The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Hunting > Sporting Dogs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 10:10 AM
Pintail is my best good chum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
It aint so much as she so fat ryan. Shes just out of shape. Were gonna fix that. And then when u get her back youll have tools that will allow you to get her the exercise she needs.
I suppose laying around in the AC all day in a kennel will do that

I try to let her run every day and threw her a few bumpers but that probably wasnt enough. I always kept it short and sweet trying to quit while she was wanting more.
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Old 07-23-2012, 10:54 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryano View Post
I suppose laying around in the AC all day in a kennel will do that

I try to let her run every day and threw her a few bumpers but that probably wasnt enough. I always kept it short and sweet trying to quit while she was wanting more.
ah heck she's gonna be fine in that area too. several funny little things I've learned about her in 2.5 days.

she was real skittish around us in the house. she'd come to me fine when i was sitting on the couch. my wife or kids would call her and she'd get close then bail off and run away as they reached to pet her. Then it hit me- THEY ARE STANDING UP.

as crazy as that sounds she was skittish around people that can stand up in the house. i sit down and talk to her and she's a totally different attitude then if I'm standing and talk to her. very cool seeing how dogs respond like this.

i think that will go away quick as we let her socialize with us more in the house in a non threatening way.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Shady Acres Farm & kennel

Quote:
ah heck she's gonna be fine in that area too. several funny little things I've learned about her in 2.5 days.

she was real skittish around us in the house. she'd come to me fine when i was sitting on the couch. my wife or kids would call her and she'd get close then bail off and run away as they reached to pet her. Then it hit me- THEY ARE STANDING UP.

as crazy as that sounds she was skittish around people that can stand up in the house. i sit down and talk to her and she's a totally different attitude then if I'm standing and talk to her. very cool seeing how dogs respond like this.

i think that will go away quick as we let her socialize with us more in the house in a non threatening way.

Cool observation, I hadn't thought about that!
I guess I need to learn not to be so blunt, honest, and to the point. Some people would rather me animate prevications so I may inspire ones distorted fantasy of what their preception of reality really is, per say.

Shmelton
Old 07-23-2012, 01:29 PM

Very interesting

You may also get a "strange" reaction when she sees you in my wheelchair for the first time. She may act a little "nervous" or worried but it should go away quickly.

The only thing I hope is that she doesn't "forget" me. I hope to see her in a few weeks I will give y'all a while to get acquainted and then I will be around as much as I can possibly afford to be on training weekends if that's ok. I had a great time Saturday with good folks.
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Old 07-23-2012, 02:34 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Very interesting

You may also get a "strange" reaction when she sees you in my wheelchair for the first time. She may act a little "nervous" or worried but it should go away quickly.

The only thing I hope is that she doesn't "forget" me. I hope to see her in a few weeks I will give y'all a while to get acquainted and then I will be around as much as I can possibly afford to be on training weekends if that's ok. I had a great time Saturday with good folks.
i can already see her reaction to the wheel chair without being in it. she ALWAYS walks about 2 feet from me on the side (like she's compensating for the chair). which is fine.

she won't forget you. heck she's not going to even like me in a little while.

but like i said- i have all intentions on going to Dakota's place weekend after next. So you can come see her and not have to drive that far.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:37 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Very interesting

She won't forget you at all. I worried about that with little Amos and he would flip his lid when I pulled into The Warden's yard. We had a little trouble when I would come by because Joe would be working Amos and he would try to bring me the bumper. Sort of like Allie did when I tossed a couple for her Sat morning.

Gator, cool observation. Now that you mention it she was more responsive to me when I was kneeling or sitting on a bucket. Maybe that was why she would slink away when I stood up?

Ryano she is a sweet dog and I admire her desire. Age will tone some of the wildness down. Everyone there can attest that Amos was quite a handful at 10-13 months when anywhere near the line. That's why I made him sit and watch Saturday... they are like kids and have to learn to share and when it's their turn lol.

Gator will have her straight I'm sure. Worst case Drake can pick Bear or Amos up and they can explain it in dog terms.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:39 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
i can already see her reaction to the wheel chair without being in it. she ALWAYS walks about 2 feet from me on the side (like she's compensating for the chair). which is fine.

she won't forget you. heck she's not going to even like me in a little while.

but like i said- i have all intentions on going to Dakota's place weekend after next. So you can come see her and not have to drive that far.
Dad's place is 1 hour or less from Jasper and accessible by chair. If you guys want to go there let me know and he will welcome y'all. My folks have never met a stranger.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:40 PM
THE PLACE Member

i can go straight through your dad at this point...lol. plus your mom likes my dog way more than she likes amos.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:44 PM
THE PLACE Member

Wow
Old 07-23-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
(like she's compensating for the chair). .
she has had them toes ran over a time or two
Old 07-23-2012, 02:49 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
i can go straight through your dad at this point...lol. plus your mom likes my dog way more than she likes amos.
Yeah he tolerates you and if you need his number let me know. The 2nd part is a lie of the devil, Mom loves Amos. Dad likes calm Amos more than young, wild Amos.

Y'all be nice to trail if you go and holla at me and I will meet up if possible.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Dammit Man