The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Hunting > Everything Turkey
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Pintail is my best good chum

Arrow House Bill 207

How do yall feel about it? \

2013-2014 Regular Session - HB 207 Licenses; issuance of a special turkey-hunting permit for young and mobility impaired hunters; authorize

A BILL to be entitled an Act to amend Article 1 of Chapter 2 of Title 27 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to licenses, permits, and stamps for hunting, trapping, or fishing, so as to provide a definition; to authorize issuance of a special turkey-hunting permit for young and mobility impaired hunters; to amend Code Section 27-3-15 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to seasons and bag limits for wildlife, so as to provide for an extended turkey season for young and mobility impaired hunters; to provide for related matters; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes

Any such special authorization shall be for the weekend prior to the first weekend of the open turkey season, as established by the department, and shall not be valid for subsequent seasons unless reauthorization is approved
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,

Last edited by Gimp : 03-05-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Antler Addict

I don't understand the point? I could see allowing youth a weekend extra to go or allow them something extra. But I will take my kids with me no matter the weekend of the season once they are old enough to tag along anyway. The point would be here to try to get them "interested" in the sport hopefully by getting on the birds first.

As far as mobility impaired hunters go, I always hear them wanting to be treated no different than any other person and not looked at for their disability, they will need help hunting anyway, will likely in a club type property be one of the only hunters around, why not just show up when everyone else is there and enjoy the entire social aspect surrounding the hunt as opposed to wanting a head start alone. An impaired adult hunter is already interested in the sport anyway if they are wanting to hunt turkeys. Just my .02 though.

Last edited by GThunter : 03-05-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Go dawgs!

The damn gimps get all the perks.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GThunter View Post
I don't understand the point? I could see allowing youth a weekend extra to go or allow them something extra.
Why? Kids are either going to be interested in hunting or they arent Giving them a weekend before regular season opens isnt gonna change that.

Im against it across the board. For gimps AND kids.

I bet it passes though and then my dog trainer and I will be in the woods a week early if he wants to go

its all about the special set asides
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Old 03-05-2013, 05:29 PM

seems to me they would do it on the back side of the season though..........arent gobblers supposedly "easier" to kill the later in the season it gets because the hens are nesting?

Im against it across the board either way but damn straight I will take advantage of it if it passes
Old 03-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Antler Addict

I can see if for kids because I know adults who won't give up the prime opening weekend to take their kids. Just saying its some. If the kids get it, those die hards will have no choice but to take them if they want to be in the woods early.

I do like the deer hunting rule where a kid can use a rifle during primitive weapons season. That way all can still hunt if they want, just using a different weapon.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Beer technician

Dont see the point either. Now kids and gimps getting a hen a yr would be a good idea. Especially the kids.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:44 PM

I couldnt make myself shoot a hen...............they probably taste ok but they are ugly as Hell
Old 03-05-2013, 06:04 PM
THE PLACE Member

I Am For It For The Kids, I Dont Know Any Gimps Personally But I Guess It Would Be Ok??
Old 03-05-2013, 06:50 PM
THE PLACE Member

I'm against it. As long as the GA season is already, surely someone can find time to take a kid or a gimp.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:56 PM
The ****in Slipknot \m/

I think it's stupid. You have two months to hunt. Get them out there!!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssramage View Post
I'm against it. As long as the GA season is already, surely someone can find time to take a kid or a gimp.
Translation: I'm against it because it doesn't benefit me
Old 03-05-2013, 07:00 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryano View Post
Translation: I'm against it because it doesn't benefit me
Not really. Assuming all goes well I'll be a dad in a few months, and could be a gimp in the blink of an eye. My opinion would still be the same.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
I think it's stupid. You have two months to hunt. Get them out there!!
I have to agree. I don't want the set aside and kids shouldn't get it either.

If dad doesn't want to "waste" his opening weekend so little Johnny or little Suzy can go, he's a pretty shitty dad IMO.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssramage View Post
Not really. Assuming all goes well I'll be a dad in a few months, and could be a gimp in the blink of an eye. My opinion would still be the same.
I'm just kiddin man. I agree with you.

If it passes I will take advantage of it though. Especially if its allowed on WMAs.