The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Hunting > Small Game and Feathers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-07-2019, 09:42 AM
ssramage's Avatar
ssramage ssramage is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SSI
Posts: 15,646
Default Dubs

Good luck to everyone today! Dawson and I are setup at the Perry Dove Field again.
__________________
Should've got a crew cab...and a jon boat.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-07-2019, 12:01 PM
gaswamp gaswamp is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 73
Default

gonna be hot afternoon
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-07-2019, 12:08 PM
ssramage's Avatar
ssramage ssramage is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SSI
Posts: 15,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaswamp View Post
gonna be hot afternoon
Oh it sucks... weíre off the field cooling in the truck right now. The birds arenít flying well because itís so hot.
__________________
Should've got a crew cab...and a jon boat.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-08-2019, 01:34 PM
ssramage's Avatar
ssramage ssramage is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SSI
Posts: 15,646
Default

Well yesterday was brutal to say the least... hunted the same spot as last year where I limited but the shooting was SLOW. Never even pulled the trigger until 3:00. Me and Dawson toughed it out, figuring shooting would pick up later in the evening. Scratched out 5 birds from 5:30-6, and then the heat suddenly caught up with me...nauseous, pounding headache, dizziness and feeling like I was going to blackout. We left the birds flying and got to the AC. Never had the heat get me like that. Weird feeling for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-08-2019, 02:28 PM
Sixes's Avatar
Sixes Sixes is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sixes
Posts: 17,969
Default

Those were early signs of heat stroke.

Did you quit sweating? If you did, you were getting in worse shape than you realized.

I don't think you can drink enough water on those kind of days.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-08-2019, 06:35 PM
ssramage's Avatar
ssramage ssramage is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SSI
Posts: 15,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixes View Post
Those were early signs of heat stroke.

Did you quit sweating? If you did, you were getting in worse shape than you realized.

I don't think you can drink enough water on those kind of days.
Never quit sweating (that I realized) but it took me 45 minutes with AC blasting to start feeling better. We drank a bunch of water yesterday too which is why it caught me off guard. We took a cooler full of water/Gatorade and drank every bit of it. Had to do a couple things outside today and could tell I was still sensitive to the heat.
__________________
Should've got a crew cab...and a jon boat.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-08-2019, 07:45 PM
JamesG's Avatar
JamesG JamesG is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 35,651
Default

It was definitely hot af. Started off on my club. Shot three, found one. Went over to West point. Slow on the field I was on. Hit three, found two.
__________________
This deli tray is unacceptable!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-09-2019, 01:45 PM
Dustin Pate's Avatar
Dustin Pate Dustin Pate is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
It was definitely hot af. Started off on my club. Shot three, found one. Went over to West point. Slow on the field I was on. Hit three, found two.
Which field did you go to? We were on the big back field. Had good action from 3 until 6:45. Ended up with 12 and a couple I couldn't find in the bushes. It was brutally hot. I probably went through 2 large sports drinks and who knows how much water.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-09-2019, 02:04 PM
JamesG's Avatar
JamesG JamesG is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 35,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Pate View Post
Which field did you go to? We were on the big back field. Had good action from 3 until 6:45. Ended up with 12 and a couple I couldn't find in the bushes. It was brutally hot. I probably went through 2 large sports drinks and who knows how much water.
Middle field on the right. Could hear ya'll tearing it up. Birds that made through the middle field were on ya'll across the holler in just a few seconds. Must've been a big group of folks on that end. I was there bout 2pm to just after six. Seemed like it picking up when i got back to the truck, but i was done.
__________________
This deli tray is unacceptable!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-09-2019, 08:19 PM
PintailM2's Avatar
PintailM2 PintailM2 is offline
iHonk
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ila Ga
Posts: 8,638
Default

Not many dubs around anymore. I’m not wasting my time. I watched football and drank beers.
__________________
Would you look at that....... Just look at it!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-09-2019, 09:13 PM
Duff's Avatar
Duff Duff is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PintailM2 View Post
Not many dubs around anymore. Iím not wasting my time. I watched football and drank beers.
Thatís not a good attitude buds.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-10-2019, 10:52 AM
bouncy bouncy is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 4,421
Default

We killed 40 or so on the club. We had 4 people hunting

The neighbors killed 70 or so. They had about 12 folks hunting.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-10-2019, 07:25 PM
PintailM2's Avatar
PintailM2 PintailM2 is offline
iHonk
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ila Ga
Posts: 8,638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
Thatís not a good attitude buds.
Itís Farrs fault. That new chopper on the Hab Co Cornfield has ruined dub hunting for me.
__________________
Would you look at that....... Just look at it!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-11-2019, 06:38 AM
Timber Cruiser's Avatar
Timber Cruiser Timber Cruiser is offline
GO TIGERS!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssramage View Post
Well yesterday was brutal to say the least... hunted the same spot as last year where I limited but the shooting was SLOW. Never even pulled the trigger until 3:00. Me and Dawson toughed it out, figuring shooting would pick up later in the evening. Scratched out 5 birds from 5:30-6, and then the heat suddenly caught up with me...nauseous, pounding headache, dizziness and feeling like I was going to blackout. We left the birds flying and got to the AC. Never had the heat get me like that. Weird feeling for sure.
Gettin old!
__________________
What's a honky gotta do around here to get a little recognition?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-11-2019, 07:28 AM
ssramage's Avatar
ssramage ssramage is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SSI
Posts: 15,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Cruiser View Post
Gettin old!
Felt like Quickie Kev
__________________
Should've got a crew cab...and a jon boat.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.