The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > The Sports Page
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 08-15-2016, 09:03 PM
Quickdraw's Avatar
Quickdraw Quickdraw is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Milledgeville
Posts: 35,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GThunter View Post
I am worried your scenario above is taking place as well. I am really really scared the Shanahan hire is the single thing that is going to stop this team's progress. I really really really like Dan Quinn. He HAS to know Shanahan and his hard lined system is not going to work with this QB straight up. So I hope a come to jesus meeting took place this offseason. Word is Shanahan and Ryan had many meetings during the spring. Just the 2 of them. And following the end of those meetings, Matt took the entire offense minus the line down to Florida for 2 weeks where they worked out and practiced daily. We will see if that pays off. In a new offense...reps, reps, reps is what matters most.

But also keep in mind, this offense is predicated on the run game...not Matt Ryan's arm. As good as Freeman was stats wise last year they rarely established the run game. Which put the ball in Matt's hands on known passing downs and a practice squad center became the focus of the defense. Not a good situation to be in...for any QB. I don't think Ryan/Shanahan offensive success fully centers around Matt's arm and his connection with his WRs. I think a revamped O-Line that keeps us out of 3rd and long with the run game equates to a serious offense change from 2015.
I really think Tevin Coleman is going to have a great season. Might put up more yards than Freeman if he stays healthy
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-01-2016, 07:24 PM
Quickdraw's Avatar
Quickdraw Quickdraw is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Milledgeville
Posts: 35,205
Default

Mckissic the rookie WR for the Falcons looks great tonight. I think he makes this team
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-02-2016, 10:26 AM
ngabowhunter's Avatar
ngabowhunter ngabowhunter is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
Mckissic the rookie WR for the Falcons looks great tonight. I think he makes this team
I have been impressed with Mckissic also, didnt know he was a WR. I watched the south carolina game.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-02-2016, 11:43 AM
GThunter's Avatar
GThunter GThunter is offline
Antler Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In the woods.
Posts: 15,514
Default

Coach has some decisions to make at WR. Nick Williams had some drops that could leave him off this team. And Weims has looked great in special teams. I like McKissic and Robinson...but not sure where they fit in the roster count. Especially with Neal down and a new Safety needed.
__________________
"Luck is where Opportunity meets Preparation"
BUT
"Sometimes its better to be lucky than good"
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-08-2016, 07:41 PM
ngabowhunter's Avatar
ngabowhunter ngabowhunter is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7,320
Default

Hey fellas read some of our old post before the first game, I am a loser and happy about it,I could not find more than 7 or 8 wins, I see 10 now I think.
Some pretty funny stuff
I hope trufant is ok, it don't look good they won't a 2nd opinion. I hope the defense continues to get better. I am pretty sure we come up short of playing in the super bowl, man I sure would like to see us in the NFC Chamoionship!!!!!

Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-08-2016, 09:01 PM
GThunter's Avatar
GThunter GThunter is offline
Antler Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In the woods.
Posts: 15,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngabowhunter View Post
Hey fellas read some of our old post before the first game, I am a loser and happy about it,I could not find more than 7 or 8 wins, I see 10 now I think.
Some pretty funny stuff
I hope trufant is ok, it don't look good they won't a 2nd opinion. I hope the defense continues to get better. I am pretty sure we come up short of playing in the super bowl, man I sure would like to see us in the NFC Chamoionship!!!!!

10 wins will win the NFC South and get us in. The defense is the achilles heal. The matchup in the playoffs will decide how far we go. I'm all in. I don't expect a SB win, but I can assure you whoever we play from here on in is freaking out about how to stop Ryan and his washed up past his prime playing days.

Our depth at many key positions is still critical. Trufant is a huge loss...the offense is a Julio, Ryan, Mack, Matthews injury away from disaster.
__________________
"Luck is where Opportunity meets Preparation"
BUT
"Sometimes its better to be lucky than good"
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-06-2017, 09:21 AM
bouncy bouncy is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GThunter View Post
10 wins will win the NFC South and get us in. The defense is the achilles heal. The matchup in the playoffs will decide how far we go. I'm all in. I don't expect a SB win, but I can assure you whoever we play from here on in is freaking out about how to stop Ryan and his washed up past his prime playing days.

Our depth at many key positions is still critical. Trufant is a huge loss...the offense is a Julio, Ryan, Mack, Matthews injury away from disaster.
Another year I guess........
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-06-2017, 09:27 AM
Gimp's Avatar
Gimp Gimp is offline
Pintail is my best good chum
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Da projects
Posts: 40,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncy View Post
Another year I guess........
Or 19
__________________
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-06-2017, 09:31 AM
bouncy bouncy is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
Or 19
Probably so.......
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.