The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > Political Debate and Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 04-24-2017, 01:08 PM
bouncy bouncy is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by special_k View Post
I like him.....but he can't beat Hillary....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixes View Post
You better start price checking moving expenses.


I hope I'm wrong, but there are lots of liberals throughout the country that want her in office.

I've said it for several years, unless Republicans can bring an underpriviledged , barely to the right candidate and get them in the limelight for more than a few weeks before the election, they will never win.

And even with that situation, a lot of die hard right wingers will be dumbasses and vote for a 3rd party candidate just to prove a point that we need a 3rd party (which is never gooing to happen) and in turn give the election to the Democrats.

The only shot Rep. have is to run a candidate like I mentioned and have him stay away from abortion, religious and corporate issues.

And in reality, the candidate needs to have a vagina or at least run a female for VP.

I've not lost all hope, but it is certainly circling the drain. The next election cycle will either give us a chance or decimate what is left.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-01-2018, 09:39 AM
Flat Broke Flat Broke is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,075
Default

Trump is favoring gun control now and doing away with due process.

I notice you fellers are very quiet about our President.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-01-2018, 10:44 AM
Gimp's Avatar
Gimp Gimp is offline
Pintail is my best good chum
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Da projects
Posts: 40,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Broke View Post
Trump is favoring gun control now and doing away with due process.

I notice you fellers are very quiet about our President.
Only because we fellars dont sog this forum down with political bullshit anymore. Most of us get more than our fill of that on Facespace now. I will wait and see how this all plays out before I jump on the "Trump is just another Statist that wants our guns" train like most others already have.

Its nothing but a head fake. He is setting all this up for failure and playing the Left like the dingbats they are. Weve seen him at this game before but suddenly because its an issue we all hold dearly, he is a turncoat.

I still dont regret my vote.
__________________
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,

Last edited by Gimp : 03-01-2018 at 10:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-01-2018, 10:56 AM
Gimp's Avatar
Gimp Gimp is offline
Pintail is my best good chum
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Da projects
Posts: 40,977
Default

And I will also say this at the risk at getting tarred and feathered and hated the rest of my life. Not willing to compromise at all, will eventually wind up costing us everything. You read it here first. And that is in no way to be misconstrued as me wanting to compromise when it comes to the 2A. Its just an opinion.
__________________
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-01-2018, 11:25 AM
bouncy bouncy is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Broke View Post
Trump is favoring gun control now and doing away with due process.

I notice you fellers are very quiet about our President.
Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know.......

Still better than Hillary or any Democrat....

I will never agree 100% with any president........I liked some of the things Obama did.........and hated some of the things......

I like some things Trump is doing and hate other things.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-01-2018, 11:33 AM
Gimp's Avatar
Gimp Gimp is offline
Pintail is my best good chum
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Da projects
Posts: 40,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncy View Post
Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know.......

Still better than Hillary or any Democrat....

I will never agree 100% with any president........I liked some of the things Obama did.........and hated some of the things......

I like some things Trump is doing and hate other things.
__________________
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-01-2018, 11:52 AM
Gator's Avatar
Gator Gator is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 20,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post


Only because we fellars dont sog this forum down with political bullshit anymore. Most of us get more than our fill of that on Facespace now. I will wait and see how this all plays out before I jump on the "Trump is just another Statist that wants our guns" train like most others already have.

Its nothing but a head fake. He is setting all this up for failure and playing the Left like the dingbats they are. Weve seen him at this game before but suddenly because its an issue we all hold dearly, he is a turncoat.

I still dont regret my vote.
This /\
__________________
❤️'s the only 🏡 big enough for all the pain in the 🌍
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-01-2018, 02:38 PM
howl's Avatar
howl howl is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 117
Default

Didn't vote for him. Ain't surprised. D & R are two sides of the same coin.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-01-2018, 02:54 PM
Duff's Avatar
Duff Duff is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
And I will also say this at the risk at getting tarred and feathered and hated the rest of my life. Not willing to compromise at all, will eventually wind up costing us everything. You read it here first. And that is in no way to be misconstrued as me wanting to compromise when it comes to the 2A. Its just an opinion.
Probably will lose it all anyway. Might as well go down fighting
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-01-2018, 02:59 PM
bouncy bouncy is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
And I will also say this at the risk at getting tarred and feathered and hated the rest of my life. Not willing to compromise at all, will eventually wind up costing us everything. You read it here first. And that is in no way to be misconstrued as me wanting to compromise when it comes to the 2A. Its just an opinion.
Only after a civil war.....which is not going to happen.

