The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Hunting > Hunting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you think increasing wildlife fines would work?
Yes 15 71.43%
No 6 28.57%
Totally would depend on the area/region... 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2009, 08:53 AM
THE PLACE Member

Default Do you think increasing wildlife fines would work?

Do you think increasing wildlife violation fines would work to reduce (not stop) acts like spot lighting, shooting from the road, trespassing, etc.?

{Poll}
Old 06-17-2009, 08:54 AM
THE PLACE Member

yes...I think it would reduce the problem

I don't think you will ever stop it.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:05 AM
The ****in Slipknot \m/

I would think so
Old 06-17-2009, 09:07 AM
Pintail is my best good chum

reduce? yes, I do believe it would
Old 06-17-2009, 09:12 AM
Shady Acres Farm & kennel

Why do you say no Hummer?
I guess I need to learn not to be so blunt, honest, and to the point. Some people would rather me animate prevications so I may inspire ones distorted fantasy of what their preception of reality really is, per say.

Shmelton
Old 06-17-2009, 09:12 AM
hummyfried

i said no , do to the fact that you can not stop ignorance... they should put it into education for the young .... only bad part of that is if they see dad do something , they will 99% of the time do it also
Old 06-17-2009, 09:13 AM
The ****in Slipknot \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMDADDY View Post
i said no , do to the fact that you can not stop ignorance... they should put it into education for the young .... only bad part of that is if they see dad do something , they will 99% of the time do it also
Good point
Old 06-17-2009, 09:18 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
I think that's a "cop out" for some folks... The mistakes I seen my father make, I tried to NOT make them. He smoked, I never have... Under the line of thinking, I should be a tar wagon.

The "cost" and "price you pay" for smoking educated me NOT to follow in my father's foot steps.

Just as with wildlife violations, you starting hitting folks in the wallet and the education process will happen very quickly...
Old 06-17-2009, 09:44 AM
hummyfried

i grew up where they pretty much made their own huntin laws i guess ... jr is holding the damn spotlight , whill paw kills the animal...then it is jr turn while paw holds the light ... education for these choices should be taught the right way by their elders ... i would go as far as saying ( why don't we offer a class in middle schools) they take classes like sewing, cooking, and chit like that ....why not offer a wildlife educational class as an elective , where people who want in can and those that don't want .... i know some think i am nuts for saying this , but look at colleges and high schools are offering fishing , with all the brackets and stuff like a golf, football, or baseball games now ... it is a vision i could see , and with all these DNR GUYS having trouble getting paid from the state could move into the schools and teach our young ... teach them not just right and wrong , but about wildlife in general.... EDUCATING OUR CHILDREN CAN BE TAKIN TO THE NEXT LEVEL !!! there are new generations of hunters coming into the mix that were never taken to the woods by their dad , grandad , they get into it by other meens ,as for most of us are from generation after generation , ect of outdoor inthusiast
Old 06-17-2009, 09:48 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
why not offer a wildlife educational class
These classes are offered and required by the state to obtain Hunting licenses...

http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga....tegory=hunting

Residents and non-residents born on or after January 1, 1961 must successfully complete a hunter education course prior to purchasing a season hunting license. However, a hunter education course is not required to purchase a one (1) day license or a three (3) day Non-Resident Hunting License. Hunter education courses certified or mandated by any state wildlife agency or Canadian province are accepted. Hunter Education is not required to hunt on one's own land or land of a parent or guardian.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Foot in mouth

No.....What are fines, when there is no law enforcement. I havent seen a Warden while hunting in almost 10 years....
Old 06-17-2009, 09:53 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philmagroin View Post
No.....What are fines, when there is no law enforcement. I havent seen a Warden while hunting in almost 10 years....
Were you doing anything illegal? Did they have a need to visit you...

I'd be willing to bet that 75% of the tickets given out to hunters are by means of being "Tipped" off...
Old 06-17-2009, 09:54 AM
hummyfried

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2D View Post
These classes are offered and required by the state to obtain Hunting licenses...

http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga....tegory=hunting

Residents and non-residents born on or after January 1, 1961 must successfully complete a hunter education course prior to purchasing a season hunting license. However, a hunter education course is not required to purchase a one (1) day license or a three (3) day Non-Resident Hunting License. Hunter education courses certified or mandated by any state wildlife agency or Canadian province are accepted. Hunter Education is not required to hunt on one's own land or land of a parent or guardian.
this is education to be safe , and learn the laws man ... i am talking of taking the education to the next level .... taking accual educational wildlife classes ...kind of like a starter kit to see if you want to be a wildlife biologist, with field trips for the class in the outdoors , with a teacher that knows what the hell they are showing and teaching our youth
Old 06-17-2009, 09:58 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
this is education to be safe , and learn the laws man ... i am talking of taking the education to the next level .... taking accual educational wildlife classes ...kind of like a starter kit to see if you want to be a wildlife biologist, with field trips for the class in the outdoors , with a teacher that knows what the hell they are showing and teaching our youth
While I agree with you about the fact of it teaching the act of being safe, the course is much more involved than that...

We teach animal identification, equipment, shooting skills, hunting skills, ethics, conservation and legislative means to keeping our sport healthy.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Foot in mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2D View Post
Were you doing anything illegal? Did they have a need to visit you...

I'd be willing to bet that 75% of the tickets given out to hunters are by means of being "Tipped" off...
Nope. I abide by all game laws, always have. I think they are fair. He just happened to be riding by when one of our members was entering the gate. He was just curious I guess. I told him..I was glad to see him.