The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > General > Church At THE PLACE
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2008, 08:18 AM
pointer1

Nope...the best way to seek answers is to question.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:20 AM
Pintail is my best good chum

I guess what I was trying to say is............is it a sin to have doubts about whats written in Gods word.

People question the Bible all the time...........I dont see anything wrong with that but what if you have doubts about whats written in there?

maybe that explains what i was trying to say a little better..........I know the only way to learn is to ask............what if you have doubts about what you are told or what you read though?
Old 04-09-2008, 08:27 AM
Don't Ban Me AGAIN Bro!!!

If it is a sin, then add it to a long list of of mine. I question alot of things and not just the Bible. I question why good people die and scum is allowed to walk freely upon us. I hear all the blah, blah about God's plan. Well, was it God's plan for my step-sister to die of brain cancer and leave a 3 yr old daughter to grow up without a mother? Was it his plan to take a 46 yr old female friend of mine that was a fine as a woman as I have ever know and leave her 13 yr old daughter wihout a mother as well? Am I sinning by questioning this and feeling bitter about it?
Old 04-09-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR3 View Post
If it is a sin, then add it to a long list of of mine. I question alot of things and not just the Bible. I question why good people die and scum is allowed to walk freely upon us. I hear all the blah, blah about God's plan. Well, was it God's plan for my step-sister to die of brain cancer and leave a 3 yr old daughter to grow up without a mother? Was it his plan to take a 46 yr old female friend of mine that was a fine as a woman as I have ever know and leave her 13 yr old daughter wihout a mother as well? Am I sinning by questioning this and feeling bitter about it?
good questions..........maybe that deserves a thread all of its own..........Ive found there are folks here eager and willing to explain things simple enough for a dummy like me to understand.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:43 AM

bump
Old 04-09-2008, 08:50 AM
freakin' idiot

Thomas doubted Jesus until he touched His wounds. Did he sin by doubting? I don't necessarily think so. Was his faith and conviction stronger after the fact? I would hope so!

This is the way I see it....Our "doubting" the Bible isn't a sin but a lack of strong faith. Part of growing as a Christian is to build one's faith. Not exhibiting faith is not necessarily a sin, but more of an innate human frailty. In a weird paradox, God will often use our very own doubt to help us increase our faith.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:54 AM
freakin' idiot

Thought of something else....

Even though a lack of faith is not a sin in itself....it IS a stepping stone to temptation and sin itself.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryano View Post
...........what if you have doubts about what you are told or what you read though?
What you are told? I don't believe half of that and try and find out for myself about what is written. Some blindly beleive whatever there taught and made to feel ashamed if they question any part of it....then they pass that down in much of the same fashion and the cycle continues. Read things for yourself....if things don't add up to you question it and find out....lots of folks to help you in your search but don't take someones word for it.....most anyone legitimate would want to show it to you....not twist or make up wild opinions about it. Lots of good folks who beleive out there and don't mind someone asking the tough questions.....there is a matter of faith for sure and that is something each person has to get right with themselves.......but if someone refuses or/or belittles you for simply questioning things and wanting to learn........ they likely just want you to take a big dose of what they were given......JMO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coolaide.jpg (11.8 KB, 11 views)