The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Hunting > Lease
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2008, 04:30 PM
THE PLACE Member

Default Meriwether County GA Archery Only

I posted this over at Woody's and thought I would post it here too.

Hey guys, I had a very late and unexpected member to drop out of my lease yesterday due to personal reasons. I know it is very late to be looking but I have no choice. I need one member for a 975 ac. archery only lease. We have 12 members, approx 20 acs in food plots, bucks must have a gross score of 125" to be legal. No gasoline vehicles past certain points, foot traffic or elec golf carts only, this is to keep the pressure on the deer to a minimum and it works. We are in our second year on this lease and took zero bucks last year, we have an abundance of bucks! We have supplemental fed with protein pellets for the last two years from Jan.- Aug. with the exception of turkey season, this year we fed between 10-12 TONS of protein. I am lucky in that I have wound up with a very like minded group of hunters who are interested in growing some good deer. I am also lucky to be bordered by approx 8000 acs. of private property that is managed even more so for big bucks than I am able to do. The dues are high, they are $2000 per year but if you are a serious bow hunter looking for somewhere to hunt good Ga deer with other bow hunters you may want to give this a look.

I will be down on Friday and Saturday for anyone that may be interested in seeing the land, if you would like to see it another day just let me know. If you aren't serious don't waste my time or yours but if you are interested let me know and I can email you a complete copy of our rules and a map of the lease. Give me a call, email me, or send me a PM.

Thanks,
David Helmly
404-732-5159
david@trailwatcher.net

These are a few of the deer from this summer. I have several hundred pictures from this year and last.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:31 PM
THE PLACE Member

Here is one we found dead last year.

Last edited by TrailWatcher : 08-20-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:59 PM
pointer1

Lawd have mercy...if I were bow only, I'd join in a second!!!! I dont believe you will have any problem finding a member with the bucks ya'll are growing TW...
Old 08-20-2008, 06:50 PM
THE PLACE Member

Thanks guys. I really like the club and am very proud of what we have done with it. It is a lot of work but I really enjoy it. We have such a great group of guys I really hate it about the guy having to get out, it was nice last year with zero arguments or squabbles, just like it should be.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Luna Tic.

Wow.. Man I doubt you will have many problems filling the void..
Old 08-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Etter1

If it were a bow/gun club and even had higher antler restrictions, I'd definitely join up. You're not too far from me, but I don't think I'd be into bow hunting all season. Good luck. Sure it won't be hard to fill with those pictures. How old was the dead buck?
Old 08-21-2008, 08:54 AM
mine ain't cute either

Default ................

...........does the $2000 cover everything??....food plots seed, etc,.......
Old 08-21-2008, 05:36 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon dawg View Post
...........does the $2000 cover everything??....food plots seed, etc,.......
Yep, it covers everything! And the sad part of it is that I will be in the hole again this year with the rise in price on feed, lime, and fertilizer. But I enjoy it.......I think!
Old 08-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Cheese

If I was up in that neck of the woods I'd be all over this. You got some nice bucks running around your lease.