The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Hunting > Lease
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2008, 06:33 AM
THE PLACE Member

Default W. Kentucky hunting club

I recently acquired another 550 ac. tract of land in Christian county KY just outside of Crofton. Looking for 3 members @ $1,500 each for season 5 members total which includes myself and my buddy. Property consists of 65-70%hardwoods balance in CRP fields. Surrounding farms have soybean and corn crops (NO PINE TREES). This area consistently produces trophy bucks from the 140+ class up. I already have 2000 acres that adjoin this tract that have been trophy managed for 10 years. Rules very simple 140" + only, no guests. KY hunting bow season starts first weekend in Sept. has a 2 day early muzzleload in Oct., 2 week firearm season in NOV. 1 week late muzzleload in Dec. season goes out around 20 of Jan. Also I would consider making this tract bow hunt only if that what other 3 would like to do.

Old 07-16-2008, 06:57 AM
THE PLACE Member

Man, that is a deal Chuck!!!!!!!!

I got a few leads myself on hunting up there this year..........

I'm looking forward to it.........

Good Luck brotha!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 08:12 AM
Dammit Bobby

Good luck man...That looks nice up there
Old 07-16-2008, 06:21 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT2 View Post
Man, that is a deal Chuck!!!!!!!!

I got a few leads myself on hunting up there this year..........

I'm looking forward to it.........

Good Luck brotha!!!!!!
I'm looking forward to it also, I was up there 2 1/2 weeks ago feeding everybody was poor mouthing about how they needed rain. Last year (in the big drought) corn did not make, much less soybean. Well since then I returned last weekend and it had rained 7" inches in two weeks corn looks like its grown 2' taller and is now making tassels ,soybean is looking good. I'm glad for the farmers. It also means more food sources for the deer! (healthier deer). I put out another 2000 pounds of feed/protein pellets. Now I am getting excited about hunting season approaching. Next trip we will be doing some bush hogging, getting the house completely set up. This lease is kind of a late season acquisition. But as we all know it is hard to pass up good hunting grounds. Thanks, Chuck
Old 07-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Banned

Thats ME (Hogguide) on the left in the last picture. I am also "Deerguide" when in Kentucky during deer season.

A Few Kentucky Bucks for the last couple of years off Chucks leases.
Hogguide
Old 07-18-2008, 02:51 AM
THE PLACE Member

Let me add that I also hunt up on one of Chucks other leases right down the road --- awsome land ,big bucks , in a laid back area with nothing but friendly folks around . Id rather go to Ky than IL anyday of the week and I been going to the mid west for yrs now hunting big bucks .

Here is a shed from one of the leases in this yr -- 160 class and small dead buck Chuck and I found this spring -- this was a young buck 120'' . I have seen some very nice bucks riding around the leases with Chuck this summer .
If your looking for a great hunting opp for a chance at taking a truly great buck here it is , give the man a call .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ky deer 004.jpg (25.4 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg ky deer 002.jpg (43.2 KB, 147 views)

Last edited by short stop : 07-18-2008 at 02:54 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:31 PM
THE PLACE Member

Thats ME (Hogguide) on the left in the last picture. I am also "Deerguide" when in Kentucky during deer season.

Hogguide is also a very accomplished "deerguide" but we always called him "SUPERGUIDE". Tommy and KY go together where do you think "Feed them and they will come" came from. Look forward to seeing you KY this year, Chuck
Old 07-18-2008, 06:36 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by short stop View Post
Let me add that I also hunt up on one of Chucks other leases right down the road --- awsome land ,big bucks , in a laid back area with nothing but friendly folks around . Id rather go to Ky than IL anyday of the week and I been going to the mid west for yrs now hunting big bucks .

Here is a shed from one of the leases in this yr -- 160 class and small dead buck Chuck and I found this spring -- this was a young buck 120'' . I have seen some very nice bucks riding around the leases with Chuck this summer .
If your looking for a great hunting opp for a chance at taking a truly great buck here it is , give the man a call .
Thanks, Shortstop,
I'm really looking forward to getting up there and hunting. This has been a long summer of feeding and getting eat up by the ticks. I think things seem to be coming together on the farms now, the housing, and the guys hunting up there. Looking forward to hanging some stands on the new farms next week and Looking forward to a good hunting season!, Chuck
Old 07-25-2008, 01:47 PM
THE PLACE Member

I turkey hunted on Chucks farms this year and saw more deer than you can imagine! The deer were almost getting in the way while I was trying to kill some longbeards. Great place to score on a real trophy buck for sure
Old 08-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Banned

We are headed back up there on Thursday thru Saturday this week to fill up feeders, check cameras, bushog some roads and bring my New John Deere Tractor home.
Would be happy to show anyone around that is interested.
Hogguide

Old 08-14-2008, 05:41 AM
THE PLACE Member

Default updated pictures from last weekend

Had some work to do last weekend as you can see. I bushhogged good paths around my fields/woods. Opened up some areas. The fields get real tall during the summer months and I always bushhog 3-4 weeks before bowseason opens it allows the clover that is in the field to come back strong and provides a natural food source. BTW the turkey feasted on the crickets and bugs last week also. 50% of all the fields on my farms will be cut in mid september. We try to follow the guidelines the state has on this by bushhoggin a row 24' wide then skipping 24' then continuing throughout the entire farm/field like this. It is suppose to provide just enough cover for the quail, turkey, dove, deer.

Here are some trailcam pics as well from last weekend

Old 09-29-2013, 07:48 PM
THE PLACE Member

some good land scammers in this thread...
Old 09-29-2013, 07:49 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckychuck View Post
I recently acquired another 550 ac. tract of land in Christian county KY just outside of Crofton. Looking for 3 members @ $1,500 each for season 5 members total which includes myself and my buddy. Property consists of 65-70%hardwoods balance in CRP fields. Surrounding farms have soybean and corn crops (NO PINE TREES). This area consistently produces trophy bucks from the 140+ class up. I already have 2000 acres that adjoin this tract that have been trophy managed for 10 years. Rules very simple 140" + only, no guests. KY hunting bow season starts first weekend in Sept. has a 2 day early muzzleload in Oct., 2 week firearm season in NOV. 1 week late muzzleload in Dec. season goes out around 20 of Jan. Also I would consider making this tract bow hunt only if that what other 3 would like to do.

lol, is that kyle moody in this pic with the turkey?
Old 10-05-2013, 09:37 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
lol, is that kyle moody in this pic with the turkey?
Yep. Didn't come from the tract being discussed in this thread