The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Outdoors > Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2008, 12:38 PM
THE PLACE Member

Default Heading out in the next few

Me and my oldest are heading out after some elusive sheepsheads in a few minutes hopefully the wind wont be bad and the fish will be hungry. I'll post some pics when I get back if I get anything to show for. Y'all have fun and don't let QB hold the raines he will screw something up for sure.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:42 PM
THE PLACE Member

post us up some pix , man I love eatin' them ...

just as much fun catchin' em .....

good luck , hope ya'll catch a mess ....
Old 02-19-2008, 01:07 PM
THE PLACE Member

Good Luck, Dennis, hope the wind cooperates with ya'll.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Don't Ban Me AGAIN Bro!!!

Looking forward to some pics!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Dawn2Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
its too windy here to get out on a boat stump. be careful.
I was thinking the same thing. Could probably put a sailboat on plane today...
Old 02-19-2008, 07:41 PM
THE PLACE Member

Well we had a great time missed a pile of them rascals but kept 8..... 3 were from 3-5lbs and will be great tomorrow on the grill. We ran out of bait and left them biting I will be going back friday to get some more along with some whitting and drum if the weather holds out. It was windy today but not bad where we fish the mill had the wind blocked. Here are a couple of pics you can't really tell how big the fish are in the pics also my son was trying to sleep while holding the two up. LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sheepsheads.jpg (151.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg sheeps.jpg (203.0 KB, 29 views)
Old 02-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Pintail is my best good chum

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpman View Post
Well we had a great time missed a pile of them rascals but kept 8..... 3 were from 3-5lbs and will be great tomorrow on the grill. We ran out of bait and left them biting I will be going back friday to get some more along with some whitting and drum if the weather holds out. It was windy today but not bad where we fish the mill had the wind blocked. Here are a couple of pics you can't really tell how big the fish are in the pics also my son was trying to sleep while holding the two up. LOL
good job guys!

great pics
Old 02-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Chasin' A Swamp Chicken

good job stump
them convicts will steal ya' blind if you don't keep your line tight
Old 02-19-2008, 08:06 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larpyn View Post
good job stump
them convicts will steal ya' blind if you don't keep your line tight
Even with the line tight LOL I tried circle hooks on them today it worked on one but cost me plenty of bait on the rest I switched back. My boy left the new pack of hooks we had just bought on the back of the boat when he put the fiddlers in the boat so we had to scrounge whitting hooks and whatever we had in the box and boat LOL.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Chasin' A Swamp Chicken

Quote:
Even with the line tight LOL I tried circle hooks on them today it worked on one but cost me plenty of bait on the rest I switched back. My boy left the new pack of hooks we had just bought on the back of the boat when he put the fiddlers in the boat so we had to scrounge whitting hooks and whatever we had in the box and boat LOL.
rutt rohh on the hooks. i always use the 4x strong short shank fiddler hooks.
is what you use too? my dad taught me to use them before i could walk. i have never caught a sheepie on anything else except by accident.
we always left the house with cane poles hanging out of the back of the truck. first stop was at thrifty b&t for hooks and weights. then out to whiteshell fish camp for fiddlers. next stop, rock hoppin' at the jetties. fiddlers in a milk jug tied to my belt loop and a croaker sack rolled up and tied to my belt.

i used to get skinned up pretty bad out there sometimes. we always caught a lot of sheepies though. now i use a boat. it is a lot safer
Old 02-19-2008, 09:04 PM
I want to hunt!

Quote:
Me and my oldest are heading out after some elusive sheepsheads in a few minutes hopefully the wind wont be bad and the fish will be hungry. I'll post some pics when I get back if I get anything to show for. Y'all have fun and don't let QB hold the raines he will screw something up for sure.
I knew I should have called you! I am about 20 miles or so south of you stuck in a hotel room! I would have called in sick this afternoon or better yet just not showed up any where after lunch! I have made my rounds to Dick's and Gander Mountain, looking and dreaming!

Looks like ya'll did pretty good!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:10 PM
THE PLACE Member

Nice ones,Stump!Lot's of great fillets there.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:11 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larpyn View Post
rutt rohh on the hooks. i always use the 4x strong short shank fiddler hooks.
is what you use too? my dad taught me to use them before i could walk. i have never caught a sheepie on anything else except by accident.
we always left the house with cane poles hanging out of the back of the truck. first stop was at thrifty b&t for hooks and weights. then out to whiteshell fish camp for fiddlers. next stop, rock hoppin' at the jetties. fiddlers in a milk jug tied to my belt loop and a croaker sack rolled up and tied to my belt.

i used to get skinned up pretty bad out there sometimes. we always caught a lot of sheepies though. now i use a boat. it is a lot safer
That's what we NORMALY use LOL We had just bought a new pack at the bait store but like several pairs of expensive sun glasses they got left laying on the back of the boat. LOL I like the smaller sized 4x hooks though. Another thing he forgot ws my fiddler bucket he left them in his boat so we were digging them out of a plastic bag all afternoon. LOL
Old 02-19-2008, 10:13 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsman.45 View Post
I knew I should have called you! I am about 20 miles or so south of you stuck in a hotel room! I would have called in sick this afternoon or better yet just not showed up any where after lunch! I have made my rounds to Dick's and Gander Mountain, looking and dreaming!

Looks like ya'll did pretty good!
If your stil in town tomorrow and have time call me I'm going to grill the fish your welcome to stop by for some supper. If you need my number again pm me.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:14 PM
SOS shooter

good eatin fish right there