The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > Shooting The Bull
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2019, 04:14 PM
THE PLACE Member

Default I can't stand an effing thief!

Got a ding on my cell cam this am while sitting at work. Immediately knew what was up and ran home at lunch to check things out.

I've had quite the setup on my property trying to play the wind and hunt the few bucks I've had on cam. I get there to find ALL of my hunting stuff gone (double ladder/blind/Spartan trail cam cut off the tree/EVERYTHING). Keep in mind that this is WAY into the woods and not something the average person would ever find.

They've been doing some excavating/clearing in the subdivision next door and I could hear one of the machines running so I go over there. The new property manager is running an excavator and when I show him the last pic I got, he tells me that's his guy Terry. We ride over through the woods to my property and I use my OnX to show him the line. He proceeds to call Terry and we ride over to their shop to find all of my shit stuck in the back corned covered by a tarp...

He even told me he knew it was a cell cam so he pulled the antenna off and stashed it camera down so it wouldn't keep taking pics. Sorry SOB has done this before I'm sure. He also said he didn't even see my corn pile at first...

I should have called the cops, but I was just happy to get my stuff back. All in, he probably had $1000 of my stuff. The Terry guy reaked of alcohol and was clearly surprised that I showed up looking for my stuff. Not sure if I'll hang anything else back there again or not. I may be done with the aggravation regardless of the nice deer.

It's a shame an effing thief has to ruin stuff like that!

Here's a pic of the douchebag. In the background to his right, you can see the fenceposts that marked the property line (fence was partially down because of the hurricanes).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1920.JPG (99.4 KB, 71 views)

Last edited by ssramage : 11-25-2019 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-25-2019, 04:23 PM
THE PLACE Member

You got lucky. My stuff never turns up
Old 11-25-2019, 04:54 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixes View Post
You got lucky. My stuff never turns up
I knew exactly what had happened and where he came from. The only way to get to this spot is to come in from the subdivision and this spot is about 3/4 mile from the nearest house. I got lucky that I caught the drunk bastard before he went home for the day. I'm convinced that it was riding in his truck this evening.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:08 PM
wannabe sumtin

glad you got your stuff back, Id still call the cops and report his ass, he is prob on probation or parole . I hate a f'n thief too and will not let then get away with it if I can. Lock him up.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:18 PM
THE PLACE Member

Dang it man! Glad you got all your stuff back. Me and Terry would have had some words. Sorry POS!
Old 11-26-2019, 02:00 AM
THE PLACE Member

Yep lucky. Mine is gone for good.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:01 AM
THE PLACE Member

Wait a minute. He stole your beer too? That ain't right.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:02 AM
THE PLACE Member

Wait a minute. He stole your beer too? That ain't right.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:34 AM
Mean muggin

Can't trust anyone with h a name like terry. He may could have been a woman. Should have called he cops or wore his ass out with a 2x4
Old 11-26-2019, 09:05 AM
Go dawgs!

So , did he even give you an excuse to justify him taking it ?
Old 11-26-2019, 09:26 AM
Ask our guide

Been there, my last hunting season in GA(2011)I was in 2 clubs. Wilcox and Crisp Counties. I had saved a stand in Wilcox for the rut and didn't hunt it at all. The time had come one morning and all I found was the cushion. I was PISSED! After an hour or so I decided to head to camp and when I got to my truck there was another vehicle near so I waited till their morning hunt was over and a couple came out, figured id tell my story to all I could.

Guy has a tattoo shop in Crisp and knew who took the stand. Thief bragged about it at the shop and said it couldn't be proven and it had new paint on it. There was also a Wilcox deputy present. Apparently the stand was gone months earlier and his family land boarded our lease.

I called the president and he knew about it also, I kept getting madder that no one had told me.....it was my section and I guess since I had been present at the lease I would've said something and could've gotten it straightened out earlier. Called the law and the deputy that was present during the convo showed up. My stand was at the Pitts PD the next day.

I figured why press charges, I wont be in this club next year and it will be someone else's problem. I feel I was wrong. He's probably been getting away with way more and if he gets caught he's not being reprimanded at all so he keeps doing it. I ain't gonna let some POS do me that way again so others or myself can be victimized
Old 11-26-2019, 09:46 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arra View Post
So , did he even give you an excuse to justify him taking it ?
Yeah, sort of.

So the 5 acres where our house sits borders a large chunk of undeveloped subdivision on one side and another along the back. This guy works for the subdivision along the side and "claimed" that he had been told everything in those woods was the property of the subdivision. He saw the stuff and assumed it was a trespasser so he "confiscated" it. Nevermind that he crossed my fence line (which was down), and my house could be seen through the trees... if he was honest, he would have walked over to my house and asked me about it. Clearly with the amount of stuff there and the location, it wasn't a trespasser.

The subdivision along the back side has a 6' black chain link fence that runs its entire border. He said that he was told everything on this side of the black fence was their subdivision. I told him that was also bullshit because that fence runs the entire length of my backyard and my neighbors back yard.

He used the excuse to cover his actions. I told him that he's lucky the camera didn't go off when I was at home, because I would have walked up on him loading my chit and I would have been armed.

Either way, they've totally ruined my desire to hunt in that spot and not sure I even want to deal with the frustration anymore to be honest. They also mentioned that they're now "patrolling" all through the woods so whatever deer were there are long gone now I'm sure.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:23 AM
THE PLACE Member

Should have had him arrested
Old 11-26-2019, 01:55 PM
THE PLACE Member

This is such a common occurrence sadly in our country these days. Can’t even tell you how many cases of stolen cameras, stands, guns etc I have heard about. Glad you recovered your items though
Old 11-26-2019, 01:55 PM
THE PLACE Member

This is such a common occurrence sadly in our country these days. Can’t even tell you how many cases of stolen cameras, stands, guns etc I have heard about. Glad you recovered your items though