The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > The Sports Page
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2018, 08:19 AM
Pintail is my best good chum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssramage View Post
I wonder how much Saban paid for those two calls?
Oh for f*cks sake Take the loss like a man instead of making excuses. Blame it on the refs all you want to but I saw a lot of missed calls on both sides. Fact is, yall got beat by the best to ever coach the game. Yall had it in the bag and gave it away. Just like the Falcons. It takes all 4 quarters and yall played a shitty second half. Do that against Bama and this is the end result. Experience wins over every time. You could certainly tell in the second half which team has been there many times and which one hasnt.
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,

Last edited by Gimp : 01-09-2018 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:25 AM
THE PLACE Member

That was a lot of football to decide 2nd and 3rd place... UCF NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!!

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Old 01-09-2018, 08:36 AM
THE PLACE Member

Bad calls aside, I thought our play calling was horrendous towards the end of the game. I thought we tried to force the run up the middle way too many times with the same pitiful results. We also got away from passing on 3rd down, when it had been incredibly productive in the first half. And don't even mention the 2 wild Dawg plays in that one possesion. No way we shouldn't have been able to get a first down on that drive and eat more time off the clock.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:44 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
Oh for f*cks sake Take the loss like a man instead of making excuses. Blame it on the refs all you want to but I saw a lot of missed calls on both sides. Fact is, yall got beat by the best to ever coach the game. Yall had it in the bag and gave it away. Just like the Falcons. It takes all 4 quarters and yall played a shitty second half. Do that against Bama and this is the end result. Experience wins over every time. You could certainly tell in the second half which team has been there many times and which one hasnt.
I said that tongue in cheek...I don't really think that Saban paid the refs off.

BUT the fact is, had that punt block been called correctly, there is a strong possibility that there would have been at least 3 more points on the board. Add to that, several missed 15 yd penalties on critical plays and it very well could have been a different ball game.

I'm not making excuses. We lost. But it wasn't for lack of effort and it wasn't for lack of coaching. Bama had a handful of clutch plays, UGA outplayed them for 80% of that game.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:56 AM
THE PLACE Member

Hats off to the Bammers. That's all you can say. We gots beat.

To pull Hurts and throw the young guy in, that was an amazing coaching decision. The kid did an unbelievable job. Seems like a great person as well. As Blaine said, Hurts is a team player also.

I can't dog the play calling. We were up, trying to pound it and wear them down with the run. I get that. Only thing I would have done different is bring the house at the rookie QB. 1st game, Nat. Championship. I would have tried to rattle him more than we did.

Great season and enjoyed following them.

Go Dawgs!!!
Old 01-09-2018, 09:06 AM
THE PLACE Member

Georgia chokes! That's what we do!

It sucks....but at least we are good at something........perhaps the best there ever was.....
Old 01-09-2018, 09:10 AM
Just gettin by

Just glad to see the Big10 make it to the National Championship Game........not one team but the refs were from the Big10 Hats off to Saban for putting that freshman in.....kid made a hell of a throw considering he was playing high school ball last year.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:43 AM
I'd rather be hunting

It was fun. I have probably watched more football this year than ever before. I still can't get caught up in a game played by kids at a school that I didn't attend. A game in which the outcome has no real emphasis on my life.

With that said, holy cow what a season and what a game. I think the pivotal point late in the game was when pineapple Hawaii guy got to run around the pocket for 2 minutes and convert on a 3rd and long. I think Duff is pretty well spot on and that's saying something because Randall's an idiot.

The one thing that does get under my skin concerning college football is people that go looking for an argument and trolling just to get a reaction. The second thing that bothers me concerning college football is the bromance ESPN had with Alabama. Jesus, Mary and Joseph we get it! To hear them talk about the Tide, it amazes me that any opponent has scored on them since 1996!

Go Dawgs! Cute kids! Dandy buck
Old 01-09-2018, 11:53 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Farr View Post
It was fun. I have probably watched more football this year than ever before. I still can't get caught up in a game played by kids at a school that I didn't attend. A game in which the outcome has no real emphasis on my life.