No way they will get rid of the Second Amendment....

Not gonna happen.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 03-01-2018, 03:10 PM
Just 1 More's Avatar
Just 1 More Just 1 More is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Frozen tundra
Posts: 22,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncy View Post
Only after a civil war.....which is not going to happen.

No way they will get rid of the Second Amendment....

Not gonna happen.
__________________
I'm just like you... only prettier

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 03-01-2018, 03:12 PM
BuckyT's Avatar
BuckyT BuckyT is offline
Super Moderator Supervisor
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newborn
Posts: 20,419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post


Only because we fellars dont sog this forum down with political bullshit anymore. Most of us get more than our fill of that on Facespace now. I will wait and see how this all plays out before I jump on the "Trump is just another Statist that wants our guns" train like most others already have.

Its nothing but a head fake. He is setting all this up for failure and playing the Left like the dingbats they are. Weve seen him at this game before but suddenly because its an issue we all hold dearly, he is a turncoat.

I still dont regret my vote.
Yep.
__________________
"Human footprints, I find, are always a disappointment in the wilderness, even when they are my own."
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 03-02-2018, 11:40 AM
bouncy bouncy is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,749
Default

Maga!
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 03-05-2018, 08:08 AM
Timber Cruiser Timber Cruiser is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,879
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
And I will also say this at the risk at getting tarred and feathered and hated the rest of my life. Not willing to compromise at all, will eventually wind up costing us everything. You read it here first. And that is in no way to be misconstrued as me wanting to compromise when it comes to the 2A. Its just an opinion.
Ryan, we've shaken hands before and I will never hate you brother but I'm seeing more and more of this attitude from some of my closest and most like-minded friends and it scares the ever loving shit out of me. Good ole boys, combat veterans and even immediate family. I feel real alone in my views lately so I'm gonna spew my two cents for anyone whose interested. YOU CANNOT COMPROMISE, EVEN SLIGHTLY, WHEN DEALING WITH THE LEFT. Same goes for minorities. If you give them the tiniest gift, the smallest corner to peel, they will pick and pull and scrape until the slate is completely clean for them to rebuild as they see fit. We have them down right now and we need to stand on their necks for as long as we can. I'll be the first to admit that there is no good reason for civilians to be able to get their hands on bump stocks BUT, if you strip us of our right to buy them, next will be high capacity magazines followed by "black guns" or "assault type rifles" and then semi autos and then handguns and so on and so on. Heed these words. If we give them an inch, they WILL take a mile. You heard it here first.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 03-05-2018, 08:37 AM
Gimp's Avatar
Gimp Gimp is offline
Pintail is my best good chum
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Da projects
Posts: 40,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Cruiser View Post
Ryan, we've shaken hands before and I will never hate you brother but I'm seeing more and more of this attitude from some of my closest and most like-minded friends and it scares the ever loving shit out of me. Good ole boys, combat veterans and even immediate family. I feel real alone in my views lately so I'm gonna spew my two cents for anyone whose interested. YOU CANNOT COMPROMISE, EVEN SLIGHTLY, WHEN DEALING WITH THE LEFT. Same goes for minorities. If you give them the tiniest gift, the smallest corner to peel, they will pick and pull and scrape until the slate is completely clean for them to rebuild as they see fit. We have them down right now and we need to stand on their necks for as long as we can. I'll be the first to admit that there is no good reason for civilians to be able to get their hands on bump stocks BUT, if you strip us of our right to buy them, next will be high capacity magazines followed by "black guns" or "assault type rifles" and then semi autos and then handguns and so on and so on. Heed these words. If we give them an inch, they WILL take a mile. You heard it here first.
I wholeheartedly agree with EVERYTHING you said TC and then before you know, a 30/30 and granpas old single shot 16 gauge is all we will have to hunt with. Again, that was in no way saying I think we should compromise anything. One day though, if we live long enough to see it, we WILL have to fight for it. These new generations of Socialistic turds coming up will be voting soon. I imagine within 25 years, our Constitution wont even be in History books much less what this country was founded and lives by. I dont want to live to see those days.
__________________
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,

Last edited by Gimp : 03-05-2018 at 11:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.