The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Hunting > Hunters Journal
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2014, 05:53 AM
Mean muggin

Ok sorry, it just came off to everybody but you and Perkins that way.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:13 PM
THE PLACE Member

Perkins killed a Monsta buck in Wilkinson County Sat afternoon. 140 class
Old 12-20-2014, 05:49 PM
THE PLACE Member

Have not been in weeks. Been checking cams weekly and just don't have any bucks that need killing this year. Got plenty of does though and plan on getting one Mon or Tues for some sausage
Old 01-01-2015, 09:15 PM
THE PLACE Member

I saw 3 bucks this eve. A 9pt and 8 pt. 8 was maybe 100 class. I was tempted as I had him at 8 yds but I just watched and thanked the lord for being able to enjoy his creation. Maybe next season
Old 09-16-2015, 11:08 PM
THE PLACE Member

On some good bucks. Lots of cams are scouting for me. Planning to move in Sat and pull my first hunt after the 12 pt. I'm finally getting pumped with this cool weather and daytime buck pics
Old 09-18-2015, 07:05 PM
THE PLACE Member

Well good luck quickie, but it is suppost to be 90 down there right? I have to work in the morning til noon or so. I will have to find a new spot, they open the freaking gate on my mountain oak stand, I seen 3 in the one hunt and killed the doe, and seen a good buck. I was wanting to hunt it 2 or 3 more times, but I was right on the road they opened. So now I will head 10 min. North, I might just scout sat after work. I am going to check some deer and bear tomorrow and see what I can find. Hope you get the 12 , lay in there
Old 09-18-2015, 09:58 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngabowhunter View Post
Well good luck quickie, but it is suppost to be 90 down there right? I have to work in the morning til noon or so. I will have to find a new spot, they open the freaking gate on my mountain oak stand, I seen 3 in the one hunt and killed the doe, and seen a good buck. I was wanting to hunt it 2 or 3 more times, but I was right on the road they opened. So now I will head 10 min. North, I might just scout sat after work. I am going to check some deer and bear tomorrow and see what I can find. Hope you get the 12 , lay in there
Good Luck Randy! Im going to check my cams tomorrow and plan a current strategy. I got 3 cams on different trails leading to the bucks privet bedding area. Things change fast now and I want to make sure when I go in that I'm in the most likely spot to intercept him. Got to make that first hunt count this time of year
Old 09-26-2015, 03:38 PM
THE PLACE Member

9/26 am hunt. Get to my suburban tract for first hunt of the season and couldn't even get past the gate. Loggers had blocked the rd with all there heavy equipment😡No way to get to my spot so I leave and head to cabin to hunt a good 9pt I'm getting pics of. Get almost to my tree to climb and straps on stand have evidently rotted and stand crashes to ground.😂 I sat until 10 and saw some record class grey squirrels. That is all
Old 10-04-2015, 09:14 PM
THE PLACE Member

10/4pm hunt. I have 2 stands hung on trails the 12 pt is using. I hunted set 2 and saw 5 does and decided I'd pull my card at dark at stand 1 on walk out. Apparently the 12 and another buck were by my stand at the moment I walked in there to get my card. Ughhhhh I get home and at 745pm today a buck was standing in front of my cam and the 12 pt was trotting off I will post a pic tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:27 PM
THE PLACE Member

Hunted this evening on trails coming out of privet bedding area where I have some pic of the 12 pt. Saw 0. It's a hit or miss spot but maybe I will catch one going to bed in the am. Then going to pull some SD card and do some scouting. Now is when I hate not having some white oaks to hunt on this tract
Old 10-17-2015, 12:00 PM
THE PLACE Member

10/17. Didn't see a deer until 920. Had 3 bucks come down the logging Rd behind me. All looked to be 2 or 3 yr olds. One broke off from the group and came it to eat water oak acorns. Just not quite old or big enough. Saw a doe and a fawn about 945
Old 10-17-2015, 08:01 PM
THE PLACE Member

10/17 eve. Hunted scrapes around water oaks. Couldnt find a tree big enough to climb any closer than 40 yds from the scrapes. Doe feeds under oaks at 6pm. I here a few grunts and the doe takes off into the privet. A nice buck goes right to the scrape and works it. Had a lane to him at 40 yds but was unsure it he was the 12 or not. Looked 2.5 or3.5 but I could be wrong. My cam was on it so we will know the next time I pull the card
Old 10-24-2015, 03:51 PM
THE PLACE Member

10/24 Passed up a pretty good 9 pt this am. Came in on a scrape line. Also saw a spike about 930. Bucks are pushing around the does. Lots of cam pics are of does running off with bucks behind them
Old 10-25-2015, 12:18 PM
THE PLACE Member

10/25 am real slow this am. Had a young buck cruise thru early and then a doe about 830. That was it
Old 10-29-2015, 08:40 PM
THE PLACE Member

10/29 eve hunt. Hunted foodplot in Hancock. Seen nothing spooked 1 on way out. Put my friend on powerline. He saw 6. 4 does a spike and saw a really nice buck chase a doe across powerline about 350 yds away. Learned one thing this eve. I got to get in my acorn bottom stands as my plot was 6 inchs high