With that said, holy cow what a season and what a game. I think the pivotal point late in the game was when pineapple Hawaii guy got to run around the pocket for 2 minutes and convert on a 3rd and long. I think Duff is pretty well spot on and that's saying something because Randall's an idiot.

The one thing that does get under my skin concerning college football is people that go looking for an argument and trolling just to get a reaction. The second thing that bothers me concerning college football is the bromance ESPN had with Alabama. Jesus, Mary and Joseph we get it! To hear them talk about the Tide, it amazes me that any opponent has scored on them since 1996!

Go Dawgs! Cute kids! Dandy buck

Listen douche bag, one more comment like that and you will feel the wrath. They won't be no kissing and making up like jb and poo poo
Old 01-09-2018, 11:56 AM
THE PLACE Member

I’m with you Steven. I don’t watch any sports to be honest. I went to jiu jitsu and got home for last part of 2nd quarter. I could care less but it was a good game and the wife and kids eat it up so I halfway watched. The freshman QB for Alabama made a hell of a throw and I was impressed by his interview. Seems like a decent kid.

I missed whoever supposedly swung on a coach. Hopefully he’s off the tram or being made to pay the piper for that stunt. Not my problem though.

This year is the most football I’ve watched too. Almost half a UGA game and I took the fam to a Falcons game. I think that’s the first pro game I’ve watched in 20+ years. I usually don’t watch any of the super bowl either lol.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:26 PM
I'd rather be hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
Listen douche bag, one more comment like that and you will feel the wrath. They won't be no kissing and making up like jb and poo poo
That's it. You are blackballed. I am calling a meeting at the secret conclave to discuss your future involvement.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:08 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Farr View Post
That's it. You are blackballed. I am calling a meeting at the secret conclave to discuss your future involvement.
When and what time are we meeting?

Old 01-09-2018, 02:27 PM
The ****in Slipknot \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncy View Post
When and what time are we meeting?

Unicoi state park. Saturday. I bet he won't show up.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:21 PM
Dammit Bobby

Bama made the moves and plays they needed to make to win. Congrats to them

With that said, yeah there were some missed calls, but there was still a lot of football to play and plays to make. Bama made them the Dawgs didn't.

As for play calling, I believe that just like in the Super Bowl, they went away from what was working and played to not lose instead of playing to win. Offense got too conservative and tried to hard to exert dominance up the middle (which doesn't usually work against Bama) and had too many 3 and outs causing the defense to get gassed. Also, by giving up on the pass and running, you killed Fromm's rhythm. Best way to win is to keep putting points on the board. They can't beat you if they can't catch you and outscore you.

The young Bama QB is a hell of a player, plus he was fresh from not being beaten on all year and not playing the first half. That helped him when scrambling and running. I would have liked to see more pressure on him, but you run the risk of giving up big plays if you send the farm after him and leave the receivers in single coverage, still I would have liked to see a few more well times stunts.

Hurts is a team player and was happy to see him be the first off the bench to congratulate the freshman QB.

The freshman running back they brought in was a stud and momentum changer as well.

#48 would have been in the locker room in street clothes if I was the coach. Swing at a coach and you are done for the night, possibly forever, or until I have run you until you collapse.

Nobody expected the Dawgsd to be there this year, so hopefully that signals good things to come. But you have to face the fact that more often than not, you have to beat Bama to win a National Championship.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:35 PM
Dammit Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssramage View Post
I said that tongue in cheek...I don't really think that Saban paid the refs off.

BUT the fact is, had that punt block been called correctly, there is a strong possibility that there would have been at least 3 more points on the board. Add to that, several missed 15 yd penalties on critical plays and it very well could have been a different ball game.

I'm not making excuses. We lost. But it wasn't for lack of effort and it wasn't for lack of coaching. Bama had a handful of clutch plays, UGA outplayed them for 80% of that game.
The blocked punt would not have been a blocked punt if called correctly. It would have been a dead ball penalty against Bama which backs them up five instead of giving them 5 yards, so unless we break a return it is a 10 yard difference on the play.