The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > Church At THE PLACE
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2008, 06:01 AM
THE PLACE Member

Default the After life

What is your thoughts on seeing family members in the after life.
I think mine will differ from most and I will try to explain why if I can.

I don't believe when we get to heaven you will know anyone. The reason I feel this way is there will be people there we never expected to be there and there will be people not there you did expect to be there. If this happens it might cause us to question, and I don't think that will be why we are there. I don't believe Heaven is a place for reunions, but a place to praise and serve God.
I wasn't raised believing this. This is just something I've sort came onto myself. any thoughts?
Old 04-09-2008, 06:14 AM
Big D.

I agree..

A lot of folks think "I can't wait to see my mom and daddy again"... But if we are able to recognize them, then we'd also be able to notice when one is missing...

There is supposed to be no sadness in Heaven. If you know that your whole family is not there, then how could you fully enjoy the benefits.

I can't quote scripture, but I believe that Heaven will be as you say, more of a reunion of all of God's children, not just a place of many different family reunions.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:22 AM
THE PLACE Member

Delton do you know you are the first one I heard say that. Maybe I'm not crazy after all.
I think most people think they will have a second chance with family, so they hold onto to that. I've always felt you only have once chance in life. You better try to get it right the first time.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:01 AM
Cheese

That will be similar to when I showed up for graduation. Lots of folks want to know what I was doing there.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:05 AM
Don't Ban Me AGAIN Bro!!!

I think you will recognize friends and loved ones. Just my opinion.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:18 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR3 View Post
I think you will recognize friends and loved ones. Just my opinion.
I'm not saying that is not true. That is what most people think. I'm just not one of them.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:09 AM
THE PLACE Member

The Bible says that over comers (those that can say "mission accomplished" in this life), will be able to go to and help mother, father, brother and unmarried sister that are still facing judgement. My guess is you will have to recognise and know them in order to go to them.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:21 AM
pointer1

I HOPE you recognize and are reunited with your loved ones...
Old 04-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Big D.

Here is something to think about as well and I don't mean to derail this thead but speaking of going to Heaven, the Jehovah's Witnesses, believe that Heaven consists of stages. If you lived this way, you get into "this" stage, if you live the live better than the next, you went to a higher degree of Heaven, with the highest stage being saved for those that always walked the walk and talked the talk... like preachers, priests, etc...

I don't by that. The God I worship says we are all equal, and it's what I've been taught since I was a kid. I don't think there would be different stage of "I'm better than you" like the JW's preach.

People ask me "What denomination are you?". I was born a baptist, but call myself a "realist" and a firm follower of "Deltonism".

I believe in God and wouldn't step out my door if I didn't... I am saved, and know that Jesus died for me.

Having said that, there are a few things I do my own way, and just hope and pray that I'm right in the end.

Last edited by Handgunner : 04-09-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:23 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwhilikerz View Post
The Bible says that over comers (those that can say "mission accomplished" in this life), will be able to go to and help mother, father, brother and unmarried sister that are still facing judgement. My guess is you will have to recognise and know them in order to go to them.
My question to that would be. If you are already in Heaven and they have yet to be judged, where would this take place? ???
IMO if you are saved you need to be helping them now.

another IMO is too many people are trying to tell eveyone how saved they are and how much they are doing. If you are saved you don't need to tell anyone and you be telling what you have done. You will be telling what God has done. IMO
Old 04-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Pintail is my best good chum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handgunner View Post
I agree..

A lot of folks think "I can't wait to see my mom and daddy again"... But if we are able to recognize them, then we'd also be able to notice when one is missing...

There is supposed to be no sadness in Heaven. If you know that your whole family is not there, then how could you fully enjoy the benefits.

I can't quote scripture, but I believe that Heaven will be as you say, more of a reunion of all of God's children, not just a place of many different family reunions.
I totally agree............we will just know them as another one of Gods children...........not as our mother, dad, brother, sister etc as they were here on earth.

there is scripture that backs this up and Ive heard it preached on quiet a few times.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:34 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansashunter View Post
My question to that would be. If you are already in Heaven and they have yet to be judged, where would this take place? ???
IMO if you are saved you need to be helping them now.

another IMO is too many people are trying to tell eveyone how saved they are and how much they are doing. If you are saved you don't need to tell anyone and you be telling what you have done. You will be telling what God has done. IMO
Every one gets to heaven. To be absent from this body is to be present with the Lord. Remember the story of Lasarus and the rich man? Both were in heaven but there was a gulf between them. Those that were part of the first resurection are on one side of that gulf. Those who didn't make the cut are on the other side. During the millenium you can go to them, help, encourage, teach. Then Satan is released "for a season" and they must make up their minds who to follow, God and eternal life or Satan and the Lake of Fire.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:56 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Delton do you know you are the first one I heard say that. Maybe I'm not crazy after all.
I think most people think they will have a second chance with family, so they hold onto to that. I've always felt you only have once chance in life. You better try to get it right the first time.
No your Both crazy!o ke: I realy don't know and don't realy let it bother me. I live my life the best I can and try and teach my kids to do the same I know my family and brother and sister along with my folks are saved and will be there so anyone else doesn't realy worry me to much. I would hope everyone would be there but some wont listen and will pay for it one day unfortunatly.

Last edited by stumpman : 04-09-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Big D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpman View Post
No your Both crazy!o ke: I realy don't know and don't realy let it bother me. I live my life the best I can and try and teach my kids to do the same I know my family and brother and sister along with my folks are saved and will be there so anyone else doesn't realy worry me to much. I would hope everyone would be there but some wont listen and will pay for it one day unfortunatly.
But it's a happy crazy, so it's ok... Not like a crazy.. CRAZY!
Old 04-10-2008, 10:35 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
What is your thoughts on seeing family members in the after life.
I think mine will differ from most and I will try to explain why if I can.

I don't believe when we get to heaven you will know anyone. The reason I feel this way is there will be people there we never expected to be there and there will be people not there you did expect to be there. If this happens it might cause us to question, and I don't think that will be why we are there. I don't believe Heaven is a place for reunions, but a place to praise and serve God.
I wasn't raised believing this. This is just something I've sort came onto myself. any thoughts?
Kansashunter, I'm reading a book called "90 minutes in heaven" I haven't finished it yet but it is about a minster who was in a very bad car wreck and they pronounced him dead and even covered him up. He tells that he was in heaven and who he saw. I won't tell anymore as it would be a good book for everyone to read. I'm praying that heaven is like what he saw as I do believe I will be there in the end.