The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > Shooting The Bull
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2018, 07:20 PM
Boomer Sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixes View Post
Not on there. don't plan to be on there.

My wife has an account and keeps her head buried in the crap. Some of my friends have and account but I see no point.

But, as far as your question goes, yes Facebook has killed forums, what I don't get is why someone would care about where someone is eating supper, or gone on vacation
Sorry Sixes. Not sure if you referring to my pictures about my vacation to Alaska. Just sharing the great outdoors and wildlife pictures that Alaska has to offer. Wished I would have seen a moose though.
Old 08-05-2018, 04:10 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlsooner View Post
Sorry Sixes. Not sure if you referring to my pictures about my vacation to Alaska. Just sharing the great outdoors and wildlife pictures that Alaska has to offer. Wished I would have seen a moose though.
post more pics here.
Old 08-05-2018, 07:38 AM
THE PLACE Member

Its way easier to put pictures on facesbooks
Old 08-05-2018, 08:12 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlsooner View Post
Nope, saw your pics on the other thread and enjoyed them.

I have no problem with FB, just not going to join. Plus, its a lot different seeing pics from somewhere like Alaska then seeing a typical pic from Panama City.

My problem is the lack of socializing in public when you get a group together. I usually have big cookout around the 4th and anywhere from 60-80 people are here throughout the day. I have pissed off a few of them by saying, "If you're going to keep your nose buried in the phone and not be able to have a conversation with any of the dozens of people here, then you might as well go home."

I find that to be extremely rude!

That is the part that I just do not understand. You have LIVE people sitting with you, why not talk to them instead of reading about someone else's life.

I would consider joining just to read some of the hunting group stuff and to be able to contact some turkey call makers, but I would not want to read all the other crap
Old 08-05-2018, 07:30 PM
Boomer Sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixes View Post
Nope, saw your pics on the other thread and enjoyed them.

I have no problem with FB, just not going to join. Plus, its a lot different seeing pics from somewhere like Alaska then seeing a typical pic from Panama City.

My problem is the lack of socializing in public when you get a group together. I usually have big cookout around the 4th and anywhere from 60-80 people are here throughout the day. I have pissed off a few of them by saying, "If you're going to keep your nose buried in the phone and not be able to have a conversation with any of the dozens of people here, then you might as well go home."

I find that to be extremely rude!

That is the part that I just do not understand. You have LIVE people sitting with you, why not talk to them instead of reading about someone else's life.

I would consider joining just to read some of the hunting group stuff and to be able to contact some turkey call makers, but I would not want to read all the other crap

Saw a sign in a restaurant one time that said, "We DO NOT have WiFi here, talk to each other". Got a big chuckle out of that . Your point is well taken and agreeable to Tim.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:19 AM
THE PLACE Member

Post up some more pics when you have time Dennis. I'd like to see some more
Old 08-07-2018, 03:54 AM
Cheese

I prefer Snapchat myself.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:15 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampaspicer View Post
I prefer Snapchat myself.
All my gay and transgender friends do too.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:22 PM
Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncy View Post
Don't knock it until you've tried it.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:12 PM
THE PLACE Member

Snap me spicer.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator Supervisor

I’ve been straying from everything lately. You fellas are still my favorite and I heart all of y’all.

The best part of this place is that I don’t see “How old is he and what will he score?” posts...
Old 08-08-2018, 08:14 AM
The ****in Slipknot \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
Snap me spicer.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:54 AM
Pintail is my best good chum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
Add Ryan AKA: Gimp and myself to that list also.. Depending on what you're in to, you can connect with much bigger groups
Add everyone posting in this whole thread except Nr JB, Duff, bouncy and Sixes. Eventually they will have to come around or just give up the internet totally. Message forums are very antiquated and a dying form of social media. Its not just here. Its every message forum. I see it on guitar forums, hunting forums, cruising forums, racing forums and every other thing Im interested in. Facebook "groups" are the new thing. I belong to several.

Honestly, I wouldnt give two shits if Facebook went away tomorrow but I do use it for socializing in groups of interest. No one here could give two shits about my latest guitar so I spare you guys of all that and share where I know people will. No one here could give two shits where Im cruising too next so I spare you guys of that and socialize with people that do. See where Im going?

What I dont understand is the constant bashing of something people have never tried. I see guys that hang out on GON every waking minute of the day bashing "social media". WTF do they think these message forums are?
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Old 08-08-2018, 11:32 AM
The ****in Slipknot \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
Add everyone posting in this whole thread except Nr JB, Duff, bouncy and Sixes. Eventually they will have to come around or just give up the internet totally. Message forums are very antiquated and a dying form of social media. Its not just here. Its every message forum. I see it on guitar forums, hunting forums, cruising forums, racing forums and every other thing Im interested in. Facebook "groups" are the new thing. I belong to several.

Honestly, I wouldnt give two shits if Facebook went away tomorrow but I do use it for socializing in groups of interest. No one here could give two shits about my latest guitar so I spare you guys of all that and share where I know people will. No one here could give two shits where Im cruising too next so I spare you guys of that and socialize with people that do. See where Im going?

What I dont understand is the constant bashing of something people have never tried. I see guys that hang out on GON every waking minute of the day bashing "social media". WTF do they think these message forums are?
i care bub
Old 08-08-2018, 12:52 PM
THE PLACE Member

I like you cruise pics and stuff buddy