The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Shooting > Archery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2015, 08:20 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GThunter View Post
Question...I have my bow stacking at every yardage. Its shooting as good as I could have hoped for. When I put on the landsharks...fixed 2 blade head, my POI is 2" rt and 2" high every time...I mean these arrows are stacking just like the field tips...just not in the same spot. What do I do with that?
You either broadhead tune or you get rid of the LandSharks. We play with a lot of different broadheads and we tried them preseason last year and they didn't do good for us.

"Money buys bucks and tits" jb
You can't spell SPOILED without OIL
Old 08-27-2015, 08:24 AM
THE PLACE Member

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...ghlight=tuning

Old 08-27-2015, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
It's more likely he's dropping his bow arm instead of bending at the waist and keeping his arms in a "T" on his body. That'll make ya shoot high every time
Yep^^^^^
Old 08-27-2015, 11:13 AM
Antler Addict

Just made 2 slight rest adjustments (1/32 and maybe 1/16)and got the FPs and BHs stacking at 25. Re-fletched 3 arrows with 4 vanes rt helical and a 75x105 deg off set and the land sharks are flying like my field points out to 45 now. Had to move my sight after the rest just a couple clicks. Very satisfied now. Arrows are flying like darts no matter the broadhead now. Whooot!
Old 08-27-2015, 03:56 PM
THE PLACE Member

I've only lost 1 deer in last 8 years shooting Spitfires. And that buck I shot high above lungs. I just don't see any reason to shoot anything else even though I have a few Bi Polars lying around also.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:54 PM
Antler Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
I've only lost 1 deer in last 8 years shooting Spitfires. And that buck I shot high above lungs. I just don't see any reason to shoot anything else even though I have a few Bi Polars lying around also.
I love my spitfires...I will keep 3 in the quiver. But I want to run one of these fixed 2 blade land sharks through a doe and see the wound channel. I know a 2 blade fixed will hold more energy on impact...I just want to see what it will do. I also will have a Slick Trick in the quiver. I will have the spitfires locked and loaded every set when looking for Shyboy. Confidence in what I know works will still be foremost in my mind should that opportunity present itself. If the hogs come rambling by, one is going to catch a fixed blade just because.

The adjustment I made this morning tightened my FP groups up. I cut an arrow in half with a broadhead and blew a nock out in a matter of 2 groups. This elite is something wicked now that its on. I am stacking sub 2" groups from 25 to 55 yards. Finally impressed.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:31 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
I love my spitfires...I will keep 3 in the quiver. But I want to run one of these fixed 2 blade land sharks through a doe and see the wound channel. I know a 2 blade fixed will hold more energy on impact...I just want to see what it will do. I also will have a Slick Trick in the quiver. I will have the spitfires locked and loaded every set when looking for Shyboy. Confidence in what I know works will still be foremost in my mind should that opportunity present itself. If the hogs come rambling by, one is going to catch a fixed blade just because.

The adjustment I made this morning tightened my FP groups up. I cut an arrow in half with a broadhead and blew a nock out in a matter of 2 groups. This elite is something wicked now that its on. I am stacking sub 2" groups from 25 to 55 yards. Finally impressed.
These Spitfires have spoiled me I love just shooting practice points all summer knowing my Spitfires shoot just as good or better. I will shoot a dull Spitfire a time or two before the opener just for that last bit of confidence I likes slick tricks but them whistling as they flew bothered me
Old 08-27-2015, 09:15 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
I'd bet with a miss on a stationary target Reb's miss is from poor form bending to take the lower shot. But if you are extremely high, and range to your target, say 30 yards...direct line. You will be shooting the wrong range. As trajectory is relative to horizontal distance from target. Not line of sight. Gravity affects an arrows rate of descent...not the speed the bow puts on it. A 400 gr arrow will fall to the ground in the same amount of time regardless if it is coming from a 250 fps bow or a 350 fps bow. This is why line of sight range is not a true range as far as trajectory and ballistics go. BUT...you would have to be pretty extreme in height to miss a stationary target. Think about it...if a target was straight down under you, your range finder would read say 8 yards...but that animal is less than 5' away from your tree. Range would be 5'...not 24' 20 ft up a tree...ranging 30 yds is actually 29 yards. I doubt that is significant enough for you to miss a target. 30 ft up a tree...ranging 30 yards is closer to 28 yards...the steeper the angle the larger the difference from line of sight to actual range. Factor a hill in with a pretty high deck or stand height...you need to range something eye level to get that true range. Unless your platform is really high, I bet you have a form issue if you are missing the target. Draw from your elevated platform shooting horizontal, get your draw then tilt forward at the waist holding form to shoot the target.
the deck is probably 15 feet or so. Then I'm 6'1 . Know I'm glad I shoot from up there. Gotta make sure I'm on before the 12th
Old 08-27-2015, 09:31 PM
The ****in Slipknot \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
I likes slick tricks but them whistling as they flew bothered me
That's the dumbest thing I have ever read...anywhere
Old 08-27-2015, 10:52 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
That's the dumbest thing I have ever read...anywhere
agreed

Old 08-28-2015, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
Well, let's here it Willie Yeah!! I kill jakes and does all the time... I can't remember what a gobbler or a decent buck looks like.
You are good at that James!!
Old 08-28-2015, 08:10 AM
The ****in Slipknot \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyT View Post
Old 08-28-2015, 03:46 PM
Mean muggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyT View Post
Not really.....
Old 08-29-2015, 12:38 AM
hummyfried

Gonna start practicing with the samick saige ,might get a call from someone...Not to mention it's time I get to teach my son with his.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:07 AM
THE PLACE Member

While waiting on Cody to finish his hunters safety course at Bass Pro I used that time to get some snake boots, comfortable hiking shoes and some 125 Spitfires. Those 125 Spitfires are hard to find! Seems everyone only sells the 100s!