The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Hunting > Bow Hunting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2017, 05:09 PM
THE PLACE Member

This is him
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 28FB14D7-8F66-40E0-93F9-A65FE8F3353F.jpeg (54.7 KB, 56 views)
Old 11-03-2017, 07:03 PM
Boomer Sooner

What time last night was this? He looks in pretty good shape I hate to say. Before midnight if the date is correct.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:08 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
This has to be exactly the same scenario. We did not find the buck this am so hard tracking blood in dog fennel and scattered pines. All my cams are all back in place where he is been frequenting so we will see if he shows alive. I will also continue to watch for buzzards this week. Have no idea how I missed not getting this buck. Just one of those things that happen in the deer woods
Don't beat yourself up too much, it happens to the best of us.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:36 PM
THE PLACE Member

As you know there is a fine line when you're high. I've told this before but a buddy shot an 8 pt in Ohio one evening. We tracked him for a while till blood ran out. I killed it 2 days later. He was running does like a mad man. My buds shot was perfect other than 3" high. It happens. Maybe he will be fine.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:48 PM
Mean muggin

Man I've seen it too with those high shots. Buddy had a 150" 8 point in Illinois get away due to a high shot that was perfect left to right. Same guy killed a 145" 10 point 2 years later running a doe in Illinois. He came by me a little too far, he shot him 10 min later. 10 inches of a carbon arrow and a shuttle T lock still between his back straps and shoulder blades from an unlucky hunter a week or so earlier. He was running, grunting, chasing, etc. they can keep going with a slightly low shot too. I killed a big 8 in 2007 that a guy had shot and missed his heart low by 2" the week before I shot him. Again, chasing a doe like his head was on fire and his ass was catching These bastards can survive stuff that would make a human curl up and die on the spot, especially when you're slinging something at them that relies on severing blood vessels connected to vital organs versus a rifle bullet that will destroy tissue and organs through hydrostatic shock and shrapnel
Old 11-03-2017, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator Supervisor

Sorry to hear this Kevin... Keep your head up.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:49 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlsooner View Post
What time last night was this? He looks in pretty good shape I hate to say. Before midnight if the date is correct.
Dennis I shot him yesterday morning at 8 am. This pic was from Oct 31st. Actually shot him 10 yds from where he was in this pic
Old 11-03-2017, 08:00 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
Man I've seen it too with those high shots. Buddy had a 150" 8 point in Illinois get away due to a high shot that was perfect left to right. Same guy killed a 145" 10 point 2 years later running a doe in Illinois. He came by me a little too far, he shot him 10 min later. 10 inches of a carbon arrow and a shuttle T lock still between his back straps and shoulder blades from an unlucky hunter a week or so earlier. He was running, grunting, chasing, etc. they can keep going with a slightly low shot too. I killed a big 8 in 2007 that a guy had shot and missed his heart low by 2" the week before I shot him. Again, chasing a doe like his head was on fire and his ass was catching These bastards can survive stuff that would make a human curl up and die on the spot, especially when you're slinging something at them that relies on severing blood vessels connected to vital organs versus a rifle bullet that will destroy tissue and organs through hydrostatic shock and shrapnel
These bucks are always tough to kill but during the rut they are turbo charged for sure. I'm hoping he made it and comes back to his core area looking for a date. If I could get another chance at this deer it would be even more special now. Lots of deer were on the move this am while I was looking for the buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyT View Post
Sorry to hear this Kevin... Keep your head up.
Just going to climb back on the horse and keep trying. This buck had moved all the 2.5s out f the area the past few days. Crazy how they can do that
Old 11-03-2017, 08:30 PM
Boomer Sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
Dennis I shot him yesterday morning at 8 am. This pic was from Oct 31st. Actually shot him 10 yds from where he was in this pic
My bad Kevin. I was looking at the date wrong. I guess that is why he was looking to be in good shape. LOL Duh !!!
Old 11-06-2017, 02:25 PM
THE PLACE Member

Unreal. No idea how exit wound is that far forward on a quartering to me shot at a 40 degree angle from a 18 ft perch at 8 yds. Only thing I can figure is expandable head defected off some bone? Looking back to the 4 th the buck I saw in the thicket at 10 am that morning must have been him!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0582.JPG (122.6 KB, 32 views)
Old 11-06-2017, 03:13 PM
The ****in Slipknot \m/

Wow. He seems to be doing just fine. Hope gang green doesn't set in.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:13 PM
THE PLACE Member

He's still showing up. Go kill him.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:29 PM
Pintail is my best good chum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssramage View Post
Go kill him.
And take a f***ing gun this time FFS.
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Old 11-06-2017, 03:49 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
Wow. He seems to be doing just fine. Hope gang green doesn't set in.
It's raining down acorns right there. Pretty sure he is locked down with a doe today. Got pics of a doe this am and I saw part of a tine in the background. I will be there tomorrow and hopefully don't have to hunt all day to close this book
Old 11-06-2017, 04:56 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
And take a f***ing gun this time FFS.

Damn bowhunters out there maiming all the deer.