The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > The Sports Page
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2016, 11:22 AM
THE PLACE Member

Default Falcons

Good dominant win yesterday over the 49ers. If we win out we should get a bye as the #3'seed in the playoffs. I like this team! Seems like we are peaking at the right time
Old 12-19-2016, 12:03 PM
THE PLACE Member

I don't watch pro sports but my wife was watching part of it. I didn't know the Falcons won but I was rooting against that POS that can't stand for the Anthem.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:09 PM
THE PLACE Member

I am very happy with the season, and glad to hear Beasly made the ist string in the pro bowl. I remember some bad post on him last year, I might have throwed his ass under the bus a time or two. But I new he was a rookie and the main thing is getting use to the speed at this level. Anyway if I had time I would find some of those post and start a thread, they was some good ones I remember.
Anyway quickie I think the defense is still a year away from going the distance.
With Trufant being our best corner it hurts, I do think Collins is a lot better than last year.. But I will be the biggest fan I promise. They are fun to watch. Matt is on a level he has never seen. Jmo
GO FALCONS
Old 12-21-2016, 06:12 AM
THE PLACE Member

They will choke in the playoffs.........just like every other Georgia team........

Steelers win super bowl this year.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:02 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncy View Post
They will choke in the playoffs.........just like every other Georgia team........

Steelers win super bowl this year.
Steelers I'd vote NE or Giants. Giants D is very very good
Old 12-21-2016, 01:46 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
Steelers I'd vote NE or Giants. Giants D is very very good
http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_fut..._bowl_li.shtml
Old 12-21-2016, 06:06 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncy View Post
5-2 odds. Is say NE is a good bet
Pitt 8-1
Atl 16-1
Old 12-23-2016, 04:33 PM
richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngabowhunter View Post
I am very happy with the season, and glad to hear Beasly made the ist string in the pro bowl. I remember some bad post on him last year, I might have throwed his ass under the bus a time or two. But I new he was a rookie and the main thing is getting use to the speed at this level. Anyway if I had time I would find some of those post and start a thread, they was some good ones I remember.
Anyway quickie I think the defense is still a year away from going the distance.
With Trufant being our best corner it hurts, I do think Collins is a lot better than last year.. But I will be the biggest fan I promise. They are fun to watch. Matt is on a level he has never seen. Jmo
GO FALCONS
Beasley is still overmatched against avg & above right tackles. We drafted him to be a DE like Freeney..what we got is a fast hybrid linebacker/safety
Old 12-23-2016, 07:16 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craniums View Post
Beasley is still overmatched against avg & above right tackles. We drafted him to be a DE like Freeney..what we got is a fast hybrid linebacker/safety
I agree we drafted a DE but I don't think they thought for a min. He was going to be like Freeney. But if he is the player he has been this year for the next few years I think he was a awesome pic. I am pretty sure Seattle also moves the DE around the same way. I don't see him being overmatched this year at all even the games he don't get sacks he has the QB,s running out of the pocket. Just hope he keeps it up. The biggest problem we have is Trufant being out right now.
Old 12-24-2016, 07:26 AM
richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngabowhunter View Post

I don't see him being overmatched this year at all even the games he don't get sacks he has the QB,s running out of the pocket. Just hope he keeps it up. The biggest problem we have is Trufant being out right now.
Whenever the Falcons are on D, all of my focus is on #44 when he is in the game..trust me he gets overmatched ALOT. Which is fine since he is nothing more than a pure speed rusher. The only thing I have against him is being the #8 pick...Falcons needed ANY & EVERY kind of pass rusher at the time..#8 pick is usually for a STUD DL or STUD LB that can play 3 downs. IF the Falcons D was respectable & only missing a situational speed rusher then the pick would have been tolerable.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:12 AM
THE PLACE Member

Last 10 #8 picks

Jack Conklin
Vic Beasley
Jason Gilbert
Tevon Austin
Ryan Tannehill
Jake Locker
Rolando McClain
Eugene Monroe
Derrick Harvey
Jamaal Anderson

Not exactly world beaters.

I know where your coming from Craniums. I had written him off as a complete bust. And last weeks stats say a lot--1 sack, 1 tackle. But I watch him also. He gets tied up much of the time, but so do many DE's. I'm just saying he's improved his pass rushing tremendously, maybe he can keep improving and be a complete DE. Heck, he's an all pro. I'll take it from where he was last year

Last edited by Duff : 12-24-2016 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-24-2016, 12:15 PM
THE PLACE Member

I don't look at Beasley as a DE. I see him as a LB who is just a designated pass rusher. But I agree he is out of most plays and pushed to the outside while rushing the QB. He definitely makes the QB rush some passes. He disrupts things which we sorely needed
Old 12-25-2016, 11:18 AM
Antler Addict

It is a mute point at this stage of the game. This years draft looks fantastic. What Beasley develops into as a complete player is still to be seen. Also keep in mind over 45% of his total sacks have come in 2 games... so there's that. This offense is what is making ATL be ATL right now. The young kids on the defense as they grow will only make this team that much better. We have some stud football players that need some seasoning but this team is on the verge of being viable contenders as long as we don't get hit with a reset if Shanahan should get called to be a HC somewhere this off season.
Old 12-27-2016, 02:48 PM
richard

I would put money on it that Shanahan is a HC next season..too many openings
Old 12-27-2016, 09:42 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craniums View Post
I would put money on it that Shanahan is a HC next season..too many openings
I'd think he will get a offer. And if Atl offense does well in the playoffs and win a few games he will definitely be a HC next year