The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Outdoors > Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 08:13 PM
Shady Acres Farm & kennel

Default Gamo Hornet Review.....................

Got this pellet gun for Tucker for his birthday. Have been shooting it for over a week now and I am impressed with the gun but not the scope. I could sight it in and three shots later it would be off. After doing some research everyone says to throw the scope away and buy a nicer .22 scope and you will be on your way.

Watched a few videos on youtube and now we are looking for a good scope.

anyone have anything they want to get rid of? NickT what do you recommend that want break the bank?
I guess I need to learn not to be so blunt, honest, and to the point. Some people would rather me animate prevications so I may inspire ones distorted fantasy of what their preception of reality really is, per say.

Shmelton
Old 11-23-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackwacker View Post
Got this pellet gun for Tucker for his birthday. Have been shooting it for over a week now and I am impressed with the gun but not the scope. I could sight it in and three shots later it would be off. After doing some research everyone says to throw the scope away and buy a nicer .22 scope and you will be on your way.

Watched a few videos on youtube and now we are looking for a good scope.

anyone have anything they want to get rid of? NickT what do you recommend that want break the bank?
I was thinking that the scope was just junk on Landon's Big Cat, but I took his scope off of his .22, & it still gave me inconstant groupings. Hope you have better luck than we did.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Dawg View Post
I was thinking that the scope was just junk on Landon's Big Cat, but I took his scope off of his .22, & it still gave me inconstant groupings. Hope you have better luck than we did.
i also think that the pellets have something to do with it. First pellets we bought were off brand and they fit loosely in the barrel. Then I bought some Gamo pellets and they fit tight in the barrel. I hope that helps also.
I guess I need to learn not to be so blunt, honest, and to the point. Some people would rather me animate prevications so I may inspire ones distorted fantasy of what their preception of reality really is, per say.

Shmelton
Old 11-23-2012, 08:37 PM

I did the same thing with Landon's. I bet we bought 6-7 different types of pellets, that ranged from $3-$4 a can up to $12 a can. Some did perform better than others, but I never found anything that came anywhere close to the groupings we got with the .22 @ 40 yds.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:36 PM
THE PLACE Member

I bought one the other day,put the scope on and got it hitting bullseyes ,everytime,at 10 yds.I need to get home before dark, so I can see what it's doing around 30-50 yds.I've been shooting crossman pellets

Last edited by Reelin'Rick : 12-11-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:54 PM

I put my .22 scope on it and now its on!

Shmelton
Old 12-11-2012, 09:58 PM

Sweet.