THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > Shooting The Bull
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2017, 03:15 PM
Antler Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
I will go ahead and say it. This show is beginning to suck nuts

I couldnt even stay interested last night and have no clue what happened and dont really care if I see it or not.

It started getting lame last season and except for this seasons epic opening episode, its a snooze fest. I wonder how long i will continue to watch. They are losing me as fast as Nascar did
No doubt it has taken a slide. They have really great ideas and moments but they are using 10 episodes between those moments. Too predictable. I fell in love because it was unpredictable. And any and every episode took us off guard. They have lost that magic. And the writing has gotten very shallow and more going through the motions than digging in. Now the only thing unpredictable is exactly who will die. Not good enough. I'll keep watching. But I hope they step it up a bit.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:12 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GThunter View Post
No doubt it has taken a slide. They have really great ideas and moments but they are using 10 episodes between those moments. Too predictable. I fell in love because it was unpredictable. And any and every episode took us off guard. They have lost that magic. And the writing has gotten very shallow and more going through the motions than digging in. Now the only thing unpredictable is exactly who will die. Not good enough. I'll keep watching. But I hope they step it up a bit.
My daughter and I lost interest this season. Have not watched but 2 episodes this season. The magic is gone
Old 03-28-2017, 05:51 AM
THE PLACE Member

Never seen it.......I was the first one to quit watching it.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:46 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
I definitely now don't trust the Trash Pile chick's. And I don't think Eugene is Negan yet. Rick needs to get his dang head back in the game. Didn't like his moves and attitude this week. I wouldn't have given the trash chick's a single gun.

Dang trash chick's stuck it in em.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:59 PM
THE PLACE Member

I watched it and that episode was textbook on how not to ever conduct small unit tactics. They would have lost 25% or more from fratricide. It's been a long time but someone needs to also give everyone a tip on using cover and not standing up when you can kneel or go prone. Neegan's speeches and drama once again messed up his plan. Daryl needs some sights on his full auto AR. Also, Neegans scoped Mac 10 or whatever is retarded, like a Snake Plisken reject.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:44 PM
Antler Addict

Those guns were terrible. From Daryl's Machine gun with rails covering the flash suppressor having no sights to that silly weapon Neegan was carrying. Everything was predictable. Hell when the show opened I KNEW Sasha was going to die and I told my wife she would be a zombie. Only surprising break from the comic was how she revealed. Instead of being revealed to Rick under a hood that allowed Alexandria to be taken down, she surprised Neegan allowing Alexandria to get a break. I noticed Carl was first to capitalize on the distraction. He fired 3-4 shots when Sasha came out and got away and then the fighting broke loose.

Trash chicks turning wasn't a surprise. Very few shockers this entire season after the premier episode. Them not showing Michonne die, yet Neegan stating Rick just lost a loved one was weak...we all knew she wasn't dead. Disappointing.

The carved piece of wood was key to next season. Same piece we have seen multiple times in Dwight and Daryl's overlap. Confirmed Dwight is with Alexandria and maybe even made Daryl trust him.

I'll watch a while longer but I won't be on the edge of my seat anticipating it. DVR will let me know when it comes back on.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Team Ground Check'em

My sentiments as well. Before this season it was can't miss TV and this season has been DVR and watch it first of the week.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:21 PM
Pintail is my best good chum

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbuck View Post
My sentiments as well. Before this season it was can't miss TV and this season has been DVR and watch it first of the week.
I dont have a DVR anymore since I ditched Directv but I can watch it on my firestick the next day commercial FREE! I will NEVER watch another episode on Sunday night. The commercials have gotten ridiculous! In 30 minutes of extra show this past Sunday night, there was only 8 minutes of actual TWD
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Old 04-16-2017, 07:54 AM
THE PLACE Member

Bump for will.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:07 PM
Mean muggin

Bump for tomorrow night
Old 10-22-2017, 07:37 PM
THE PLACE Member

Bump for now.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:02 AM

At 24 seconds until the premiere, my internet decided to take a shit and stayed out for over an hour I tried to stay up until midnight to watch but missed most of it because I fell asleep. Looking forward to watching when I get home.

Was it good? Should have been 90 minutes. hard to believe the 100th episode was only an hour but they had a two hour show talking about it afterward
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Old 10-23-2017, 08:20 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
At 24 seconds until the premiere, my internet decided to take a shit and stayed out for over an hour I tried to stay up until midnight to watch but missed most of it because I fell asleep. Looking forward to watching when I get home.

Was it good? Should have been 90 minutes. hard to believe the 100th episode was only an hour but they had a two hour show talking about it afterward
I don't know.....prayers sent......
Old 10-23-2017, 07:07 PM
Mean muggin

Quote:

It was good. But Rick can't shoot for shit
Old 10-24-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
It was good. But Rick can't shoot for shit

Funny how he can shoot the head of a moving walker with a Colt Python at 75 yards but misses Negan at 50 feet with a automatic Hollywood. Gotta love it.

It was pretty good. I finally saw it last night.

Last edited by Gimp : 10-25-2017 at 07:58 AM.