The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Hunting > Food/Bait Plots/Supplemental Feeding
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2010, 06:29 AM
THE PLACE Member

Default Property line 2

Now that we have that settled.
Would YOU put corn on the property line if a neighbor was set up right on the line?
IMO as long as the neighbor don't shoot across the line when we are watching I don't have a problem with it. We have a guy set up within 10 feet of the line looking down the line. I have heard several members make comments about him. So in order to get him off the line would you pile up corn next to his stand?

Last edited by KH : 11-21-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:42 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH View Post
Now that we have that settled.
Would YOU put corn on the property line if a neighbor was set up right on the line?
IMO as long as the neighbor don't shoot across the line when we are watching I don't have a problem with it. We have a guy set up within 10 feet of the line looking down the line. I have heard several members make comments about him. So in order to get him off the line would you pile up corn next to his stand?
Do you plan on calling the warden and turning in the person? If so, how is that any different then framing a man for a crime he didn't commit?
Old 11-21-2010, 09:06 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
No i wouldnt. Its his land he can hunt as close to mine as he wants.

If I ever feel I need to "FRAME" another man and possibly ruin his life over a damn deer is the day I quit... it's just a freakin deer

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL

Last edited by Just 1 More : 11-21-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:15 AM
THE PLACE Member

No I would not. But I would most likely have a talk and make sure they knew where the line was and also make sure they know other people are hunting near him.

"Framing" somebody is pretty low down IMHO.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:28 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boinky View Post
Do you plan on calling the warden and turning in the person? If so, how is that any different then framing a man for a crime he didn't commit?
What part of my explaination about I don't care did you miss? I was just using this real life happening as an illustration. I ask would you do this? My illustration is not about framing a guy. I guess I should have said put it under his stand so he could see it.

But if I did throw the corn out there I wouldn't call the warden anyway. Not that I'm hiding anything, but I've found dealing with some hot shot wardens can be more a pain in the ass than help. Just saying.
Every year we have 4 wheelers come on our club. I don't run around chasing tresspassers or poachers. I have actually caught people and just ask them to leave before. I'm not going to get shot over a stupid deer period. As long as it's not a continuous problem it's not a big deal to me.

And I have never seen a man's life ruined over baiting. That is funny. Well not in our county anyway. it would be sort of like a speeding ticket.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:33 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawg2 View Post
No I would not. But I would most likely have a talk and make sure they knew where the line was and also make sure they know other people are hunting near him.

"Framing" somebody is pretty low down IMHO.
Dang where did framing anyone come into to play? maybe I should have said What would you do if you were hunting the property line and looked over next to your stand and saw a pile of corn?
I know some people wouldn't care, and some would freek out and run. And I guess the GON boys would call the DNR and report it.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:30 PM
THE PLACE Member

I'm gonna hunt all my side and he can hunt his.

I hunted a 7500 acre farm and could see the line from one of my stands, didn't face that way, but could turn and see the line
Old 11-21-2010, 12:53 PM
THE PLACE Member

I would leave a note in a zip lock bag asking him to face his stand looking at his place instead of mine. Ive done it twice on our place in Hancock and both times the stands were moved slightly and facing their property
Old 11-21-2010, 12:59 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
I would leave a note in a zip lock bag asking him to face his stand looking at his place instead of mine. Ive done it twice on our place in Hancock and both times the stands were moved slightly and facing their property
I had an issue one time. The property had a 90* corner on it. Someone placed a stand about 5 yards off the property line facing into that corner. I just put two posted signs on each side of corner at eye level. When I was in the area next time the stand had been moved.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Bow Hunting MFKR!

this is how it would go with me.....

gw: sir, you know you are hunting within 200 yards of bait?
me: no sir. where is it?
gw: over here sir.
me: thats a different persons property sir. i have no business over there, i am not welcome over there, and i dont make a habit of trespassing. i did not know there was bait there.
gw: have a good day sir.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Strokin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
so you trespass on his property to leave a note asking him not to look at your property? Confused in the 30680
Old 11-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Bow Hunting MFKR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker View Post
so you trespass on his property to leave a note asking him not to look at your property? Confused in the 30680
werd.....
Old 11-23-2010, 07:05 PM
The ****in Slipknot \m/

I used to hunt a permanant stand that one of the trees it was on had the blue property line paint on it. The neighbors hated it
Old 11-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Merle

my cousions in atkinson co. cleared out a space so their neighbors could see em and so they wouldnt shoot the truck
well they thought it was a shootin lane so they raised cane and put a door across the clearin ... i suggest puttin a door there lol
Old 11-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Bow Hunting MFKR!

have a party at the property line one morning. make sure you have some loud music too.