Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2016, 02:57 PM
THE PLACE Member

Falcons will be in Superbowl
Old 09-19-2016, 04:39 PM
Mean muggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
Hope they keep it up. Ryan looks good right now. As long as he doesn't have a repeat of last year.

Also have to admit, OC called a good game yesterday. Raiders are a good team, but they didn't have a clue what was coming next on those last couple of drives.
Or a repeat of last game (bucs). One bad one, one good one. I'm pulling for him (and them) but he's gotta little ways to go before I say I'm impressed.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:03 PM
THE PLACE Member

Ryan is fine. I'm worried about our lack of a pass rush. The QB had eternity to throw most plays
Old 09-19-2016, 07:43 PM
Antler Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
Ryan is fine. I'm worried about our lack of a pass rush. The QB had eternity to throw most plays
This
Old 09-19-2016, 08:15 PM
Antler Addict

Quote:
Hope they keep it up. Ryan looks good right now. As long as he doesn't have a repeat of last year.

Also have to admit, OC called a good game yesterday. Raiders are a good team, but they didn't have a clue what was coming next on those last couple of drives.
OC called a good game because they ran no huddle when they should have in the second half and Ryan called the plays. The first half play calling was terrible. I saw Julio lose his mind on the sidelines after that 2nd failed trip to the red zone coming away with a FG. Get inside the 20 after throwing it 6 times down the field, and call 2 runs plays on 1st and 2nd down. Then forced into a 3rd and long pass play. This is NOT a recipe for success. I really enjoyed seeing that no huddle offense again. That is Matt's bread and butter. Always has been. He is the best QB Shanahan has ever had...he better learn to let Matt do his thing and make him look good rather than micro-manage every aspect of what is called. I do believe that corner was turned this week. 8 different receivers last week, 9 different this week...that is spreading the wealth.

Ryan looks more comfortable in this offense now. Even his footwork in the rollout passes is impressive. The way he turns his body now to make the downfield throws on the run just looks more fluid. This is all something he had to learn to perfect. Last year he looked like me out there on a lot of those rollouts.

Look at the receiving corp depth chart. EVERY position across the board got an upgrade. Last year's starting TE is now the 3rd stringer. Last year's 2nd WR is sitting in the suits watching because NO ONE in the NFL wants him. Our new #2 is capable of being a number 1 if he had to. Sanu's fight is what I am most impressed with. Our last year 4th WR isn't even on the team. And 2 young guns that can flat burn it.

Coleman IMO is the best back on the football team. I just like the way the kid plays. Freeman is too indecisive and always seems to take the outside route. Coleman will roll down the hill. And notice he has learned to block and catch the ball...the days of defenses knowing run/pass based on which back is in the game are over. We have two RBs who can start in the NFL sharing duties. That's a win.

The defense still has no pass rush and Quinn's offense is predicated on 4 man front getting pressure. He does not like to send blitzes. That may be a forced change in another few games. Beasley isn't getting it done...Freeny looks like a shell of his old self, and the DTs aren't quite strong and physical enough to push the Guards and Center into the QB. Trufant is still the man on defense. He was on Amari Cooper all day and did a fantastic job only letting him catch 5 balls. If going into the game you had told me Cooper would have 5 catches I would have told you that you had lost your mind. Trufant can play. Once Keanu Neal gets back I think we may see the LB's freed up a bit more to send the extra defender. But as of right now they simply don't have the amount of talent on defense to get the job done. With Campbell, Reed and Neal out...arguably 3 of the best 5 defenders on the team weren't in Oakland this weekend. Its sad but yes...2 rookies are in the top 5 of our best defenders. This was a great win.

New Orleans on Monday next week gives the extra day for those guys to heal up, but that Super Dome is going to be a tough place to play. Always is. Should be a high flying, high scoring game. We should win against NO as their D is pretty damn bad. They better win in NO, because it will probably be week 7 before they have a chance to win another game.

Last edited by GThunter : 09-19-2016 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:20 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GThunter View Post
OC called a good game because they ran no huddle when they should have in the second half and Ryan called the plays. The first half play calling was terrible. I saw Julio lose his mind on the sidelines after that 2nd failed trip to the red zone coming away with a FG. Get inside the 20 after throwing it 6 times down the field, and call 2 runs plays on 1st and 2nd down. Then forced into a 3rd and long pass play. This is NOT a recipe for success. I really enjoyed seeing that no huddle offense again. That is Matt's bread and butter. Always has been. He is the best QB Shanahan has ever had...he better learn to let Matt do his thing and make him look good rather than micro-manage every aspect of what is called. I do believe that corner was turned this week. 8 different receivers last week, 9 different this week...that is spreading the wealth.

