The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > Shooting The Bull
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2020, 01:39 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Cruiser View Post
Good for you two. It's becoming a lost art brother. People in general nowadays are flakes. Flakes and waffles. It's not just Gen X either. It's perfectly acceptable in this day and age to be a late, unresponsive, rude, lazy, indecisive, etc. Stand up guys are going the way of the buffalo. Used to be a man's word and a firm handshake were all you needed. Now you just hope some mother****er shows up within an hour window of when he said he'd be there. It's pitiful.
Man you said a mouthful there. I basically expect the worst now so that Iím not disappointed daily.
Old 02-19-2020, 02:31 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Good for you two. It's becoming a lost art brother. People in general nowadays are flakes. Flakes and waffles. It's not just Gen X either. It's perfectly acceptable in this day and age to be a late, unresponsive, rude, lazy, indecisive, etc. Stand up guys are going the way of the buffalo. Used to be a man's word and a firm handshake were all you needed. Now you just hope some mother****er shows up within an hour window of when he said he'd be there. It's pitiful.
Tell it TC! Truff!
Old 02-19-2020, 02:43 PM
THE PLACE Member

Our 10U softball started yesterday. Gonna be a new rule. If a pitcher throws 3 balls in a row to start the at bat, the offense’s teams coach can come in and throw 2 pitches to the batter. Wth? They are doing this because my 2 pitchers are the only ones that throw strikes, consistently. There are way to many walks they say. It’s not fair for the other teams. How is it going to be fair when I pitch to my girls and they are hitting ropes past the OF? Lol.

So basically, because I take my daughter to pitching lessons once a week and hurry my butt home 2-3 evenings/weekends and she spends her free time practicing, it’s not fair to the other teams? SMH

Last edited by Duff : 02-19-2020 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-19-2020, 04:34 PM
Mean muggin

That's the way it is now duff. Can't be getting a leg up now.... That just ain't right. My boy has never made a B in middle school or high school, but I'd imagine if he keeps that up he'll have to transfer into uga because someone else with lesser grades and different skin is more deserving.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:23 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Preach it!!

Like this piece of shit FedEx driver that instead of pulling 50 feet in my driveway and stepping up to the porch, puts this box of refrigerated cupcakes for my daughter on the ground, under the mailbox in the ****ing rain!!!

Sorry ass ________!!!!!!!!!!

Their reply was that was standard practice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cupca.jpg (68.0 KB, 30 views)
Dammit Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
That's the way it is now duff. Can't be getting a leg up now.... That just ain't right. My boy has never made a B in middle school or high school, but I'd imagine if he keeps that up he'll have to transfer into uga because someone else with lesser grades and different skin is more deserving.
A good buddy's daughter got wait listed at UGA and ended up going to Tech. She had straight A's, high SAT score, many honors and AP classes and both parents graduated from UGA.

Her Dad was livid and called admissions and was told they have to take students based on a Bell curve so they hit the number of high level students and wait listed her while taking students with lower scores and grades.
THE PLACE Member

Sorry JB, didn't mean to bitch and complain in a good feeling thread!
Old 02-19-2020, 09:29 PM
Dammit Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
Our 10U softball started yesterday. Gonna be a new rule. If a pitcher throws 3 balls in a row to start the at bat, the offense’s teams coach can come in and throw 2 pitches to the batter. Wth? They are doing this because my 2 pitchers are the only ones that throw strikes, consistently. There are way to many walks they say. It’s not fair for the other teams. How is it going to be fair when I pitch to my girls and they are hitting ropes past the OF? Lol.

So basically, because I take my daughter to pitching lessons once a week and hurry my butt home 2-3 evenings/weekends and she spends her free time practicing, it’s not fair to the other teams? SMH
Nothing new Duff. Part of the participation and pussification movement.

Similar thing happened back when I was coaching basketball at the Church league in the 90's. While other coaches were installing offenses, we were teaching our kids fundamentals, how to play defense, how to rebound, etc... Then we taught them the basic triangle offense.

