Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > The Trading Post > Advertising
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2012, 09:00 AM
THE PLACE Member

Default Blood dogs for finding wounded game

www.countrygrovesdeertrackingtraining.com
Old 01-07-2012, 09:49 AM
THE PLACE Dumbazz

Some on here could get a lot of use out of a trail dog.
Damn....Phil will endorse anything. What next....Duck Commander Condoms? Magnum sized in Max-4 camo for when you want to boom boom boom with your Suzy without worrying about her raising a brood....Matt
Old 01-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Go dawgs!

Welcome to THE PLACE Matt
Old 01-07-2012, 09:57 AM
THE PLACE Dumbazz

Matt what is the deal with people and your kennel? I just noticed a new bashing thread on gon.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=667143
Damn....Phil will endorse anything. What next....Duck Commander Condoms? Magnum sized in Max-4 camo for when you want to boom boom boom with your Suzy without worrying about her raising a brood....Matt
Old 01-09-2012, 11:55 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Fool View Post
Matt what is the deal with people and your kennel? I just noticed a new bashing thread on gon.

I havent seen it. It must have been deleted. Its only 2 or 3 folks that talk all the crap. I wont say names. But i will say that i have never met any of them and i have never trained a dog for them. The main thing they have to say about me is that my kennels are not safe and that they would be afraid to leave their dog here. Thats what the talk is all about. But just so everyone knows i am upgrading on january 25th 2012 to commercial kennels. We will have what tractor supply calls their "Proffesional kennels" and the drain system and the whole 9 yards. Then we will see what they come up with to talk about then. Im sure it will be something. I dont charge near as much to train as most and for that reason i get allot of crap. We train meat dogs and blood dogs. I dont train field trial dogs so i dont charge the field trial prices. I charge $300 per month on bird dogs and $500 flat for tracking. I have never had a buisness card or anything else. We post in the marketplace some since its been up but other than that its been word of mouth for 13 years now. You cant make everyone happy and i realize that but i try my best to. Im not the type to get on there and have a cussing match with anyone. I have enouph happy customers to do that for me. I hope this will clear up allot of stuff. If you will look at any thing said about me you will see that its all about the kennels. Its nothing else. Glad to get that out. Im glad i found yall.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:05 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Fool View Post

If you live in swaynsboro you may know Mr Kevin Cobb or Trevor Cobb. I have trained 3 dogs for them over the years. I also did a dig for Darrel Frost and one for Johnathan Hitchcock and james Hitchcock. Thaught you may know some of these folks.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Pintail is my best good chum

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygrovekennels View Post
I havent seen it. It must have been deleted. Its only 2 or 3 folks that talk all the crap. I wont say names. But i will say that i have never met any of them and i have never trained a dog for them. The main thing they have to say about me is that my kennels are not safe and that they would be afraid to leave their dog here. Thats what the talk is all about. But just so everyone knows i am upgrading on january 25th 2012 to commercial kennels. We will have what tractor supply calls their "Proffesional kennels" and the drain system and the whole 9 yards. Then we will see what they come up with to talk about then. Im sure it will be something. I dont charge near as much to train as most and for that reason i get allot of crap. We train meat dogs and blood dogs. I dont train field trial dogs so i dont charge the field trial prices. I charge $300 per month on bird dogs and $500 flat for tracking. I have never had a buisness card or anything else. We post in the marketplace some since its been up but other than that its been word of mouth for 13 years now. You cant make everyone happy and i realize that but i try my best to. Im not the type to get on there and have a cussing match with anyone. I have enouph happy customers to do that for me. I hope this will clear up allot of stuff. If you will look at any thing said about me you will see that its all about the kennels. Its nothing else. Glad to get that out. Im glad i found yall.
Welcome to THE PLACE Matt.........there are always two sides to every story

from what I have learned in just the short time of learning and reading around about labs and retreiving, some seem to think that if you dont give 1200.00 for a pup and then 700.00 or 800.00 a month to train it, the dog will never amount to anything.

I was the one that called you a month or so ago inquiring on your opnion of dual training a lab to do service commands for me because Im in a wheelchair and also retreive some dove. You seemed very straight up to me and shot straight with me and thats all I can go on.

