THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > The Sports Page
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2013, 02:28 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlsooner View Post
Mack Brown ? Hell of a recruiter.
And Monte Kiffin is available also. Maybe he can team up with his son again.....
Old 12-31-2013, 03:17 PM
Yeah,...Come' On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Red View Post
Van Gorder was there for 1 year trying to run a prostyle offense with receivers who were recruited to block, not catch. You really think he was going to be successful in one year with a bunch of players recruited for a completely different offense?
Monken came in and used Air Raid players that Hatcher recruited and went to the Semi-Finals for 3 straight years. Your argument is invalid. Gus Malzahn brought option football to Auburn this year. How'd that work out for them?

Quote:
GSU has won with the TO simply becuase of playing in the FCS. They would be considered "losers" with the TO when they face most FBS competition. GSU is 2-19 vs FBS competition counting the win vs FL since 1978 when the FBS and the FCS split. Now that they have moved up, there's really no reason to expect that to change.

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/c...-of-FCS-vs-FBS

Red
You really don't believe we can recruit more and better players in FBS (85 schollies) than FCS (63 schollies), and if you agree with that, you don't believe that better results would come from more schollies and better quality recruits? Of the 21 FBS games, how many are BCS quality programs? If we had played 21 Sunbelt quality programs, I dare say we'd be much better off than 2-19. Ask Saban if he wants to play us again, ask Muschamp if he wants to play us again.

This head coach hire is crucial with the move up. I have confidence in our AD to make a good hire. I also have GREAT confidence that the program will be successful at the FBS level.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:50 PM
HNIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroNative View Post
Monken came in and used Air Raid players that Hatcher recruited and went to the Semi-Finals for 3 straight years. Your argument is invalid. Gus Malzahn brought option football to Auburn this year. How'd that work out for them?

You really don't believe we can recruit more and better players in FBS (85 schollies) than FCS (63 schollies), and if you agree with that, you don't believe that better results would come from more schollies and better quality recruits? Of the 21 FBS games, how many are BCS quality programs? If we had played 21 Sunbelt quality programs, I dare say we'd be much better off than 2-19. Ask Saban if he wants to play us again, ask Muschamp if he wants to play us again.

This head coach hire is crucial with the move up. I have confidence in our AD to make a good hire. I also have GREAT confidence that the program will be successful at the FBS level.
Hatcher was ran out of town by a POS that cared nothing about football. He had a burr up his ass, and took Hatcher out as his last act. You can take any program in the country and run the option no matter how good the players are...that's the point of the offense. You don't have to be big or good to run it. Why do you think Marshall started to run it after their program was destroyed when the plane crashed? That's why so many smaller high school teams run it. They don't have the talent or the size to run anything else. You can teach wide recievers to block, but you can't teach them to catch. Malzahn does not run a TO offense. His offense has some of the same principles, but it isn't a TO offense like GSU's.

I don't care if GSU has 200 scholarships. I can't imagine GSU getting better players just because they moved up. The Sunbelt is nothing more than a glorified FCS conference playing in the FBS. They can only play 11, and it won't change the fact that they run a gimmick offense. Look at GT. Do you think GSU in the Sunbelt will get better players than GT in the ACC? You're fooling yourself if you do...."21 quality Sunbelt programs...." That's a bit of an oxymoron, and I don't think UA, FL, UGA, or any other SEC school would mind playing GSU anytime, anywhere.

It won't matter who is hired. If GSU sticks with the TO offense they won't ever be more than an average FBS team. GT hasn't been successful with it, and there's no reason to believe GSU will be either.

Red

Last edited by Ol' Red : 12-31-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Yeah,...Come' On!

How did that shitty ****ing pro-style UGA offense work out for the shitty ****ing pups today Red?

Hahahahaha. Enjoy the loss!
Old 01-01-2014, 03:44 PM
Dammit Man

Old 01-01-2014, 03:48 PM
HNIC

Quote:
How did that shitty ****ing pro-style UGA offense work out for the shitty ****ing pups today Red?

This is the best you have? You're starting to sound like a Tech fan. Can't say I'm too surprised. Most GSU and Tech fans live vicariously through the Dawgs every year.

Red
Old 01-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Yeah,...Come' On!

Quote:
This is the best you have? You're starting to sound like a Tech fan. Can't say I'm too surprised. Most GSU and Tech fans live vicariously through the Dawgs every year. Red
Hahahahahahaha
Old 01-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Antler Addict

Quote:
This is the best you have? You're starting to sound like a Tech fan. Can't say I'm too surprised. Most GSU and Tech fans live vicariously through the Dawgs every year.

Red
Even that one made me laugh.

Living vicariously...as Dog fans do thru BAMA, LSU or Auburn...or whoever else the SEC flavor of the year is.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Mean muggin

Quote:

Wow.....sound a little bit ass hurt about something. A seemingly intelligent conversation just took a 180
Old 01-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Yeah,...Come' On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
Wow.....sound a little bit ass hurt about something. A seemingly intelligent conversation just took a 180
Yeah it pisses me off when a GSU grad constantly looks for an opportunity to shit on his own school. It pisses me off when a seemingly intelligent fan refuses to recognize the offensive stats the option puts up. How many TDs did UGA have today?
Old 01-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Mean muggin

Quote:
Yeah it pisses me off when a GSU grad constantly looks for an opportunity to shit on his own school. It pisses me off when a seemingly intelligent fan refuses to recognize the offensive stats the option puts up. How many TDs did UGA have today?
One. Hell I'm proud of the way they played. Dropped pass with a minute left put the nail in the coffin. I went to Gsu for a couple of years (stowers years). It really felt like a big high school ball game atmosphere. Just didn't enjoy it. Ended up in Athens (goff/Donnan years). At least the atmosphere was rockin lol!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:27 PM
iHonk

Quote:

Red

I would have like to see Ga pull of the win but the playing time for mason to me was the big thing. I said at the start of this season that next years team would be better. If Ga can stay healthy next season look out!

Mack, don't argue with gsu folks it's a waste of time.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Yeah,...Come' On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PintailM2 View Post
I would have like to see Ga pull of the win but the playing time for mason to me was the big thing. I said at the start of this season that next years team would be better. If Ga can stay healthy next season look out! Mack, don't argue with gsu folks it's a waste of time.
That's the theme every year at UGA. "Next Year"
Old 01-01-2014, 04:33 PM
HNIC

Quote:
Look, I was a Dawg fan long before I ever set foot in Statesboro. That's never going to change. What I don't get is why it's so wrong for me to go to GSU and be a Dawg fan, but GSU fans pull for GT...I guess that's a topic for another thread.

There is a reason very few teams run the option. I think we can all agree the ones that do are not real successful programs at the FBS level. Running up and down the field and putting up 400 rushing yards every game is impressive, however wins are what count. With that said, feel free to post up the teams in the top 25 that run the TO.

The style of offense UGA runs has nothing to do with the loss. Nebraska runs a prostyle offense as well. As far as I'm concerned you can get happy in the same pants you got mad in.

Red

Last edited by Ol' Red : 01-01-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:42 PM
Go dawgs!

As far as I'm concerned you can get happy in the same pants you got mad in.