The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > Shooting The Bull
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2018, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator Supervisor

I said ban it statewide all year long if it spreads into Bama.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:38 AM
THE PLACE Member

I said:

It is not the role of government to tell people whether or not they can bait. Everyone should be able to on private property. Also, I suspect turkey populations will be bolstered in the Piedmont and elsewhere as they have been in the Southern zone. I personally am against baiting, but what other people do is none of my business. And it won't be all bad anyhow as long as it is done safely.

HOWEVER, there should be liability for anyone who places bait near public roadways. Before increasing the scope of baiting in GA, DNR must study how baiting on residential properties near roadways affects the likelihood of damage to automobiles and injuries to people caused by baiting. DNR should show the move for baiting does not put the State in a role partially responsible for personal injury and property damage.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:25 PM
HNIC

The ďbaiting causes CWDĒ argument is bullshit. Letís just ban muscidines, oak trees, and honeysuckle. While weíre at it letís tell all the farmers to stop planting stuff. Corn ainít the problem either.

Red
Old 05-27-2018, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Red View Post
The ďbaiting causes CWDĒ argument is bullshit. Letís just ban muscidines, oak trees, and honeysuckle. While weíre at it letís tell all the farmers to stop planting stuff. Corn ainít the problem either.

Red
I think your thought process is bullshit. Now... Not in a deragatory way, so donít get angry, because Iím not. . I like you Red. Always have.

Why make a disease easier to spread?? We arenít exactly covered up in crops up here in the piedmont and north GA.

BuckyT
Old 05-28-2018, 08:32 AM
THE PLACE Member

Bucky, We are covered up in crops up here.. It's not uncommon to see multitudes of deer feeding in the fields at night and they feed together in groups. We have CWD and EHD in the captive heards but not in the wild ..
I Kansas there are nothing but crops.. and we had a EHD breakout 5 years ago. I don't know what the cause or answer is... not really sure what i'm trying to say

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Old 05-28-2018, 06:15 PM
HNIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyT View Post
I think your thought process is bullshit. Now... Not in a deragatory way, so donít get angry, because Iím not. . I like you Red. Always have.

Why make a disease easier to spread?? We arenít exactly covered up in crops up here in the piedmont and north GA.

BuckyT
No worries bro. Weíre fine. I could show you fields of 50-100 deer down here come peanut season. So many that we can get permits to shoot them in the dark. Thatís not baiting per se but the result is the same.

Honest question - are you against all forms of supplement feeding i.e, good plots, food stations with protein pellets, or just baiting in form of corn piles?

Red
Old 05-28-2018, 08:17 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howl View Post
I said:

It is not the role of government to tell people whether or not they can bait. Everyone should be able to on private property. Also, I suspect turkey populations will be bolstered in the Piedmont and elsewhere as they have been in the Southern zone. I personally am against baiting, but what other people do is none of my business. And it won't be all bad anyhow as long as it is done safely.

HOWEVER, there should be liability for anyone who places bait near public roadways. Before increasing the scope of baiting in GA, DNR must study how baiting on residential properties near roadways affects the likelihood of damage to automobiles and injuries to people caused by baiting. DNR should show the move for baiting does not put the State in a role partially responsible for personal injury and property damage.
Hoe-Kay
Old 05-29-2018, 07:10 AM
THE PLACE Member

Makes no difference to me.........feeding/baiting has always been legal....

If everybody is so concerned with CWD, why haven't they been discussing this issue in the past?

If CWD is spread by baiting there would not be a deer left in South Carolina.....I hunted there in the mid 80's and baiting was legal.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:38 PM
THE PLACE Member

Just FYI- I have an inside source on this subject and he said it will be legal to bait statewide. Those that don't want it-sorry and those that do- you'll get your wish. Doesn't affect the way I hunt either way
Old 05-29-2018, 08:18 PM
Mean muggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDICTED2HUNTIN View Post
Just FYI- I have an inside source on this subject and he said it will be legal to bait statewide. Those that don't want it-sorry and those that do- you'll get your wish. Doesn't affect the way I hunt either way
You and mike set me up with that inside source you bastard. That fugger should have never seen my face!!!!!
Old 05-30-2018, 11:01 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
You and mike set me up with that inside source you bastard. That fugger should have never seen my face!!!!!
Aww hell he ain't no harm! Besides he don't work the counties you poach in.......the look on your face was priceless though!

Last edited by ADDICTED2HUNTIN : 05-30-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:53 PM
HNIC

Quote:
"Hooked you up..." Sounds like they turned your ass in for that reward money,

Red
Old 05-30-2018, 03:12 PM
Mean muggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Red View Post
"Hooked you up..." Sounds like they turned your ass in for that reward money,

Red
Shit I disappeared from that bastard too. Threw down a smoke bomb....right in the service dept at Akins Ford.......gone!
Old 05-30-2018, 05:07 PM
wannabe sumtin

i posted on the FB huntin the piedmont page that Baiting was poaching and folks who hunted over bait had no ethics..... Man I pissed the pro baiter boys off, It lasted for about 5 mins before the attack post started and then I deleted it. some of the comments were harsh!!! it was fun thou...LOL
Old 05-30-2018, 05:08 PM
HNIC

Quote:
Shit I disappeared from that bastard too. Threw down a smoke bomb....right in the service dept at Akins Ford.......gone!
Like a true ninja.

Red