The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Hunting > Sporting Dogs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2015, 11:38 AM
Pintail is my best good chum

Default A very fitting tribute to Missy above

Looks great Fatty

RIP Missy. My thoughts are with you Heath. I cant even imagine buddy.
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Old 12-14-2015, 11:45 AM
The ****in Slipknot \m/

Sorry to hear
Old 12-14-2015, 11:53 AM
Dammit Bobby

Thanks Ryan. Great idea you presented.

Sorry to hear about this Heath.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:07 PM
THE PLACE Member

Very sorry to hear about your loss Heath. Missy was a cool dog the few times I met her.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:05 PM
THE PLACE Member

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:12 PM
hummyfried

Sorry for your loss.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:33 PM
Mean muggin

Man it was a tough evening and a tough ride home. Still shocked. She had a good hunt Friday and looked like a million bucks.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:50 PM
Dammit Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
Man it was a tough evening and a tough ride home. Still shocked. She had a good hunt Friday and looked like a million bucks.
Glad you were there to help with a terrible situation.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:53 PM
THE PLACE Member

RIP Missy. I guarantee she's breaking in Heaven right now. But you get as many controlled breaks as you want up there from what I understand.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:56 PM
Mean muggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
Glad you were there to help with a terrible situation.
Seems like yesterday I was in the same terrible situation. Hope I was of some comfort.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:31 PM
#MadeinthemothereffinUSA

Quote:
Seems like yesterday I was in the same terrible situation. Hope I was of some comfort.
You were. Again I appreciate everything you did for us this weekend. I'll let you tell the story about her last retrieve. I'm sure it will be more entertaining coming from Nr. Jim than me.

Thanks guys for the kind words and thoughts. It truly does suck. It's as bad as losing a family member.

Thanks again, Fatty and Gimp, for the nice tribute. It means a lot.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:12 PM
I'd rather be hunting

I am sure she is breaking like Blaine said...but it is to fetch a banded bird. Bitches love bling
Old 12-15-2015, 07:50 AM
Mean muggin

Well it was slow on the below the shop hole. We had killed 1 mallard Drake. You know it's bad when you are begging shovelers to come to the spread. We had a lone Drake spoonie light about 60 yards from the pit, couple pop shots and a lone pellet pierced his head. He ended up sailing about 200 yards out. After a couple of "controlled" breaks, heath had to send her on a blind to get the duck. Missy nailed the blind over a couple of levees that were pretty strong factors that would have sent a lot of dogs on the wrong path. On her way back, she decided it was best to travel the top of the levee with some wing over her eyes. Slightly blinded and more deafened by the water splashing, she carried the duck about 150 yards past us directly to the 4 wheelers, which were parked on the end of the levee that she took. Once at the 4 wheeler, she could hear the whistles and commenced to bring the duck back to the pit. We all got a good laugh out of it as it seemed to cover about 15 minutes of an otherwise dull sit in our pit.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:22 AM
Dammit Bobby

Quote:
Well it was slow on the below the shop hole. We had killed 1 mallard Drake. You know it's bad when you are begging shovelers to come to the spread. We had a lone Drake spoonie light about 60 yards from the pit, couple pop shots and a lone pellet pierced his head. He ended up sailing about 200 yards out. After a couple of "controlled" breaks, heath had to send her on a blind to get the duck. Missy nailed the blind over a couple of levees that were pretty strong factors that would have sent a lot of dogs on the wrong path. On her way back, she decided it was best to travel the top of the levee with some wing over her eyes. Slightly blinded and more deafened by the water splashing, she carried the duck about 150 yards past us directly to the 4 wheelers, which were parked on the end of the levee that she took. Once at the 4 wheeler, she could hear the whistles and commenced to bring the duck back to the pit. We all got a good laugh out of it as it seemed to cover about 15 minutes of an otherwise dull sit in our pit.

I reckon she figured if it was so bad y'all were stooping to shoot spoonie's it was time to go.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:05 AM
THE PLACE Member

Good work Fatty. Missy was pretty well known around our place and my parent's house. I'm sure she is breaking in heaven but in my mostly ignorant opinion she always shined more in the field than at tests. Although she earned her name Pissy many times, she could also pull off some miracle retrieves.

1. For some reason the first thing I thought of was her first hunt in MO which was awesome

2. playing teen runaway a few years ago. I had to give her the talk about making her friends and family worry and the dangers of teen pregnancy.

3.I also remember her as a puppy when ya'll came home from LA and brought her to Warren's for the cookout. Babies and puppies.

4. The night in that west MO fish camp when she went bed hopping and I kicked her out of my bed and she was Pissy with me the next day. I think it was the night of:

5. the gadwall (and corn field pond) slaughter when we all split up and then killed everything in the state. Good thing you had her since the "guide" didn't have a dog and she got a 4 man limit that morning in FREEZING water. I was just happy to not be on that rickety boat.

6. She was also there for Kyle M when that duck I shot hit him in the face and knocked him down.

7. Feeding her and the other dogs (especially Wrangler) at all the cookouts even though I knew I shouldn't... but your dogs love me.

8. Getting up and walking away when someone she didn't know well assumed she wanted lots of petting

9. Trying to sit in my lap when I took the front seat.

10. You and Missy trusting me to run her hunting and her running for Jake at a test at Joe's. Her trusting me to hop in the boat when I would run back up river to get more people or gear on shuttle runs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010-12-24 09.17.50 (Custom).jpg (29.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 2009-12-22 08.34.50 (Custom).jpg (48.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 2010-12-28 11.11.59 (Custom).jpg (42.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-01-13 09.35.38 (Custom).jpg (58.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-11-12 13.12.12 (Custom).jpg (138.3 KB, 38 views)