The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > Shooting The Bull
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2018, 06:05 AM
Ask our guide

[quote=Gimp;1124037]Well shit, maybe I have too. This is why I dont get paid to forecast weather.

Here are two interesting models we need to keep an eye on. The top model shows the storm stalling off shore around Wilmington Friday and then meandering back southwest by Sunday to impact GA and SC.

At this point in time looks like my area will be OK, but you will get the rain that you have been asking for......But we still have two days before landfall and the path can still change.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:47 AM
THE PLACE Member

Current path has it hitting NC/SC, stalling for a day or two and then running down the coast line. It shouldn't have much of a punch once it gets here. I think we're about out of the woods for a direct hit, unless this storm just went real crazy... but then again, this one seems to be doing whatever it wants.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:30 AM
wannabe sumtin

it was givin a wimmins name so unpredictable will be the history of this storm.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:02 AM
Pintail is my best good chum

This is the track Im praying for.

"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,

Last edited by Gimp : 09-12-2018 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:29 AM
I'd rather be hunting

Ryan hush your mouth and turn on a sprinkler.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:18 AM
Dammit Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Farr View Post
Ryan hush your mouth and turn on a sprinkler.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:20 AM

Even with the current projected path, we would get MAYBE an inch of rain in Gordon county Hardly enough to be concerned about and I would be willing to bet it skirts Ryo Mountain.

Sprinklers are a joke. Nothing but throwing money away. You can water your yard using city water an hour a day every day for a month and it wont have the same benefit as a 15 minute shower. I aint worried about the yard anyway. Its already gone dormant from drought. We just REALLY NEED RAIN in Fairmount! Its been months! If the fields behind my house catch fire, we are TOAST
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,

Last edited by Gimp : 09-12-2018 at 10:59 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:34 AM
Just gettin by

What I love is the folks that take a direct hit and figure they will liquor up and have a blast. Once the sh&t hits the fan they start calling 911 demanding we come get them. Had experiences where once it slowed down and we could get trucks out to start running calls people were cussing up because we didnt come get them when it was bad.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFD2Truck View Post
What I love is the folks that take a direct hit and figure they will liquor up and have a blast. Once the sh&t hits the fan they start calling 911 demanding we come get them. Had experiences where once it slowed down and we could get trucks out to start running calls people were cussing up because we didnt come get them when it was bad.
The Governors need to be stern and tell those idiots dont even bother calling 911. If you dont heed our warning to evacuate you are absolutely on your own for possibly up to a week.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:08 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
The Governors need to be stern and tell those idiots dont even bother calling 911. If you dont heed our warning to evacuate you are absolutely on your own for possibly up to a week.
Just wright your SS# on your body in several places

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Old 09-12-2018, 04:07 PM
Just gettin by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
Just wright your SS# on your body in several places
We normally send 30 people on a normal house fire. One hurricane the homeowner ran up to the station to tell us his house was on fire. Early into it but winds were definitely blowing the truck to the point I thought we were going over. Ended up fighting that fire with 4 people......House was beyond saving I remember guys trying to put water on it and it would leave the nozzle and 20-30 away from the line the water would take a hard right turn never hitting the house. Had to get upwind and hit it from there😱😱😱
Old 09-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFD2Truck View Post
We normally send 30 people on a normal house fire. One hurricane the homeowner ran up to the station to tell us his house was on fire. Early into it but winds were definitely blowing the truck to the point I thought we were going over. Ended up fighting that fire with 4 people......House was beyond saving I remember guys trying to put water on it and it would leave the nozzle and 20-30 away from the line the water would take a hard right turn never hitting the house. Had to get upwind and hit it from there😱😱😱
Damn!!!
Old 09-12-2018, 09:10 PM
Cheese

When they tell you to leave and it's mandatory and you decide to stay you should be sh!t out of luck.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:36 PM

Flo is getting destroyed by wind shear. Down to CAT2. May be down to CAT 1 at landfall.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampaspicer View Post
When they tell you to leave and it's mandatory and you decide to stay you should be sh!t out of luck.
Agreed