The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Hunting > Everything Turkey
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Foot in mouth

Default Ever get your arse whooped?

By a Tom?? I picked one up once, and it came back to life. Dang near broke my arm!! He whooped me up pretty good!!
Old 02-20-2008, 10:54 AM
THE PLACE Member

Not physically, but in trying to kill them, I have have my ass handed to me many times by birds I thought I had coming to the gun.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:59 AM
The dude abides

Got a nice scar on my left hand from a spur.

Lots of mental scars from being kicked around by the old boys.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Foot in mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
Heck yeah LMAO!

I had one that was dead in the dirt not moved a muscle as soon as I shot...walked over to it (oh yeah its on video too) and I go to pick it up by the legs and the freakin thing comes back to full life kicking and trying to fly...cuts the crap out of the palm of my hand and i let go grab my gun and have shoot him at about 35 yards as he's doing a death flop down the mountain.
I got mine on film too! I stepped out of view after the beating began. All you can see is feathers flying, and hear me cussing at the darn thing! His wings shredded my arms up pretty good!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:43 AM
mine ain't cute either

Default ................

..........yup....nobody informed me of the dangers...............one of the first big birds I killed cut my arm wide open with a sharp spur..............ya learn quick, though.........

Last edited by coon dawg : 02-21-2008 at 06:00 AM.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:40 PM
THE PLACE Member

Never killed one, so no. I did get kicked in the shin by a "dead" spike. I walked up after shooting him and started to flip him around to gut him when he kicked the **** out of my leg. I had a big bruise on my shin for several days.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:18 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Wamer View Post
Not physically, but in trying to kill them, I have have my ass handed to me many times by birds I thought I had coming to the gun.
For me, it is the same story but a different year every time!
Old 02-20-2008, 03:37 PM
THE PLACE Member

I had one stand up as I walked up to it. I ended up tackling him and ringing his neck like a wet wash rag!
Old 02-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Ask our guide

Coworker and his friend ran over one in the pickup after many beers. Said the friend went to pick up the stumbling bird and it came to life. Triutt said he couldnt do anything but laugh as his friend got tore up by the bird for 3 minutes. Cuts were on his hands, arms, face stomach, chest and thighs
Old 02-20-2008, 11:06 PM
THE PLACE Member

I took my wife on a hunt with me several years ago and we got on some fired up Tom's early.Well it was little cool still and she wanted to hang back in the sunshine while I moved to head 'em off.10 minutes later I had 3 fine examples of eastern wild turkey in front of me and I lowered the boom on the closest gobbler.Well he was flopping hard so I ran up and planted my boot on his neck....firmly!

This was not at all the direction he was hoping these precedings might take so he procceeded to flat whoop the camo off my shins and knees with his wings and he was a sizeable strong bird.Eventually he calmed down an expired allowing me to pick him up and walk back out into the sunshine carrying my prize,

My wife,upon hearing all the clamoring and commotion in there after the shot said she was relieved to see me because from the sounds of the struggle she thought the gobbler was just as likely to come out with me over his shoulder instead!

Last edited by Echo : 02-20-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator Supervisor

If ya'll are wanting to get your ass whooped by a Tom,

Boink and I can stand you up and I can break your nose, while boink give's ya a straight right to the sack.

Seriously,

Nope not yet. I watched a guy who was about 6'5" get his ass handed to him by a supposedly dead gobbler!!! He picked it up by it's legs and it let loose on the guy w/his wings!!! Knocked him flat on his back!!!

Pretty funny to watch!!

BuckyT