The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Hunting > Deer Hunting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2018, 07:48 PM
THE PLACE Member

Default Ground blinds?

I'm looking to pick up a couple grounds blinds for deer hunting. These will be used to hold an adult and child in bag chairs and a tripod mounted AR15. I'd like something I could leave up all season. Getting a couple years out of one would be nice.

Is that doable for a couple hundred or less per blind? Thanks.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:57 PM
wannabe sumtin

I got a cheap amerastep dog house 2 man blind and its lasted 3 seasons, I leave it up all season an its a little faded but still wokss fine
Old 05-21-2018, 12:11 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post
I got a cheap amerastep dog house 2 man blind and its lasted 3 seasons, I leave it up all season an its a little faded but still wokss fine
This. Used same Ameristep Doghouse for 10 seasons in Canada weather. I'm sure it would hold up a few seasons if left out all year.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:27 AM
THE PLACE Member

I used a Primos in Illinois and loved it. Has magnetic windows for quiet opening and closing and had plenty of room to draw my bow. Easy to put up with no poles or anything to install in the inside. Can't remember the name except it was a Primos. But it wasn't the real expensive one I see in some ads
Old 05-20-2018, 03:34 PM
THE PLACE Member

I own a few of the cheap ameristep and primos models and there is plenty of room for 2 and equipment. They were all less than a 100 and some on sale for 79.

They can be aggravating to fold up until you learn the right twist to make them go down correctly
Old 05-21-2018, 11:56 AM
Go dawgs!

Don't know anything about them but cabelas has some in the bargain cave. For this price they would be worth taking a chance on.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/barg...1.uts?slotId=2
Old 05-21-2018, 03:51 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arra View Post
Don't know anything about them but cabelas has some in the bargain cave. For this price they would be worth taking a chance on.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/barg...1.uts?slotId=2
With a footprint of 56"x56" it's going to be a tight squeeze.

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Old 05-21-2018, 02:47 PM
THE PLACE Member

Cool. I like cheap!
Old 05-21-2018, 03:04 PM
Pintail is my best good chum

Stay the hell away from the Ameristep Outhouse blind. One time trying to put that son of a bitch back in the bag and you will throw it in the fire.
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Old 05-21-2018, 03:23 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
Stay the hell away from the Ameristep Outhouse blind. One time trying to put that son of a bitch back in the bag and you will throw it in the fire.

When you figure out how to fold it, it takes like 5 seconds
Old 05-21-2018, 07:49 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
I got so pissed off last year with folding one in the rain that by the time all was said and done, I had twisted it up and purposely broke every rod that went through the blind. I had it folded in an L from stomping on the damn thing.

Everybody in the truck was laughing their asses off. I threw it in a dumpster and ended up ordering another kind
Old 05-21-2018, 07:51 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixes View Post
I got so pissed off last year with folding one in the rain that by the time all was said and done, I had twisted it up and purposely broke every rod that went through the blind. I had it folded in an L from stomping on the damn thing.

Everybody in the truck was laughing their asses off. I threw it in a dumpster and ended up ordering another kind
Old 05-22-2018, 08:55 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Quote:

https://youtu.be/bTH42eUNAxk
https://youtu.be/bTH42eUNAxk

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Old 05-24-2018, 03:06 PM
Pintail is my best good chum

Quote:

GT Willie saved mine or I would have mangled it too and burned it at Tin Top I hate that damn thing. It hasnt been back out since and that had to be 7 years ago or more.

And for everyone saying how easy it is, try it sitting down, in a chair, with NO use of your legs whatsoever and get back to me on how easy it is
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Old 05-24-2018, 03:55 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
GT Willie saved mine or I would have mangled it too and burned it at Tin Top I hate that damn thing. It hasnt been back out since and that had to be 7 years ago or more.

And for everyone saying how easy it is, try it sitting down, in a chair, with NO use of your legs whatsoever and get back to me on how easy it is
Now that could be difficult!!