't know the answer. At the end of the day though, criminals will get guns one way or another. The only thing that more gun laws does is makes it harder for law-abiding citizens to arm themselves.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:28 PM
Pintail is my best good chum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssramage View Post
The only thing that more gun laws does is makes it harder for law-abiding citizens to arm themselves.
Which is exactly what our establishment government wants and are striving for.
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Old 03-01-2018, 05:33 PM
Mean muggin

Here's my deal. Do I have an AR? Yes. Do I have a high cap pistol or 2? Yep. Do I really keep or can I get by without em? I definitely could if the bad guys didn't have em. I'm not "into" assault weapons or semi pistols, don't go out and shoot a bunch. But it's a means to an end. They'll start there, then it'll be semi auto shotguns, then pumps. If parents would raise their kids right and the Justice system would be more swift and capital, I bet there would be a huge move in the right direction. In this day and age, there's no accountability for idiot kids, idiot parents, or idiot judicial officers who refuse to do the right things.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:04 PM
The ****in Slipknot \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
Here's my deal. Do I have an AR? Yes. Do I have a high cap pistol or 2? Yep. Do I really keep or can I get by without em? I definitely could if the bad guys didn't have em. I'm not "into" assault weapons or semi pistols, don't go out and shoot a bunch. But it's a means to an end. They'll start there, then it'll be semi auto shotguns, then pumps. If parents would raise their kids right and the Justice system would be more swift and capital, I bet there would be a huge move in the right direction. In this day and age, there's no accountability for idiot kids, idiot parents, or idiot judicial officers who refuse to do the right things.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:17 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
If parents would raise their kids right and the Justice system would be more swift and capital, I bet there would be a huge move in the right direction. In this day and age, there's no accountability for idiot kids, idiot parents, or idiot judicial officers who refuse to do the right things.
This is the problem, bust little Johnny's ass when he needs it and if the parents need it, bust their ass too.

Teach kids about winning and LOSING, teach them about success and FAILURE, I do not know a single person that has lived their life with all wins and no losses.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:42 PM
Mean muggin

Man theses kids are all entitled now. Hs baseball coach I was talking to last weekend said kids who play for him want him to contact big D1 schools all the time, to put his rep on the line and bring the college coach up to watch a kid who barely made the team. Then get mad and pout when he tells them they're lucky to be on his HS team. They all feel like they are entitled to stuff like this.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:47 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Man theses kids are all entitled now. Hs baseball coach I was talking to last weekend said kids who play for him want him to contact big D1 schools all the time, to put his rep on the line and bring the college coach up to watch a kid who barely made the team. Then get mad and pout when he tells them they're lucky to be on his HS team. They all feel like they are entitled to stuff like this.
Cause Mom and Dad spend a fortune making sure he is playing on a "travel" team and then blowing so much smoke up his ass that he thinks he is the best on the team.

I don't blame the kids as much as the parents for teaching the kid how to be a douchebag.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Mean muggin

Yeah that was kinda what I was eluding to.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:58 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Probably couldnít have said it better Jb. Cept I donít own an AR.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:42 PM
THE PLACE Member

I own an ar or two and a couple of 15+ round capacity pistols because I can and I love to shoot. I shouldn't need any other reason than that. I passed a back ground check to get my carry permit and that's all I should have to do to buy any gun I want. I'm a law abiding citizen and I pay taxes. Enough said. You can't tell some jackass that doesn't think clearly about any of this any differently. I've lost lots of respect with lots of folks over this debate. Non of my guns have ever hurt anyone. It's the messed up individuals that cause the harm. And if you think a stricter back ground check will keep these guns out of these F'd up peoples hands your just as F'd up as they are. They'll get it one way or the other if they want it.

Last edited by ADDICTED2HUNTIN : 03-01-2018 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:02 PM
THE PLACE Member

The only people that I feel like should be restricted are people with a confirmed mental illness (schizophrenic, manic, etc) and those convicted of harsh felonies that are still on probation or parole.

I'm sure yall will think I am crazy, but I also think that once a convicted criminal has served his sentence and is no longer on parole nor on probation, that they should have a fairly easy path to regaining their right to possess a weapon.

I have a good friend of mine that years ago got involved in the meth culture and was busted on a felony possession with intent to distribute. He served a few months in prison, paid off his fines, and completed his parole. This was all completed several years back. Since then, he has gotten married, had a son, worked 2 jobs every day and last year year, him and another of my buddies (as straight laced as they come) started a mosquito spraying business that has really taken off, so he is now a self employed so-owner of a business.

But, he is still not allowed to own a gun nor vote.

A non-violent felony should not impact a man's life forever
Old 03-01-2018, 09:15 PM
iHonk

I don’t own any guns. Especially Automatic Rifle 15’s.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:18 PM
THE PLACE Member

I think there is a process your bud can go through to get his voting and gun owning rights back even with the felony conviction. As long as the conviction wasn't for violent crimes
Old 03-01-2018, 09:27 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Broke View Post
I think there is a process your bud can go through to get his voting and gun owning rights back even with the felony conviction. As long as the conviction wasn't for violent crimes
Got a friend who got busted in the Army for drugs... back in the late 70's... did 2 years in a military jail... He's 60ish now and he's a very well established business owner in the legal filed.. he has petitioned several times to get his rights back and has been denied every time

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL