The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > The Sports Page
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2017, 08:57 PM
THE PLACE Member

Default Free vick

I've always been a Vick fan read this letter he wrote about Atlanta and his life. Long but good read.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/mic...super-bowl-li/
Old 02-01-2017, 10:24 PM
THE PLACE Member

Good read. I have watched the Falcons since the early 70s. Some of my best memories is the Vick years. Winning at GB in the snow was just awesome. He was an exciting player to watch. Everyone makes mistakes. I wish him the best!
Old 02-01-2017, 10:48 PM
THE PLACE Member

Yep me too. He obviously loves the Falcons and is repentive . Hope he does well the rest of his life.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:51 PM
THE PLACE Member

Very well written. Nice to see him appreciate what he had and what he lost.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:59 PM
Dammit Bobby

Great read. I stood and cheered for him when he came riding out on the field at halftime
Old 02-02-2017, 05:53 AM
Mean muggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
Yep me too. He obviously loves the Falcons and is repentive . Hope he does well the rest of his life.
According to the GONers people like him need to be shot on the spot. No questions asked. Judge, jury, executioner.
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?...7#post10589847
Old 02-02-2017, 06:51 AM
THE PLACE Member

thanks B, enjoyed it
Old 02-02-2017, 08:23 AM
Pintail is my best good chum

I really enjoyed reading that last night. I too was a big Michael Vick fan and even though he wasnt the best QB or even close, he is likely one of the most exciting athletes Ive ever seen play the game.

Welcome back Mike. Good luck in your future endeavors.
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Old 02-02-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
According to the GONers people like him need to be shot on the spot. No questions asked. Judge, jury, executioner.
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?...7#post10589847
I figured they would roast him in the Sports forum but so far, so good. Fitting subject title too

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=891784
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Old 02-02-2017, 09:23 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
I really enjoyed reading that last night. I too was a big Michael Vick fan and even though he wasnt the best QB or even close, he is likely one of the most exciting athletes Ive ever seen play the game.

Yea, this^^^

Fun, fun to watch
Old 02-02-2017, 01:49 PM
Antler Addict

Quote:

His ride out with Roddie this year was fantastic, both for Atlanta and Vick. His article hits home when he talks about learning of Matt Ryan being drafted. He wanted to be a Falcon, wanted to come back and attempt to make it right. But HE knew then he himself had burned that bridge. Mike should come home and retire a Falcon. He was electric, and we will probably never experience another player at that position with his physical gifts. Its a shame he made a few bad decisions that cost himself and the franchise. But its over now, and as a Falcon's FAN, we have to recognize what an integral part of our recent history he is. Both the good and the bad. He has paid his penance IMO. From the financial losses to his time behind bars. Move along and let it be about the football again.

Last edited by GThunter : 02-02-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GThunter View Post
His ride out with Roddie this year was fantastic, both for Atlanta and Vick. His article hits home when he talks about learning of Matt Ryan being drafted. He wanted to be a Falcon, wanted to come back and attempt to make it right. But HE knew then he himself had burned that bridge. Mike should come home and retire a Falcon. He was electric, and we will probably never experience another player at that position with his physical gifts. Its a shame he made a few bad decisions that cost himself and the franchise. But its over now, and as a Falcon's FAN, we have to recognize what an integral part of our recent history he is. Both the good and the bad.
Agree totally
Old 02-02-2017, 05:30 PM
Dammit Bobby

Quote:
His ride out with Roddie this year was fantastic, both for Atlanta and Vick. His article hits home when he talks about learning of Matt Ryan being drafted. He wanted to be a Falcon, wanted to come back and attempt to make it right. But HE knew then he himself had burned that bridge. Mike should come home and retire a Falcon. He was electric, and we will probably never experience another player at that position with his physical gifts. Its a shame he made a few bad decisions that cost himself and the franchise. But its over now, and as a Falcon's FAN, we have to recognize what an integral part of our recent history he is. Both the good and the bad. He has paid his penance IMO. From the financial losses to his time behind bars. Move along and let it be about the football again.
It got LOUD in the Dome when they came out.

Like you said, he has paid his price. Time to move on.

Only thing that pisses me off is thinking of what he possibly could have done with the right focus back then.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Looks like you shut up the haters on the Sports forum at GON

wonder who that nga guy is
Old 02-03-2017, 05:24 PM
Antler Addict

Quote:
Looks like you shut up the haters on the Sports forum at GON

wonder who that nga guy is
LOL...I found that funny myself.

I was PISSED at Mike back in the day. But I got over it. Anyone who can't has a "them" problem.