The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > Shooting The Bull
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2020, 02:40 PM
THE PLACE Member

Default Coronavirus...

Things are getting kind of crazy. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better I'm afraid. With young kids, we're being overly cautious and trying to limit how much public exposure they have. One thing is for sure, even just a small blip makes you think of how unstable all of our environments are if SHTF...
Old 03-12-2020, 03:31 PM
THE PLACE Member

Just sucks, I guess I should plan on working an extra couple of years unless the dow goes up as quick as it fell.
Old 03-12-2020, 03:34 PM
THE PLACE Member

NCAA just cancelled the basketball tournament, the state of Ohio is closing all schools and public gatherings for 3 weeks, and ATL is running the race this weekend without spectators...
Old 03-12-2020, 03:54 PM
THE PLACE Member

This is the most ****ed up thing that I can remember, the hysteria is proof that we live on the edge on insanity and maybe preppers aren't as nuts as most people think.

I'm trying to explain to my wife if this mania keeps up, the whole country will come to a standstill and it could be a very bad situation
Old 03-13-2020, 01:28 AM
THE PLACE Member

Beer run today. Thanks for reminder.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:41 AM
THE PLACE Member

I'm just hoping it doesn't screw up any of the turkey hunting I have planned... kind of worried it may impact our River Creek quota if not resolved. I read an article that several states are suspending camping in state parks already.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:03 PM
THE PLACE Member

Itís stupid. People are idiots
Old 03-13-2020, 03:17 PM
THE PLACE Member

I’m on a paid vacation until April 1st
Old 03-16-2020, 10:11 AM
THE PLACE Member

My wife's school, and Glynn County schools, just announced closure until 4/13. The last week of which is Spring Break.

We're operating in uncharted territory at work. Trying to plan ahead for how to keep a manufacturing facility healthy and at work, so that we can continue to supply our customers with much needed inventory. We're having a record month, partly due to the hysteria, but it means nothing if we can't service.

Trying to figure out work/life balance. Part of me wants to draw in and work remotely, but not sure if that is reality. The benefit to the kids being out of school is that we can at least contain them more so.

And lastly, all of my turkey hunting plans for Spring are in limbo. Most of my hunts are on WMA's and require travel. Not sure that will be a reality in the near future. Some states like NM and IL are already shutting down state lands.

Y'all stay safe. I'm thinking this is going to be the real deal. I hope it's a bunch of useless hysteria, but there's been some MAJOR decisions put in play by really smart people to lead me to believe it's not as little of a thing as we originally thought.

Hearing some early reports that there's a big outbreak happening in Albany. 100+ people being treated and/or quarantined.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:37 AM
Dammit Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssramage View Post
My wife's school, and Glynn County schools, just announced closure until 4/13. The last week of which is Spring Break.

We're operating in uncharted territory at work. Trying to plan ahead for how to keep a manufacturing facility healthy and at work, so that we can continue to supply our customers with much needed inventory. We're having a record month, partly due to the hysteria, but it means nothing if we can't service.

Trying to figure out work/life balance. Part of me wants to draw in and work remotely, but not sure if that is reality. The benefit to the kids being out of school is that we can at least contain them more so.

And lastly, all of my turkey hunting plans for Spring are in limbo. Most of my hunts are on WMA's and require travel. Not sure that will be a reality in the near future. Some states like NM and IL are already shutting down state lands.

Y'all stay safe. I'm thinking this is going to be the real deal. I hope it's a bunch of useless hysteria, but there's been some MAJOR decisions put in play by really smart people to lead me to believe it's not as little of a thing as we originally thought.

Hearing some early reports that there's a big outbreak happening in Albany. 100+ people being treated and/or quarantined.
Agreed Steven.

A teacher from my wife's school texted this AM about how bad she is feeling and is heading to the Dr to get tested. Has to wait outside then be ushered in wearing a mask to be tested.

She has 3 kids, the youngest is 6 mos old. If she is positive, that means the students and other teachers could be infected, meaning my wife, myself, my oldest daughter who teaches there, my daughter who I visited this weekend, etc could all have been exposed.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:45 AM
THE PLACE Member

One of our guys came in to the office Friday and had his little girl with him.. I asked why? He said because his other daughter has a 104 temp.. I said... WTF ARE YOU DOING HERE??? GET THE **** OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's selfish stupid shit like this that's going to get us all dead

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
Old 03-16-2020, 11:04 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
Agreed Steven.

A teacher from my wife's school texted this AM about how bad she is feeling and is heading to the Dr to get tested. Has to wait outside then be ushered in wearing a mask to be tested.

She has 3 kids, the youngest is 6 mos old. If she is positive, that means the students and other teachers could be infected, meaning my wife, myself, my oldest daughter who teaches there, my daughter who I visited this weekend, etc could all have been exposed.
I'm having a disagreement with our CEO right now. He feels that we should have a presence in our Tifton plant during the short term to make sure that morale is high and we're getting the volume we need.

My thought is that we should be isolating key leadership and asking them to work from home, cancelling in person meetings, and trying to keep the effect away from the key people.

On a side note, we had a bunch of upper respiratory stuff blow through our family back in Nov/Dec. All negative for flu and labeled as "bronchitis." Kind of wondering if this mess wasn't here long before now...
Old 03-16-2020, 11:13 AM
Dammit Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
One of our guys came in to the office Friday and had his little girl with him.. I asked why? He said because his other daughter has a 104 temp.. I said... WTF ARE YOU DOING HERE??? GET THE **** OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's selfish stupid shit like this that's going to get us all dead
Freaking idiot.

You are right, people are selfish, stupid, you name it. If you are sick, stay the eff home. With this crap going on, if someone in your house is sick, stay the eff home. Quarantine them in one room and stay away from them.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:31 PM
THE PLACE Member

Just found out that one of my employees, and a good friend, has been home for the last week with her daughter because she has been running 103-104 fevers. Went back today and she has pneumonia. The doctor can't authorize a test for coronavirus because her oxygen levels are above 92%. Only if they fall below will they give you the test. They have her on antibiotics and quarantined at home...
Old 03-16-2020, 10:42 PM
THE PLACE Member

I think we will be on a two week lockdown by the weekend. I’m still going to the gym and work but being careful to wipe everything and wash often.