The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > The Sports Page
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2018, 01:31 PM
THE PLACE Member

Default 2018 Falcons

Well........another crappy year filled with disappointment....go team go!
Old 05-03-2018, 09:16 PM
Cheese

Bucs addressed a lot of their needs through free agency and the draft. Maybe they can put it together this year.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:57 PM
Dammit Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampaspicer View Post
Bucs addressed a lot of their needs through free agency and the draft. Maybe they can put it together this year.
Doubt it
Old 05-04-2018, 09:10 PM
Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
Doubt it
Watch it Fatty.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:36 PM
THE PLACE Member

Falcons spent $100 million on Matty Ice. Unreal
Old 05-06-2018, 03:54 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
Falcons spent $100 million on Matty Ice. Unreal
Wow. Bet he chokes. I'll bet you 10 million he sucks this year.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:59 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncy View Post
Wow. Bet he chokes. I'll bet you 10 million he sucks this year.
Contract is actually 150 million. My bad. I agree he has the money now. We have already seen the best Matt Ryan. Will be downhill from here
Old 05-07-2018, 10:08 PM
Cheese

These NFL qb's are getting way to much money IMO. If the salary cap per team isn't raised soon it's going to be hard to pay a good qb and a few other good players. Matt Ryan's salary is almost 17% of the team's salary cap.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:15 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
These NFL qb's are getting way to much money IMO. If the salary cap per team isn't raised soon it's going to be hard to pay a good qb and a few other good players. Matt Ryan's salary is almost 17% of the team's salary cap.
Exactly. And we still have to pay Julio and he will be wanting that kind of money when his contract comes due
Old 08-31-2018, 10:20 AM
THE PLACE Member

Bump for the Falcons..........
Old 08-31-2018, 08:53 PM
Cheese

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EFFFFFFFFFFFFFF the Falgoons.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:23 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EFFFFFFFFFFFFFF the Falgoons.
I haven't been able to see a Buc's game yet.. how they lookin?

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Old 09-04-2018, 10:23 PM
Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
All 3 QBs looked great. None of them through an interception in preseason and had very good qbr. The receiving core (TE included) are the best I've ever seen from a Bucs team and very well could end up being the best in the league this year. RB position is not that deep. The 1st string OL looks decent but has been banged up most of preseason. The DL has improved but that's not saying much considering they were the worst in the NFL last season. The Bucs did address the DL in FA and through the draft (1st round pic Vita Vea has been hurt all of training camp and preseason and isn't expected to play for another few weeks). Bucs are deep at LB( strength of the defense) . The additions to the DB through the draft looks like it's going to pay off if they play like they did in the preseason. The Bucs depth compared to last season has improved a lot. Dirk Koetter didn't call pays in preseason and it showed because the offense looked great. I hope Dirk continues to let Todd Monken call plays in the regular season like he did in preseason. My biggest concern is if Mike Smith continues to make the DBs play off coverage for 6-8 yards. The Bucs have some corners now that can play press and Mike Smith might efffff up the Bucs whole season. The Bucs have a tuff schedule this season but so does the rest of the NFC South.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:48 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
Quote:
All 3 QBs looked great. None of them through an interception in preseason and had very good qbr. The receiving core (TE included) are the best I've ever seen from a Bucs team and very well could end up being the best in the league this year. RB position is not that deep. The 1st string OL looks decent but has been banged up most of preseason. The DL has improved but that's not saying much considering they were the worst in the NFL last season. The Bucs did address the DL in FA and through the draft (1st round pic Vita Vea has been hurt all of training camp and preseason and isn't expected to play for another few weeks). Bucs are deep at LB( strength of the defense) . The additions to the DB through the draft looks like it's going to pay off if they play like they did in the preseason. The Bucs depth compared to last season has improved a lot. Dirk Koetter didn't call pays in preseason and it showed because the offense looked great. I hope Dirk continues to let Todd Monken call plays in the regular season like he did in preseason. My biggest concern is if Mike Smith continues to make the DBs play off coverage for 6-8 yards. The Bucs have some corners now that can play press and Mike Smith might efffff up the Bucs whole season. The Bucs have a tuff schedule this season but so does the rest of the NFC South.

The only NFL team in Florida are the Dolphins........the rest suck..........get your own thread......where are the Mods around this place?
Old 09-05-2018, 08:26 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Thanks Scott, Great review.. Kim and I Might try to make it down for the Buc's vs Browns game Oct 21st.

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL