The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > Shooting The Bull
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2018, 10:29 PM
THE PLACE Member

Default School Shooting

The school shooting this week in Parkland happened
20 mins from me. Iím down in Ft Lauderdale at a meeting this week. What a terrible ordeal. I feel for all those parents who lost a child
Old 02-16-2018, 10:51 AM
THE PLACE Member

Absolutely horrible... I couldn't begin to imagine the pain of losing a child. The shooter had very obvious issues known to a lot of people. Apparently none that anyone could act on except to draw him in to a white supremacist group. Sad thing is, I know a family with a son kind of similar,,, been in a lot of trouble with anger and discipline issues,, Cops have had to remove him from the house a few times.. And when they say to seek help, this family has done all they can and are now tens of thousands of dollars in debt for medical bills, mental evaluations, multiple stays in a mental hospital.. there is no "free" help.. unless you're rich, there is nothing that can or will be done to help, and if you do, you won't be rich no more. There is no true government program for these disturbed kids. And IMO that is where the issue is.. Your AR's, AK's and high cap mags are coming under attack again.. and the true answer, the real answer,, Give these kids and families the help, the counselling, the guidance they need.. That crazy bastard was going to kill people with sticks and stones if he had to. The signs were there

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Old 02-16-2018, 10:06 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
Absolutely horrible... I couldn't begin to imagine the pain of losing a child. The shooter had very obvious issues known to a lot of people. Apparently none that anyone could act on except to draw him in to a white supremacist group. Sad thing is, I know a family with a son kind of similar,,, been in a lot of trouble with anger and discipline issues,, Cops have had to remove him from the house a few times.. And when they say to seek help, this family has done all they can and are now tens of thousands of dollars in debt for medical bills, mental evaluations, multiple stays in a mental hospital.. there is no "free" help.. unless you're rich, there is nothing that can or will be done to help, and if you do, you won't be rich no more. There is no true government program for these disturbed kids. And IMO that is where the issue is.. Your AR's, AK's and high cap mags are coming under attack again.. and the true answer, the real answer,, Give these kids and families the help, the counselling, the guidance they need.. That crazy bastard was going to kill people with sticks and stones if he had to. The signs were there
And some people want to place all the blame on the parents. Maybe in some cases but if these mental health clinics don't do their job and get these kids admitted these issues will never improve. There are tons of kids out there with similar issues. The FBI is more concerned with Russian political collusion than protecting our schools