The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > The Sports Page
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #166  
Old 01-07-2019, 11:11 PM
Steven Farr's Avatar
Steven Farr Steven Farr is offline
I'd rather be hunting
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NEGA Flyway
Posts: 8,692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
Lol at that reference.
__________________
Meh lolz fify
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 01-07-2019, 11:16 PM
Quickdraw's Avatar
Quickdraw Quickdraw is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Milledgeville
Posts: 34,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Cruiser View Post
Iím so proud of my Tigers but Alabamaís gonna come out after the half like a poked hornets nest. You can rest assured of that.
Not tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 01-07-2019, 11:16 PM
Arra's Avatar
Arra Arra is offline
Go dawgs!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: in the country...
Posts: 18,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Cruiser View Post
Iím so proud of my Tigers but Alabamaís gonna come out after the half like a poked hornets nest. You can rest assured of that.
Clemson's defense is kicking bama's ass
__________________
"
Hey man..you dont look near as fat sitting next to a big bodied buck as you do next to an average doe!" ....gatorb
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 01-07-2019, 11:30 PM
Duff's Avatar
Duff Duff is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,276
Default

Congrats TC! Heck of a game for the Tiggers!
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 01-08-2019, 05:52 AM
ssramage's Avatar
ssramage ssramage is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SSI
Posts: 15,712
Default

The Tide got rolled...
__________________
Should've got a crew cab...and a jon boat.
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 01-08-2019, 09:39 AM
Atlsooner's Avatar
Atlsooner Atlsooner is offline
Boomer Sooner
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,292
Default

Congrats to ya Timber Cruiser. Great team win. Glad you guys beat the "Mighty Alabama". Just please get over the Baker Mayfield hate. It's done, he won, he's a professional now, not a college QB. It's like liberals are still bashing Trump, because he won the presidency and beat Hitlary. He's brash, cocky and he's good at what he does and successful. Plus, Mayfield is on his way to becoming a Superstar.
__________________
‎"A booty call is like a 1/2 eaten sandwich in the refrigerator. You don't know who was eating it last, but you do know that it's 2 a.m, and you are starving"
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 01-08-2019, 12:28 PM
Gimp's Avatar
Gimp Gimp is offline
Pintail is my best good chum
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Da projects
Posts: 40,099
Default

If Chic Fil A is Gods chicken, the Lords waffle fries then Clemson Tigers is Gods college football team. No matter how you feel about that, I am super impressed with Dabos post game interview last night and his faith to put God first. Its likely the very reason they are the first "perfect" team in the NCAA ever. You are welcome to disagree
__________________
If youre going to fight, fight like you are the third monkey boarding Noah's Ark and brother, its starting to rain
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 01-08-2019, 12:54 PM
Fatboy's Avatar
Fatboy Fatboy is offline
Dammit Bobby
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In my house
Posts: 28,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
If Chic Fil A is Gods chicken, the Lords waffle fries then Clemson Tigers is Gods college football team. No matter how you feel about that, I am super impressed with Dabos post game interview last night and his faith to put God first. Its likely the very reason they are the first "perfect" team in the NCAA ever. You are welcome to disagree
Very impressive game by Clemson and great interview by Dabo after the game.

I'll only disagree that they are the first perfect team in NCAA. First FBS (Division I-A) team to go 15-0 in 121 years. Penn did it in 1894 and 1897.

Also, at the FCS (Division I-AA) level GA Southern went 15-0 in 1989, Marshall in 1996, the North Dakota State did it in 2013 and again this year.
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 01-08-2019, 01:48 PM
Gimp's Avatar
Gimp Gimp is offline
Pintail is my best good chum
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Da projects
Posts: 40,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
Very impressive game by Clemson and great interview by Dabo after the game.

I'll only disagree that they are the first perfect team in NCAA. First FBS (Division I-A) team to go 15-0 in 121 years. Penn did it in 1894 and 1897.

Also, at the FCS (Division I-AA) level GA Southern went 15-0 in 1989, Marshall in 1996, the North Dakota State did it in 2013 and again this year.
No one cares about I-AA
__________________
If youre going to fight, fight like you are the third monkey boarding Noah's Ark and brother, its starting to rain
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 01-08-2019, 02:24 PM
Fatboy's Avatar
Fatboy Fatboy is offline
Dammit Bobby
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In my house
Posts: 28,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
No one cares about I-AA
That's why I led with Penn. They were I-A

Even in I-AA it is a hell of an accomplishment, and they are part of the NCAA. No doubt Clemson's feat was more impressive as beat tougher, top tier teams along the way, but still doesn't make them the first in NCAA history, just first FBS in 121 years.
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 01-08-2019, 02:28 PM
Gimp's Avatar
Gimp Gimp is offline
Pintail is my best good chum
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Da projects
Posts: 40,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
just first FBS in 121 years.
Well thats pretty much forever, and irrelevant. The announcers on the radio said first ever since they had been keeping track. Sue them and stop yelling at me
__________________
If youre going to fight, fight like you are the third monkey boarding Noah's Ark and brother, its starting to rain
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 01-08-2019, 02:36 PM
Fatboy's Avatar
Fatboy Fatboy is offline
Dammit Bobby
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In my house
Posts: 28,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
Well thats pretty much forever, and irrelevant. The announcers on the radio said first ever since they had been keeping track. Sue them and stop yelling at me
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 01-08-2019, 05:21 PM
jb's Avatar
jb jb is offline
Mean muggin
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Not in Ms.
Posts: 13,709
Default

Dennis.... Asking Todd to start liking somebody he doesn't already like.... Well, it's like asking a male dog stop pissing on bushes. Just not gonna happen. I've known the BOY for some time.... And he's a first impressions kind of BOY
__________________
"if God wanted us to be vegans, He wouldn't have made animals out of meat". Ethan Brantley
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 01-08-2019, 05:26 PM
georgiaboy's Avatar
georgiaboy georgiaboy is offline
THE PLACE Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
Dennis.... Asking Todd to start liking somebody he doesn't already like.... Well, it's like asking a male dog stop pissing on bushes. Just not gonna happen. I've known the BOY for some time.... And he's a first impressions kind of BOY
Sounds like Heath
__________________
"Welcome to Costco. I Love You." -Idiocracy
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 01-08-2019, 06:15 PM
Atlsooner's Avatar
Atlsooner Atlsooner is offline
Boomer Sooner
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
Dennis.... Asking Todd to start liking somebody he doesn't already like.... Well, it's like asking a male dog stop pissing on bushes. Just not gonna happen. I've known the BOY for some time.... And he's a first impressions kind of BOY


Todd has every right to gloat, high five me and everybody else. His Tigers put an asswhippin' on Bama. Dabo is a great coach and an even better person. My only complaint about him is during his interviews, he kept saying "little ol' Clemson this, little ol Clemson that". Well hello, little ol' Clemson is big time now, and has been for the last 4-5 years. Been in the playoffs the last 3 out of 4 years ? They are and have been one of the "Big Boys" in college football. So don't give me that cry me a river speech. LOL.
__________________
‎"A booty call is like a 1/2 eaten sandwich in the refrigerator. You don't know who was eating it last, but you do know that it's 2 a.m, and you are starving"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.