The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > Shooting The Bull
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2018, 04:31 AM
THE PLACE Member

Default Baiting

I can't believe the people get all bent out of shape about it. I don't remember folks in southern zone getting their panties in a wad. Do you?
Old 05-25-2018, 05:48 AM
Gone Hunting

Its the holier than you group. Better ethics, better morals, and of course, protecting our wildlife by prevent CWD....
Old 05-25-2018, 06:07 AM
The ****in Slipknot \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncy View Post
I can't believe the people get all bent out of shape about it. I don't remember folks in southern zone getting their panties in a wad. Do you?
Maybe some that hunt in the southern zone are getting a little bent about it....

and go!
Old 05-25-2018, 07:04 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
Maybe some that hunt in the southern zone are getting a little bent about it....

and go!
I don't have a dog in this fight jimmygee......

I don't care if it banned statewide........if feeding is really a problem you would think they would ban it statewide.......but I'm just an internet biologist....
Old 05-25-2018, 07:16 AM
Mean muggin

I'll do what I want when I want.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:23 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
I'll do what I want when I want.
When baiting in the southern zone was illegal many folks did it......I know lawyers, doctors and judges would bait....it was very effective!

It is nowhere near as effective as it was! Both the bucks I killed were not over corn.......I saw 3 mature bucks after I tagged out........no corn in sight!

It is effective at the end of the season and during the rut to bring in the does....

Do what makes you happy JB!
Old 05-25-2018, 07:59 AM
THE PLACE Member

I could care less either way. Only hunted over corn a few times and never had much luck. I hunt the southern zone a few times every year and have plenty of luck without hunting near corn, even though there is bait on the same property and surrounding properties.

Just something for people to gripe about
Old 05-25-2018, 08:01 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
I could care less either way. Only hunted over corn a few times and never had much luck. I hunt the southern zone a few times every year and have plenty of luck without hunting near corn, even though there is bait on the same property and surrounding properties.

Just something for people to gripe about
Do what makes you happy Duffyb............
Old 05-25-2018, 11:14 AM
THE PLACE Member

I've said it over there before, but they are just arguing over 200 yards. It's legal to bait now in the northern zone.

I don't like the fact that within 5 miles of my lease, you have no 200 yard rule and no possibility of being cited for hunting too close. We've ran feeders for years and our stands are legal other than walking in or out.

I hunt some in the southern zone and the only difference I see is that the deer that come to the feed.will normally present a lot better shot than deer just walking by, late in the year, it might make a difference but where we hunt, by then the deer are hammering the winter wheat and cover crop that has been planted. Just as easy to kill one in a field eating as it is feeding on corn.

I think it would make early bucks easier to see in bow season but by October, I doubt it would help
Old 05-25-2018, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator Supervisor

It’s bullshit..... CWD confirmed in Mississippi.... **** it... Let’s just legalize baiting statewide. It needs to be banned statewide.... Maybe when CWD is confirmed here, they will ban it.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:38 PM
wannabe sumtin

I could care less what other folks do or don't do, but is sho is fun calling the pro bait crowd across the creek ...non-huntin amateurs who don't know how to hunt.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:56 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncy View Post
Do what makes you happy Duffyb............
I will. And hunting over bait ainít it
Old 05-25-2018, 04:05 PM
The ****in Slipknot \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyT View Post
Itís bullshit..... CWD confirmed in Mississippi.... **** it... Letís just legalize baiting statewide. It needs to be banned statewide.... Maybe when CWD is confirmed here, they will ban it.
How does corn or protein pellets cause this?
Old 05-25-2018, 04:50 PM
Mean muggin

It better when it's illegal. That way the corn I put out attracts more deer because there won't be near as much put out by the folks who are scared. Definitely better for me when it's a banned substance.
Why is cwd a concern when people feed deer 9 months out of the year and stop for 3 months? Or the folks who don't hunt but feed deer in their back yard year round? Can deer only contract it during hunting season?
Old 05-25-2018, 05:00 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
It better when it's illegal. That way the corn I put out attracts more deer because there won't be near as much put out by the folks who are scared. Definitely better for me when it's a banned substance.
Why is cwd a concern when people feed deer 9 months out of the year and stop for 3 months? Or the folks who don't hunt but feed deer in their back yard year round? Can deer only contract it during hunting season?
Yes