The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Hunting > Sporting Dogs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Dawg View Post
Give it another year, & I bet things change in a big kinda way.
I think I know why you don't like him. He's kinda like a teenager with his britches hanging around the back of his knees & cap turned around backwards. He should grow out of it.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Shady Acres Farm & kennel

For Sale............every dog I got! Even my wifes dog. Its business!
I guess I need to learn not to be so blunt, honest, and to the point. Some people would rather me animate prevications so I may inspire ones distorted fantasy of what their preception of reality really is, per say.

Shmelton
Old 04-20-2012, 04:25 AM
THE PLACE Member

Guess we're all just different. I just don't understand how people don't form a bond with their dogs. My dog Belle is nuts, literally. She's crazy....but she's also a real sweetheart. She's just over a year old and she tried my patience daily, but she's my dog, and when I walk in the door, she goes crazy. Wouldn't trade her for anything.

Now, my dog Magnolia.....I'd kill several people to save that dog.....and Tallulah before her.....I'd have whiped out the whole damn county to save her life.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:28 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etter2 View Post
sad..
why? if you buy a dog for a pet, sure you will get attached and it will become family to you. But to a lot of these guys, raising and training dogs is a business. Similar to a cattle rancher raising cow. He raises em, feeds em, takes care of em...to sell em. I can see both sides here. I'd never get rid of Molly. Not for anything. But I bought her to keep as a pet. John has a 6 yr old pup....maybe 7 now that he lost the papers and is looking for a home for her because she isn't worth much to him as far as his business of breeding goes. Is something wrong with him?
Old 04-20-2012, 06:36 AM
Pintail is my best good chum

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBoy View Post
why? if you buy a dog for a pet, sure you will get attached and it will become family to you. But to a lot of these guys, raising and training dogs is a business. Similar to a cattle rancher raising cow. He raises em, feeds em, takes care of em...to sell em. I can see both sides here. I'd never get rid of Molly. Not for anything. But I bought her to keep as a pet. John has a 6 yr old pup....maybe 7 now that he lost the papers and is looking for a home for her because she isn't worth much to him as far as his business of breeding goes. Is something wrong with him?
I think what Etter is trying to say is, he doesnt understand that while in ALL the time is spent training these dogs that a bond isnt formed and they become a faithful companion. Not to mention all hours spent in blind with said companion on cold mornings waiting on ducks to fly in. Seems like they would become a "buddy" kinda like your buddies sitting in the blind with you.

I understand the "business" side of it too and Im glad Im not in that business as it would be hard for me to seperate from them..........Im sorry but cattle you eat. I just dont put dogs in that same category. Its kinda an apples to oranges comparison IMHO.

To each their own This is a great thread and I too can see both sides of it.
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,

Last edited by Gimp : 04-20-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:48 AM
THE PLACE Member

I don't foresee mine going anywhere.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:59 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PintailM2 View Post
I like drake........... Just not as much as Cooper.
CooperDrake is the best though.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:03 AM
Dammit Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post

If it was DrakeCooper, you could shorten it to Drooper or Draper.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:04 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
Hes for sale too.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:21 AM
#MadeinthemothereffinUSA

I'll be more than happy to sell my hunting buddy. I just get to keep his boat.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
I'll be more than happy to sell my hunting buddy. I just get to keep his boat.
Does he come with the white dog too?
Old 04-20-2012, 07:33 AM
THE PLACE Member

I'd sell mine! It would have to be pretty steep.........girls are attached.....but I can get another one and they'd be fine.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:45 AM
I approve this message!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBoy View Post
John has a 6 yr old pup....maybe 7 now that he lost the papers and is looking for a home for her because she isn't worth much to him as far as his business of breeding goes. Is something wrong with him?
Now there's a loaded question.

Started Female Treeing Feist for Sale!
5 months old white with black spots, masked face. Named Chloe, but Bandit fits her better. Will chase at this point, will kennel if you can get your hands on her, great paper shredder and cat disposal unit. Hasn't found her voice yet, hopefully soon.
-Price -
1pr - Wemans Nike Shocks, size 8.5
1pr - Mens Black Slippers, size 12
4pr - Mens Flip/Flops, size 9, various colors
5pr - Childerns Flip Flops, size 11/12, various colors
1pr - Mens work boot insoles, size 12
Plus $100 for the various other items I can't find and pretty sure she's ate.

Na, even if she doesn't work out as the squirrel chaser I'm hoping she'll stay around. There is a price I would take but no one in their right mind would offer it. She's a loving and fun to play with, and if ya keep her locked up nothing gets distroyed.

Nick T
737 since 2008 season
Bear Creek Tack Co. Pro Staff
Old 04-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Pintail is my best good chum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_T View Post
There is a price I would take but no one in their right mind would offer it. She's a loving and fun to play with, and if ya keep her locked up nothing gets distroyed.

Nick T
You just described Allie
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Old 04-20-2012, 08:00 AM
I approve this message!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryano View Post
You just described Allie
Wes will probably have her fully trained by the time you get back to pick her up.

Night before last, I turned her out of the kennel and in the house. Wife and kids went to the grocery store and I stepped outside for 15mins on the phone. When I got back inside there was something scattered all over the living room, looked like little white worms. run what was left of my slipper over them and it didn't move so I picked a couple up and it looked like rubber bands. Couldn't figure out what it was 'til I found the rest of the remains in the hall. In 15mins she had completely dismantled a brand new baseball. I mean, really? Kids and pro players bash the chit out of these things for years on end, but they can't withstand 15mins with a feist? Thought I had torn up the vaccum cleaner getting that crap up, the bands would wrap around the beater bar and stall it out, wasted a whole, brand new cleaner bag getting all that chit up, but I got it up before the rest of the gang got home. Simply amazing.

Nick T
737 since 2008 season
Bear Creek Tack Co. Pro Staff