The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Outdoors > Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2017, 04:13 PM
THE PLACE Member

Default Hawk ladder stand review

Purchased a Hawk Denali 1.5 a few weeks back. After setting it up and hunting out of it, I would rate it a solid 4.9 out of 5 stars.

The seat is built like an oversized Millennium seat and the stand is equipped with a foot rest, flip down rest/rifle holder and solid built construction. The only reason it is not 5 stars is I think they cheapened out on the straps sent with the stand. A solid ratchet strap purchased and added to the setup made all the difference in the world in my mindset.

I paid 178 total including taxes and shipping to work. Assembly guide was well done, but it was still a slow process. It took me about an hour and half to assemble the stand minus the last 4 ladder sections.

The weight is manageable, 2 of us carried the main part and another carried the ladder sections about quarter mile without any problems. The three of us got the stand stood up and in place with no problems and in a pinch, I think 2 fairly stout guys could handle the job easily.

The stand is rock solid with no flexing or wobbly feel like with the cheap ass ladder stands. The seat is EXTREMELY comfortable, thousands of times better than the stands that make waffle prints across your ass in 10 minutes of sitting.

If you are looking for a solid, 20 foot ladder stand, check these out. My buddy bought the 2 man Hawk Denali, but I haven't set in it yet.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:59 PM
The ****in Slipknot \m/

Thanks for the review. I've been looking at these.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:01 PM
THE PLACE Member

Where did you buy it Tim? Been looking for a double ladder for me and the little one
Old 10-18-2017, 10:39 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
Where did you buy it Tim? Been looking for a double ladder for me and the little one
Got mine on sale at cabelas
Old 10-19-2017, 08:56 PM
Luna Tic.

Rural king has them for 120.00.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:54 PM
THE PLACE Member

They would be a great price, I tried to order another one, but the quoted shipping was 170 bucks.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:39 PM
richard

It is a really cool stand. Agree with Tim's review but he forgot to mention that it even has a built in rifle holder on the shooting rail, & it also has 2 welded handles at the top of the ladder for you to grab with your hands to pull yourself in.

Getting the mesh seat assembly attached to the frame is a P I T A, & realistically if you don't remove your ladderstands every year, the seat should be taken out of the ladder till the following season.

We bought 5 of them this year & price ranged anywhere from $179 @ Cabelas to $130, including shipping, from Sportsman Guide. Hawk discontinued the 1.5 Denali so it is very hard to find them anymore.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:57 AM
THE PLACE Member

I have the hawk lock on and climbing sticks. I've had them for two years.........LOVE them!

Only complaint I have is the back of the seat rests on the tree..........and it's really not a big deal.

The trampoline style seat works great and has been outside on a tree for 2 years......

They are a little pricey and the same stand can be bought for a fraction of the price at Walmart......
Old 11-27-2017, 03:45 PM
THE PLACE Member

Update for CyberMonday

Hawk hunting website has the 1.5 denali for 119 today. Me and another club member ordered one apiece for future use.

I guess they are depleting their stock since the model is discontinued

https://www.hawkhunting.com/collecti...r-monday-deals
Old 11-27-2017, 05:08 PM
richard

Thanks for the heads up Tim..we ordered 5 more!!