The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Outdoors > Braggin Board
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2008, 09:19 AM
well theres that

Default Gary Mayfield...Bubbabuck's increadible 13 months

Some of yall know Gary and many have seen this, but I gotta post it again here.

YEAH all these bucks were taken on paid hunts, but he is the only one that comes home with a beast EVERY SINGLE HUNT. I, like most, have said over the years you put me on land like that and I can and will kill big bucks every year too. Well thats not true...I can attest and so can the camp full of folks that go home empty handed. Bubba just has something about him that attracts these things whether hunting on GA land (with no deer!) or hunting IL, IN, KY etc with massive numbers.

Quick story...last year we had the opportunity to hunt with Greg Ritz at Game Trails Lodge in KY. Well we were all liquored up the first night and everyone was bragging and talking about big bucks and what they were gonna kill etc etc etc. Someone started to talk about putting money on it. Well Bubba was in the other room, but I told the boy to NOT BET AGAINST Bubba. He laughed and said why?? So I tell him about Bubba's luck (and skill) in the woods. He did not bet, but did laugh it off and say we will see. Well Bubba killed his 156" beast at 1PM with 2 days left in the hunt and was the only one with a buck over 130" killed...even though they have a 140" min!

Here is the copy from Woodys

I am almost in awe at what this man has done in the last year and a month when it comes to monster deer. This is a man that KNOWS HOW TO CLOSE THE DEAL. When he sees a trophy buck it will die no questions asked. Hell all one has to do is be in the friggin county with him and it will die. All were killed with TC omega 50 cal.

Gary, congrats brother! All I can say is it is an absolute blast hunting with you and maybe just maybe I will start closing the deal and not thinking too long.

Nov 06 IL 175" 12 point typical. 14" g2's and 13" g3's!

Nov 07 IL 146" 8pt! (not official yet) he is on the left..makes my lil 10 real slim Broke a g3 when it crashed, but he got all the pieces.

Nov IN 160 2/8" 10pt

Dec KY 156" 11pt
Old 02-02-2008, 09:21 AM
THE PLACE Member

Looks good but I wouldn't want all those big bucks. I'd have to mount all those, and I have no where to put them.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:25 AM
The dude abides

Awesome bucks.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:27 AM
well theres that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansashunter View Post
Looks good but I wouldn't want all those big bucks. I'd have to mount all those, and I have no where to put them.
he just got divorced and she took all the pictures so he says he has plenty of room

here is the booner on the wall before she left..oh yeah the other 2 are friggin lil baby GA deer

Old 02-02-2008, 09:28 AM
well theres that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
Glad you posted it again...

He had a dream season for sure...
but seeing these pics, makes me want to keep Gary off our farm in Indiana! LOL
I tried to tell you before you took our money!
Old 02-02-2008, 09:50 AM
well theres that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
yeah the f'er will probably just walk on the property and that biggun will just run over to his truck and fall over dead...

glad theres a 1 buck rule in Indiana
Lets talk about luck...

the booner in IL...he is sitting on stand at daylight in IL. Told himself he would sit there till noon and slip across the field to another stand and hunt the rest of the day. at 11AM he had seen 29 deer including some bruisers that he would have shot in GA but passed on them and then decided to go ahead to the other stand. While he was still getting his safety on he hears something in the water and looks back and the booner is slipping into the tree line very quickly!! He busts him VERY QUICKLY!.at 11:15 When he shot this deer he said it will never happen again and he is happy with that...

the 146" 8 in IL...he is in a lock on and is cussing to me on the radio cause he cant see jack and its the rut and he has a ML in his hand (ok for bow but not gun). I tell him to get on the ground and slip around since he is better on the ground than a friggin indian in a loin cloth. 30 minutes later he tells me he just busted a massive 8! he was slipping around the edge of a field working horns and the buck growl/snort wheeze when this beast steps out at 40 yards and had him dead to to rights...so for the next 15 minutes they played cat and mouse with him slipping the gun off his shoulder and crouching and BOOOM at 11AM or so.

the 161" IN 10...on his way to a stand with the guide he passes a spot that looks serious and asks Matt if he has a stand in there, Matt said yes so he change plans and goes there instead...he gets in the stand and at 2PM buck growls/snort wheezes in the beast.

this is the best one! 156 " 11 in KY...we are sitting on each end of 500 acres of field and its POURING rain. Has dropped 12" in 3 days but looks like it will let up that afternoon. He calls me at about 9am and tells me to call the guide and tell him to not come get us..were staying all day. No friggin food of course! well with it raining sideways he has all of the windows up on his blind which is sitting in the middle of a field on a small 10 yard wide finger of woods. Every once in a while he would stand up and peek put a window trying to stay dry. then all of a sudden the rain stopped at about 12:50 and he gets his range finder out to try and get a read on a finger across the field where he had seen a beast yesterday eve. So while he is up and ranging he catches something out of the corner of his eye and the MAN is trotting across the field at about 125 yards! It is behind him, so he has to stop the deer, get his gun and work around behind the blind and raise his shooting stick and crouch below the window all within a second or 2 and shoot this beast....dead deer...at 1PM!

he said when he saw that buck crossing the field he first said to himself..."you gotta be kidding me" then said..."JT aint gonna believe this!"

Dude just carries a shoe real real deep and makes it happen when presented with the opportunity

Last edited by G.G. : 02-02-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:55 AM
well theres that

Quote:
Originally Posted by boinky View Post
Guy on the right looks like Curly from the 3 Stooges....except fatter!
thats my hunting season weight! LL looked at that pic and said I have a HUGE KNEE!
Old 02-03-2008, 10:05 AM
well theres that

oh yeah speaking of luck...

did I mention that the boy had never cared about turkey hunting and had deer hunted for 35 years...until 3 years ago I got him in turkey hunting...

his first bird he killed with a buddy on his second time hunting and it was a 4 bearded beast! oh yeah he has tagged out every year since! and has killed all but one in the afternoon!

dude carries the shoe
Old 02-03-2008, 12:50 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.G. View Post
he just got divorced and she took all the pictures so he says he has plenty of room

here is the booner on the wall before she left..oh yeah the other 2 are friggin lil baby GA deer

Just curious. Did hunting have anything to do with his divorce?
Old 02-03-2008, 02:48 PM
well theres that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansashunter View Post
Just curious. Did hunting have anything to do with his divorce?
not really, she never whined about it...but was a raging alcoholic

now both my marriages ended because of my hunting...and one of them was a raging alky too
Old 02-03-2008, 02:53 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
not really, she never whined about it...but was a raging alcoholic

now both my marriages ended because of my hunting...and one of them was a raging alky too
I was just wondering.
Heck a good woman is hard to find. I wouldn't want to. But I wouldn't let hunting be the cause of losing a good one. There would have to be a compromise somewhere. If she wouldn't compromise she's evidently not a good one.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Because i can. thats why.

< not a psychotic raging alchy *****

OR

cares how much hes gone hunting.

However, we have had the discussion that if he ever comes home from hunting with anything on him other than poison ivy, i'll kill him. But its ok cause we're clear on it.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:45 PM
well theres that

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLove View Post
however, we have had the discussion that if he ever comes home from hunting with anything on him other than poison ivy, i'll kill him. But its ok cause we're clear on it.
she says this cause I came home from IL with poison ivy on my pecker last year! no lie
Old 02-03-2008, 03:48 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
she says this cause I came home from IL with poison ivy on my pecker last year! no lie
Dang the hunting must of been slow.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:31 PM
THE PLACE Member

Horseshoe or not...........he makes the kill happen and closes the deal!!!