The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > The Sports Page
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2017, 05:28 PM
THE PLACE Member

Default Falcons and Saints

Man what a first half so far, Beasley got hurt,now back. That offense is clicking right now. Me and Quickie went ahead a gave Ryan the MVP.
Old 01-01-2017, 05:53 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngabowhunter View Post
Man what a first half so far, Beasley got hurt,now back. That offense is clicking right now. Me and Quickie went ahead a gave Ryan the MVP.
Even his throw for this last TD was short but cannot be thrown in a more perfect spot. His accuracy is Bradyish
Old 01-01-2017, 07:46 PM
THE PLACE Member

Glad we get the buy, but that 2nd half was just bad. Very mike smith like for sure.
Well we get 2 weeks to get healthy and rested up. Maybe we will play both halves and get a big win.
Go Falcons
Old 01-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Antler Addict

Quote:
Glad we get the buy, but that 2nd half was just bad. Very mike smith like for sure.
Well we get 2 weeks to get healthy and rested up. Maybe we will play both halves and get a big win.
Go Falcons
2nd half was full of vanilla play calling. What confused me the most was why they didn't pull Ryan and put Schaub in for a bit and really go for another TD or 2. I didn't like seeing Matt, Julio and Freeman out there that late in the game without running the same creative play calling that lit up the first half.

Did you see that hit Neal put on Snead???
Old 01-01-2017, 08:10 PM
THE PLACE Member

Neal lit him up. Boy won't rememebr most that game.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:46 PM
THE PLACE Member

I couldn't tell who hit him but I knew it had to be Neal. He'll lay the smack!!
Old 01-01-2017, 08:50 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GThunter View Post
2nd half was full of vanilla play calling. What confused me the most was why they didn't pull Ryan and put Schaub in for a bit and really go for another TD or 2. I didn't like seeing Matt, Julio and Freeman out there that late in the game without running the same creative play calling that lit up the first half.

Did you see that hit Neal put on Snead???
I don't understand why they took such a conservative approach offensively in 2 nd half. If you can score 60 then you do it. No points are enough with Drew at QB. The prevent D they played in 4 th qtr suxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
Neal lit him up. Boy won't rememebr most that game.
Neal lowers that shoulder and hits like a freight train. LoL
Old 01-01-2017, 10:23 PM
THE PLACE Member

I was surprised to see Neal come back in. Can't imagine if he was miked what that would have sounded like.
I guess T. Gabriel will be ready in 2 weeks. Hey did Colman go down, they went to a commercial and I don't think he ever came back in, right???
Old 01-01-2017, 10:27 PM
THE PLACE Member

I don't care what the 2nd half defense in a blowout looks like. They beat their tails. And earned the bye. Great season for the coons no matter what happens next.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:09 PM
Dammit Bobby

Quote:
I was surprised to see Neal come back in. Can't imagine if he was miked what that would have sounded like.
I guess T. Gabriel will be ready in 2 weeks. Hey did Colman go down, they went to a commercial and I don't think he ever came back in, right???
You could hear that hit in the stadium and it wasn't quiet when it occured.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:10 PM
Antler Addict

Quote:
Neal is a beast. He is my favorite player on defense along with Deion Jones. Deion may get Defensive Rookie of the Year. Those two are going to be a force in our defense for years to come barring any major injuries. Neal is making a name for himself in just his rookie season. He makes people think about turning over the middle or trying to make a cut up field. He has more skills in his rookie year than Willie Mo ever showed us.

I think Coleman was back in late. I could be wrong though.

T. Gabriel and Hooper are set to practice tomorrow. Both should be back in 2 weeks. We should be at full strength minus Tru. Which sucks big time. We could really use him.

Best moment of the game was how Brees kept picking on Jalen Collins in that 4th quarter. For him to sit down on that back shoulder pass was huge for him. They went to the well one too many times and he burned them...in the endzone too. I jumped up and cheered for him on that one. EVERYONE knew they were picking on him as the weak part of our secondary. He got his. I loved it.

The report (from a very non Falcon knowing sideline reporter and TV crew) was that Beasley injured his shoulder/labrum. That is the injury that hampered him last season and made him have surgery over the off season. If he can't hit and get leverage with that left arm anymore he becomes irrelevant moving forward. Have not read or seen any updates on what really is hurt on him. But he wasn't very active in the 2nd half of yesterday's game. Though he did come back in.

Bring on anyone who is next. The only team that gives me pause is Green Bay. That could be a 42-40 game. But I realllly hope Seattle comes to town in two weeks. We have some unfinished business and I would love to see Sherman burn for 60 more minutes.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:48 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GThunter View Post
Neal is a beast. He is my favorite player on defense along with Deion Jones. Deion may get Defensive Rookie of the Year. Those two are going to be a force in our defense for years to come barring any major injuries. Neal is making a name for himself in just his rookie season. He makes people think about turning over the middle or trying to make a cut up field. He has more skills in his rookie year than Willie Mo ever showed us.

I think Coleman was back in late. I could be wrong though.

T. Gabriel and Hooper are set to practice tomorrow. Both should be back in 2 weeks. We should be at full strength minus Tru. Which sucks big time. We could really use him.

Best moment of the game was how Brees kept picking on Jalen Collins in that 4th quarter. For him to sit down on that back shoulder pass was huge for him. They went to the well one too many times and he burned them...in the endzone too. I jumped up and cheered for him on that one. EVERYONE knew they were picking on him as the weak part of our secondary. He got his. I loved it.

The report (from a very non Falcon knowing sideline reporter and TV crew) was that Beasley injured his shoulder/labrum. That is the injury that hampered him last season and made him have surgery over the off season. If he can't hit and get leverage with that left arm anymore he becomes irrelevant moving forward. Have not read or seen any updates on what really is hurt on him. But he wasn't very active in the 2nd half of yesterday's game. Though he did come back in.

Bring on anyone who is next. The only team that gives me pause is Green Bay. That could be a 42-40 game. But I realllly hope Seattle comes to town in two weeks. We have some unfinished business and I would love to see Sherman burn for 60 more minutes.
The only 2 teams that may be better than the Coons are NE and Dallas. But not by much. Of course, anything can happen in the NFL but none of them should scare the Coons. We were better than Seattle and KC but didn't win the games. Both those teams know.

NE may have the easiest road to the Super Bowl I've ever seen, but you never know.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:12 AM
Antler Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
The only 2 teams that may be better than the Coons are NE and Dallas. But not by much. Of course, anything can happen in the NFL but none of them should scare the Coons. We were better than Seattle and KC but didn't win the games. Both those teams know.

NE may have the easiest road to the Super Bowl I've ever seen, but you never know.
Nothing going to be easy about Pittsburgh and Kansas City. Either of those could upend Brady and Bellichick.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:30 PM
THE PLACE Member

I want Seattle in Atl in 2 weeks. I think we match up with them well and would be a great game. I do NOT want GB! Rogers is playing too well right now
Old 01-03-2017, 09:44 PM
THE PLACE Member

Anyone wanna go to the game? Saw tickets online lower level for 130