THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Outdoors > Braggin Board
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2008, 06:53 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.G. View Post
Lets talk about luck...

the booner in IL...he is sitting on stand at daylight in IL. Told himself he would sit there till noon and slip across the field to another stand and hunt the rest of the day. at 11AM he had seen 29 deer including some bruisers that he would have shot in GA but passed on them and then decided to go ahead to the other stand. While he was still getting his safety on he hears something in the water and looks back and the booner is slipping into the tree line very quickly!! He busts him VERY QUICKLY!.at 11:15 When he shot this deer he said it will never happen again and he is happy with that...

the 146" 8 in IL...he is in a lock on and is cussing to me on the radio cause he cant see jack and its the rut and he has a ML in his hand (ok for bow but not gun). I tell him to get on the ground and slip around since he is better on the ground than a friggin indian in a loin cloth. 30 minutes later he tells me he just busted a massive 8! he was slipping around the edge of a field working horns and the buck growl/snort wheeze when this beast steps out at 40 yards and had him dead to to rights...so for the next 15 minutes they played cat and mouse with him slipping the gun off his shoulder and crouching and BOOOM at 11AM or so.

the 161" IN 10...on his way to a stand with the guide he passes a spot that looks serious and asks Matt if he has a stand in there, Matt said yes so he change plans and goes there instead...he gets in the stand and at 2PM buck growls/snort wheezes in the beast.

this is the best one! 156 " 11 in KY...we are sitting on each end of 500 acres of field and its POURING rain. Has dropped 12" in 3 days but looks like it will let up that afternoon. He calls me at about 9am and tells me to call the guide and tell him to not come get us..were staying all day. No friggin food of course! well with it raining sideways he has all of the windows up on his blind which is sitting in the middle of a field on a small 10 yard wide finger of woods. Every once in a while he would stand up and peek put a window trying to stay dry. then all of a sudden the rain stopped at about 12:50 and he gets his range finder out to try and get a read on a finger across the field where he had seen a beast yesterday eve. So while he is up and ranging he catches something out of the corner of his eye and the MAN is trotting across the field at about 125 yards! It is behind him, so he has to stop the deer, get his gun and work around behind the blind and raise his shooting stick and crouch below the window all within a second or 2 and shoot this beast....dead deer...at 1PM!

he said when he saw that buck crossing the field he first said to himself..."you gotta be kidding me" then said..."JT aint gonna believe this!"

Dude just carries a shoe real real deep and makes it happen when presented with the opportunity
That's a helluva run...............congrats to BubbaBuck!!
Old 02-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Dammit Bobby

Hey GG....Just pull the trigger bud.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.G. View Post
she says this cause I came home from IL with poison ivy on my pecker last year! no lie

I've had some chiggers on my sack and pecker, but never poison ivy!!!

Misery..............................

BuckyT
Old 02-04-2008, 07:12 AM
well theres that

yep I almost cut the thing off
Old 02-04-2008, 08:16 AM
Dawn2Dusk

Tell Bubba I said "Congrats..." That's too awesome...

I'm just glad I didn't have to foot the bill for all of it... HOLY COW!