Ryan looks more comfortable in this offense now. Even his footwork in the rollout passes is impressive. The way he turns his body now to make the downfield throws on the run just looks more fluid. This is all something he had to learn to perfect. Last year he looked like me out there on a lot of those rollouts.

Look at the receiving corp depth chart. EVERY position across the board got an upgrade. Last year's starting TE is now the 3rd stringer. Last year's 2nd WR is sitting in the suits watching because NO ONE in the NFL wants him. Our new #2 is capable of being a number 1 if he had to. Sanu's fight is what I am most impressed with. Our last year 4th WR isn't even on the team. And 2 young guns that can flat burn it.

Coleman IMO is the best back on the football team. I just like the way the kid plays. Freeman is too indecisive and always seems to take the outside route. Coleman will roll down the hill. And notice he has learned to block and catch the ball...the days of defenses knowing run/pass based on which back is in the game are over. We have two RBs who can start in the NFL sharing duties. That's a win.

The defense still has no pass rush and Quinn's offense is predicated on 4 man front getting pressure. He does not like to send blitzes. That may be a forced change in another few games. Beasley isn't getting it done...Freeny looks like a shell of his old self, and the DTs aren't quite strong and physical enough to push the Guards and Center into the QB. Trufant is still the man on defense. He was on Amari Cooper all day and did a fantastic job only letting him catch 5 balls. If going into the game you had told me Cooper would have 5 catches I would have told you that you had lost your mind. Trufant can play. Once Keanu Neal gets back I think we may see the LB's freed up a bit more to send the extra defender. But as of right now they simply don't have the amount of talent on defense to get the job done. With Campbell, Reed and Neal out...arguably 3 of the best 5 defenders on the team weren't in Oakland this weekend. Its sad but yes...2 rookies are in the top 5 of our best defenders. This was a great win.

New Orleans on Monday next week gives the extra day for those guys to heal up, but that Super Dome is going to be a tough place to play. Always is. Should be a high flying, high scoring game. We should win against NO as their D is pretty damn bad. They better win in NO, because it will probably be week 7 before they have a chance to win another game.
Who ever set up the Falcons schedule this year needs their arse kicked. one of the toughest schedules in the league
Old 09-20-2016, 06:38 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:

Yep. I agree with most all of that. Coleman impressed me the most. Totally different back than last year. I wasn't blown away with his ability last year but now I see why the coaches were high on him. Hard runner.

Beasley is a bust. I think he's had plenty of time to prove otherwise. There are not even "flashes" of solid potential. I was watching him Sunday, terrible. Once he tried a inside spin move and fell flat on his face, the OL just fell on top of him and kept him there. Write him off and move on in next years draft.

Right now, they have the worst pass rush in the NFL. At least from the teams I've watched. They get very little pressure when they do blitz. I'm sure that is from not having to double team anyone on the DL so a blocker is always free if needed. All of that said, the D does a decent job with what they have, they just don't have a lot.

I can tell Ryan has worked his butt off to adjust to the OC. He makes the throw on the run 10x better than last year. He just looks more comfortable. He still scares me in the red zone though. He threw 1 pic in the end zone and that last tipped ball could have picked just as easy as it was caught by the WR. He has to get better there.

As for next week, Brees isn't the player he was a few years ago, but if they give him as much time as Carr had, he will light them up like a Christmas tree.

Last edited by Duff : 09-20-2016 at 06:47 AM.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:55 AM
Antler Addict

Quote:

As for next week, Brees isn't the player he was a few years ago, but if they give him as much time as Carr had, he will light them up like a Christmas tree.
He will have all day. He will light them up. But our offense will do the same to them. It will be a high scoring affair.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:31 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
He will have all day. He will light them up. But our offense will do the same to them. It will be a high scoring affair.
I pick Falcons in this one 35-31
Old 09-21-2016, 10:00 AM
Antler Addict

They never seem to turn out like you think. I say Falcons win 30-24 in OT

It'll either be a nail biter in the 20s like that or the Falcons will smash them and score 40+ Like 41-27. I just don't see NO being able to drop 35+

Last edited by GThunter : 09-21-2016 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:44 PM
THE PLACE Member

I think ice has also played very well in the first 2 games except the redzone interception, but our linebackers are depleting very fast. I will go falcons 36 Saints 28 I just hope we get the win. If we mix the no huddle in and get healthy on defense we could cause some trouble for some good teams.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:12 PM
THE PLACE Member

Brady will be back in two weeks!
Old 02-06-2017, 09:46 AM
THE PLACE Member

bump for gimpy..........