The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Hunting > Hunters Journal
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2008, 06:14 AM
mine ain't cute either

Default ..............

.............Thursday, October 16am...........just hunted for a few hours before heading to Piedmont...........couple of small 8 points at 805am..........................Sunday, October 19am...........2 does at first light, an 8 and a 6 point a little after 8, and a nice 15 inch 8 point at 1115am........had seen all these bucks before..........Sunday, October 19pm.......5 big gobblers, about 25 hens, and a ton of grey and fox squirrels...........no deer.....oops......except for the spike and 2 does in Sara's driveway when I got home.......
Old 10-21-2008, 05:45 AM
mine ain't cute either

Default .............

.........October 20, Monday>.......killed 7 squirrels real quick, then went to get some freezer meat at the 6 acre alfalfa field bait plot..........Sara's little boy Jake was with me........9 antlerless deer came out about 3 minutes after we settled in against a big oak tree..........about 110 yards........killed one, and the others bolted..one stopped to look back.......big mistake, hammered that one at about 200 yards.........both dropped in their tracks...........the one 1.5 year old weighed 110!!!.......a real good weight for our neck of the woods!!!........before we started QDM and whacked the herd back, most of our 1.5 year old does weighed about 75 pounds..........got home from the processors and there were 7 in Sara's driveway eatin' Sawtooth acorns..........
Old 10-21-2008, 05:55 AM
mine ain't cute either

Default ..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by boinky View Post
Yeh........and you had to break the boys finger just to go huntin'...
....more like crushed it...........
Old 10-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Uncle BunBun

Congratulations John!!!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 04:46 PM
mine ain't cute either

Default ..........

....October 22 (Sara's Birthday)...........morning:.............didn't see a deer till 10am, then saw 5 between 10 and 1015................six point at 10, fawn at 1005, 8 point at 1012, and a doe with fawn at 1015...........all came from different directions.............stayed in the tree till 1115.......then went and helped Etter drag out his rabbit............I mean doe.......
Old 10-24-2008, 07:55 AM
mine ain't cute either

Default ...........

......October 23, Thursday pm..............wellllllll chit.................some bad luck........... I see a nice 4 1/2 year old lookin buck moving through the clear cut re-growth.........comes to the electric fence............right now, he's about 70 yards...........10 point around 135-140........I click the release on, 'cause I know he's comin' to the white oaks on the edge of the pasture................sucker calmly turns around and walks back into the thicket....................WTF??????.... ............I slowly turn my head, ...........and half the dammm cows on the farm are out there eatin acorns .........they stayed till dark..............now I've seen plenty of deer browsing with cows.......but not rubbin' shoulders with 'em....................at least I know he's there, and has NO IDEA I am...........
Old 10-24-2008, 08:05 AM
mine ain't cute either

Default ..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by boinky View Post
Sounds like a nice buck!!! Good luck gettin' him CD!
..thanks, bud...........maybe next time we get a east wind.........
Old 10-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Foot in mouth

Good luck Bud!
Old 10-24-2008, 03:44 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon dawg View Post
......October 23, Thursday pm..............wellllllll chit.................some bad luck........... I see a nice 4 1/2 year old lookin buck moving through the clear cut re-growth.........comes to the electric fence............right now, he's about 70 yards...........10 point around 135-140........I click the release on, 'cause I know he's comin' to the white oaks on the edge of the pasture................sucker calmly turns around and walks back into the thicket....................WTF??????.... ............I slowly turn my head, ...........and half the dammm cows on the farm are out there eatin acorns .........they stayed till dark..............now I've seen plenty of deer browsing with cows.......but not rubbin' shoulders with 'em....................at least I know he's there, and has NO IDEA I am...........
He will be back and so will you! Good luck
Old 10-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Shady Acres Farm & kennel

Quote:
Sweet! Get'em Coony!
I guess I need to learn not to be so blunt, honest, and to the point. Some people would rather me animate prevications so I may inspire ones distorted fantasy of what their preception of reality really is, per say.

Shmelton
Old 10-27-2008, 05:36 AM
mine ain't cute either

Default ................

.October 24, Friday pm..........nice 8 point chasing a doe, looked like a 2 1/2, then a single doe just before dark...................October 25, Saturday am...........nothin but some turkeys and one coyote.......he's dead................October 25, Saturday pm..........a 16 inch 3 1/2 year old and a 14 inch 2 1/2 year old right at dark, they were together.........October 26, Sunday am........saw the buck from Friday evening at 830am, trotting along like he was headed to check some scrapes...........October 26, Sunday pm..........2 does and a fawn at 630pm..........perty good weekend........need another EAST wind, though.........
Old 01-02-2009, 08:16 AM
mine ain't cute either

Default ............

.......yada yada yada........................end result...........killed 8 does, let a BUNCH of 115-130 class bucks walk......saw the monster I was after twice, didn't have an ethical shot.............great season
Old 01-02-2009, 08:26 AM
Don't Ban Me AGAIN Bro!!!

Quote:
.......yada yada yada........................end result...........killed 8 does, let a BUNCH of 115-130 class bucks walk......saw the monster I was after twice, didn't have an ethical shot.............great season
Alot to be said for that John. I have passed up some shooters as well due to not having a shot I felt comfortable with. It's not easy to do always, but it IS the right thing to do.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:17 AM
mine ain't cute either

Default ,...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR3 View Post
Alot to be said for that John. I have passed up some shooters as well due to not having a shot I felt comfortable with. It's not easy to do always, but it IS the right thing to do.
..yup...it took real restraint............the one time it was too thick.........the other he was clearly across the property line............if I was a lyin', poachin SOB he'd be at the taxidermist....had a clear shot.........when he crossed the property line it was too thick to shoot...........he's still out there, though.....

Last edited by coon dawg : 01-06-2009 at 06:35 AM.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:53 PM
THE PLACE Member

who cares