The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Hunting > Lease
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2008, 09:44 PM
snuffer

Default marion/taylor deer camp/hunting club

the guys i hunted w/ last season are looking for a few members for the lease. got a camp of sorts, w/ a mobile home. screened porches, sheds, running/hot water, fridge, stove, microwave, camper spots out back. it's a private lease right above mauk, ga...1000 acres, i think a tad more, according to my calculations w/ the plat maps. if they get two members, it will total out at seven. big deer and turkey, a few hogs. lots of cattle pasture that hold turkey and deer, and some peanut and hay fields. pretty good bunch of guys, little rules. pm me if anyone is interested. 500.00...not too bad. doesn't get much pressure.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Go dawgs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffer View Post
the guys i hunted w/ last season are looking for a few members for the lease. got a camp of sorts, w/ a mobile home. screened porches, sheds, running/hot water, fridge, stove, microwave, camper spots out back. it's a private lease right above mauk, ga...1000 acres, i think a tad more, according to my calculations w/ the plat maps. if they get two members, it will total out at seven. big deer and turkey, a few hogs. lots of cattle pasture that hold turkey and deer, and some peanut and hay fields. pretty good bunch of guys, little rules. pm me if anyone is interested. 500.00...not too bad. doesn't get much pressure.
Thats a good deal!
Old 07-03-2008, 07:10 AM
Strokin

thats a steal
Old 07-03-2008, 07:14 AM
pointer1

dang snuffer...thats right down the skreet from me....sounds like a hell of a deal....
Old 07-03-2008, 09:17 PM
snuffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointer1 View Post
dang snuffer...thats right down the skreet from me....sounds like a hell of a deal....
not a bad place to hunt, at all. there are some big bucks taken there every yr...big. big gobblers, too. it's just crazy for me to drive out there and hunt, w/ so many killer places to hunt closer to home, on the riverbottom. it's terrain is different than anywhere else i have hunted in ga...sort of like south texas...they even have cactus out there. and lots of sand. i saw a band of hogs out by sandhill plantation today, while working, about two miles from the lease, i think they wander a bunch, in search of something to destroy. the best thing going is a ton of quail, which is rare, anymore. the camp ain't the shangri-la, but it's not bad for the price. shoot what you want, but don't overdo it. very family friendly, all members bring kids often. i kind of hate to get out of it, but just have some other places i'm chomping at the bit to get to.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:40 PM
pointer1

Snuffer, check your PM's....
Old 07-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Ask our guide

I'm gonna get in I believe. Just waiting on a return call. Appreciate the time ya took out for me Snuffer.

guys this camp aint bad at all. Got shade trees, decent building, muscadines and GRASS all over THE PLACE
Quote:
just head west on currington to the stop sign, just go straight 'cross the ditch and your there.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:42 PM
pointer1

dang..less than a mile, huh?...Im not looking to join but got a friend that wants some info on THE PLACE. Snuffer, do you know if they are shooting the deer on crop permits on this place? Is that soybean field on 90 (half beans, half peanuts) part of it? If so, I know the answer. Man..cant believe you have been that close and we havent gotten together for a hunt...small world for sure.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:21 PM
snuffer

Quote:
dang..less than a mile, huh?...Im not looking to join but got a friend that wants some info on THE PLACE. Snuffer, do you know if they are shooting the deer on crop permits on this place? Is that soybean field on 90 (half beans, half peanuts) part of it? If so, I know the answer. Man..cant believe you have been that close and we havent gotten together for a hunt...small world for sure.
nah, that ain't their field. i didn't realize ya'll were right there off currington rd, either. dht, it's no problem at all. i'm glad to help.