The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Hunting > Deer Hunting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2018, 10:23 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arra View Post
The Browning strike force is a damn good camera for the money.

The Bushnell cameras are a little better but a little more expensive.

I've had nothing but good luck with wildgame cameras. I have one going on its 5th season. I bought 2 terra 6s I think from Dicks before last season and they are both running strong. Got them for $35 a piece on clearance.

The key to making trail cameras last is to buy 2 new cards every time you get a new camera. Label the cards and only use those 2 in the camera. NEVER check your cards with a digital camera.
I disagree with the same cards / camera thing.. I have 12 SD cards of varying gigs (8 & 16) and I rotate them indiscriminately with a WGI, Browning, Covert and Moultrie with no ill effects. I do format each one after deleting the pics after viewing on my laptop so maybe that's the reason

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Old 10-03-2018, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator Supervisor

Iíve had great success with Browning Strike Force and Bushnell Aggressor Cams.

Iíve actually had good luck with 3 Tasco cams. $25 apiece. One of them is 3yrs old. Lol. Another one is a year old, and I picked up one 2 weeks ago.

The pic quality isnít as good as the Browning or Bushnells, no fancy bells and whistles either. But... they work.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:24 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
I scrammaged all y'all......bought 2 moultrie no glows. Macks prairie wings was running a deal, and I like spending my deer money at a duck hunting store in Arkansas.
So you bought the only brand that no one recommended

I think most are all the same, count on 3 years until they crap out and go buy new ones.

We've had good luck with the cheap Wildgames too, but like the rest, they all die in time
Old 10-03-2018, 01:26 PM
THE PLACE Member

I just wish the manufacturers would go back to 6-8 Megapixel. I don't need 12-14-20 megapixels cameras to look at deer. All they do is eat up memory cards a lot faster
Old 10-07-2018, 04:09 PM
Luna Tic.

I had four of those primos black out cameras last year, but the bears like to eat them and the deer were bolting a lot on night time pics. Something about them just got the bears attention at night as well. This year I have 5 wildgame innovation crush 20 black out cameras. They take great pics and have a great trigger speed. The thing that I like about them is they have two lenses and each with their own lense portal. One for day and one for night so there is no mechanical noise from a rotating lense that clicks into place at night at every single pic. Most cameras have two lenses that clicks into place one for day and the night time with a larger apperatrue. I swear that deer can hear that little click and they were bolting. They don't do that crap any more with these cameras. I also have two spypoint evo blackout wireless cameras. They are okay, but I think that there is a lot of room for improvement.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:46 PM
THE PLACE Member

Got 1 pic from my skypoint before it stopped working. LoL
Old 10-09-2018, 01:46 PM
Go dawgs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
Got 1 pic from my skypoint before it stopped working. LoL
Did you set it up at home before taking it all the way out there ?
Old 10-09-2018, 10:29 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arra View Post
Did you set it up at home before taking it all the way out there ?
Yes. For,some reason the batteries started leaking. Brand new batteries. Not,sure what if it was bad batteries or the camera caused that to happen. Suppose to be shipping it back to company tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:14 PM
Luna Tic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
Yes. For,some reason the batteries started leaking. Brand new batteries. Not,sure what if it was bad batteries or the camera caused that to happen. Suppose to be shipping it back to company tomorrow.
Order the a coupole of the rechargeable lithium battery packs. I think that they are about 30.00 on amazon. They work great.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:53 AM
Just gettin by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. View Post
I had four of those primos black out cameras last year, but the bears like to eat them and the deer were bolting a lot on night time pics. Something about them just got the bears attention at night as well. This year I have 5 wildgame innovation crush 20 black out cameras. They take great pics and have a great trigger speed. The thing that I like about them is they have two lenses and each with their own lense portal. One for day and one for night so there is no mechanical noise from a rotating lense that clicks into place at night at every single pic. Most cameras have two lenses that clicks into place one for day and the night time with a larger apperatrue. I swear that deer can hear that little click and they were bolting. They don't do that crap any more with these cameras. I also have two spypoint evo blackout wireless cameras. They are okay, but I think that there is a lot of room for improvement.
Just picked up two from Academy for 80.00 each and am glad to hear you liked them....Havent put them out yet but they sound promising!