I wish I had found "Buddy" before he got gone.......that was about exactly what Im looking for.
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,

Last edited by Gimp : 01-10-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:36 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryano View Post
Welcome to THE PLACE Matt.........there are always two sides to every story

from what I have learned in just the short time of learning and reading around about labs and retreiving, some seem to think that if you dont give 1200.00 for a pup and then 700.00 or 800.00 a month to train it, the dog will never amount to anything.

I was the one that called you a month or so ago inquiring on your opnion of dual training a lab to do service commands for me because Im in a wheelchair and also retreive some dove. You seemed very straight up to me and shot straight with me and thats all I can go on.

I wish I had found "Buddy" before he got gone.......that was about exactly what Im looking for.
Thats exacley what allot of people think. Yea i wish you could have got him to. He would have made you a good dog. The only problem i have with what has been said is like i said before i have never seen or met these people before. They dont have any idea who i am or how my dogs work. Thats what kills me about the whole thing. Like i said its all about having treated lumber kennels. They all say it will make a dog sick. I have done it for years and never had a problem nor have i heard of anyone else who did. But we are redoing all our kennels this month. So maybe it will be a little harder to find something to talk about. I hope you are doing well. It was good talking to you that day. If i can help you find a dog or anything else just let me know. Thanks
Old 01-10-2012, 08:04 AM
Beer technician

Kept Beagles on treated lumber decks for years. My good buddy has 9 on raised treated lumber decks now. If you keep em clean there aint nothing wrong with treated lumber. Tell those pricks to go look at rabbithuntingonline.com and see all the kennels the northern beagle runners use. They are all pressure treated and are off the grround.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:58 PM
THE PLACE Dumbazz

I don't know any of those people but I also am not from here. Moved here about 2 years ago. Both of my labs have treated lumber their pen. This isn't GON over here except for emusmacker trying to make it that way. Glad we got your side of the story.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:07 PM
THE PLACE Member

my dogs live on my back porch which is treated lumber. am i a bad dog owner.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:55 PM
THE PLACE Member

Im glad to be able to tell it. I started to say something on GON but that would have turned into a brawl so i just kept my mouth shut. Anything you see negative on me will be that my kennels are unhealthy because they are cattle panel and 2x4s. Theres never been anything about my training. What makes it so bad is allot of the time someone will go on there agreeing with them on the whole kennel thing and a few days later they are calling wanting a dog trained.LOL I have caught several doing that over the years. I always tell them that if they want a $10,000 kennel setup then go to a $800 dollar a month trainer. If you want a basic meat dog then bring him here.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Go dawgs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygrovekennels View Post
Im glad to be able to tell it. I started to say something on GON but that would have turned into a brawl so i just kept my mouth shut. Anything you see negative on me will be that my kennels are unhealthy because they are cattle panel and 2x4s. Theres never been anything about my training. What makes it so bad is allot of the time someone will go on there agreeing with them on the whole kennel thing and a few days later they are calling wanting a dog trained.LOL I have caught several doing that over the years. I always tell them that if they want a $10,000 kennel setup then go to a $800 dollar a month trainer. If you want a basic meat dog then bring him here.
This latest thread wsn't about the quality of your kennels...

A guy posted that he had bought a dog and your were supposed to train it ...It was supposed to be ready by a said date...He said he tried to contact you continuously and never could get your to return his phone calls....He said when he did get you that you said the dog needed a couple more months...Then when that was up , he couldn't get you again....

Something of that nature anyway....
Old 01-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Dammit Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow3 View Post
This latest thread wsn't about the quality of your kennels...

A guy posted that he had bought a dog and your were supposed to train it ...It was supposed to be ready by a said date...He said he tried to contact you continuously and never could get your to return his phone calls....He said when he did get you that you said the dog needed a couple more months...Then when that was up , he couldn't get you again....

Something of that nature anyway....

Don't forget the guy said he was very unprofessional and rude in what he said to him.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Pintail is my best good chum

well like I said, there are always two sides to the story and most of the time the TRUTH lies somewhere in between.

Too bad Arra3 quit his job over there he would be able to tell us if a Mod snagged that thread of if the OP did..........I think the OP deleted it myself.
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,