We were killing teams so the guy running the league had the refs start calling touch fouls on us while the other team could hang on my kids' backs and foul the hell out of them, all in an effort to keep the games close.

He was reffing one day and I was constantly giving him hell about his calls. He threatened to throw me out if I said anything else and I replied, "Please do. I'm tired of watching you try to make my kids lose."
Old 02-19-2020, 09:56 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
A good buddy's daughter got wait listed at UGA and ended up going to Tech. She had straight A's, high SAT score, many honors and AP classes and both parents graduated from UGA.

Her Dad was livid and called admissions and was told they have to take students based on a Bell curve so they hit the number of high level students and wait listed her while taking students with lower scores and grades.
My best friend's son applied for Tech last year and was ranked in the top 10 at his school. He was denied and wait listed because 2 or 3 other "guys" from Cherokee had already been accepted, so he was rejected and his Dad graduated from Tech. His scores and GPA were both very high.

Funny thing is, unlike your example, he got into UGA and is there now
Old 02-20-2020, 09:32 AM
Mean muggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixes View Post
My best friend's son applied for Tech last year and was ranked in the top 10 at his school. He was denied and wait listed because 2 or 3 other "guys" from Cherokee had already been accepted, so he was rejected and his Dad graduated from Tech. His scores and GPA were both very high.

Crisis avoided...... He really dodged a bullet there
Old 02-20-2020, 09:44 AM
Dammit Bobby

Quote:
Old 02-20-2020, 09:45 AM
Dammit Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixes View Post

Yep, happens everywhere
Old 02-20-2020, 09:52 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Nothing wrong with Tech. I went there for a while, hated the area, hated college.

I had Georgia as a backup, at the time, it was easier to get accepted than Tech.

Either way, quit all together and became a gas man

Plus, it turned out very well for my buddy, he sold off most all of his company 2 years ago and will sell the rest later this year and be retired at 50
Old 02-20-2020, 02:12 PM
Pintail is my best good chum

Quote:
It's sad. I had 3 roofers lined up to come quote me today. 1 at 9, 1 at 1 and 1 at 3. I told my wife last night that 2 of 'em would be late. At 9 AM, first guy calls me and say's "I'm running 20 minutes behind. This rain has traffic messed up bad." I said, "This rain ain't got nothing to do with it. This is Atlanta ****ing Georgia. Traffic is ALWAYS bad. You shoulda got your sorry ass outta the bed 20 minutes earlier and you woulda had a shot at this job. Don't even waste your time comin over here." The minute I hung up, the 3 PM guy e-mails me, "I'm going to have to re-schedule our appointment today. I am unable to make it out." I replied back, "No thanks." SOB has the gall to send me a snippy reply so I promptly called and cussed him like a rented yard dog. At noon , the 1 PM guy calls me and says, "Mr. Woody, I'm running ahead of schedule and will be at your house in 10 minutes. Happy to wait until 1 but if you are available, I'll be there." Met him, got a quote of $11,484. Told him I'd be in touch. 9 AM guy calls me and said he rode by anyway and he could do the roof for $11,000. I told him I was going with the $11,484 quote. He asked why in the world would i spend more than I had to. I told him because the other son of a bitch was early.
Nothing hardly pisses me off worse than people that are not punctual. If Im "on time", Im running late as far as Im concerned We have so many here at work that come rolling in at 8:15 or even later when they are suppose to be here at 8am. Im generally here by 7:40-7:45 am at the latest. I just dont start work until 8 is all
Old 02-20-2020, 02:47 PM
Dammit Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
Nothing hardly pisses me off worse than people that are not punctual. If Im "on time", Im running late as far as Im concerned We have so many here at work that come rolling in at 8:15 or even later when they are suppose to be here at 8am. Im generally here by 7:40-7:45 am at the latest. I just dont start work until 8 is all
That's just how you roll